PK-4|Private

Bad
Good

I usually don't put my personal encounters on any social media. However, yesterday was the most disturbing day ever. They have a rule regarding hair. I was told about the rule however my low and their low was was definitely not the same. Being that there was no specifics to the rule I believed my low would be excepted. Understand, at this point we have paid registration fees, book fees, notary fee, two weeks of tuition and went to open house. Still no mention of DJ hair besides the one time mention of he MIGHT have to cut his hair. At that time I advised the school I was not cutting DJ hair off and I was told that not what we are asking. On Friday, DJ had to go through an inspection with the Mrs. Booker (Director). The director says his hair is a little long however you keep it neat so it should be fine....I will take a picture and send it to the board. On Tuesday, I went to talk to the director about a whole other issues and she proceeds to say "did Ms. Judith tell you about his hair." I said "No she didn't, what's wrong with his hair." The director proceeds to say "the board said his hair is to long and needs to be cut." I asked "why would his hair have to be cut if is not a distraction or impairing his vision." She proceeds to say "this is the school rule since 1989 and we are all uniformed here and the board feels if you don't like it then you and take your child somewhere else." At that point I really should have removed him from the school however I didn't. I took DJ to the barbershop that night and had his hair cut (crazy me). We go back to school the next day the director says "did you even cut any off". Mind you his teacher was walking out with the other children and she over hears the conversation. His teacher said "Yes, you can tell she cut his hair." The director said "I will take another picture and send it to the board." I voiced to her I wanted a decision today because he can go somewhere else. When I came back that afternoon the director expressed the board said his hair would have to be cut off. Only to find out, her husband was on the board. So basically her and her husband are discussing my son at night and making decisions. I asked to see emails and pictures that were sent to the "board" about my son. Mrs Booker never showed me what I requested. Needless to say, I removed my son from that school. Everyone does not have hair for a low cut.

I love this school. My niece and nephew went to this school for years and my husband and I were so impressed with how much they learned that we decided to put our daughter there as soon as she turned 2. Now my daughter knows more than a lot of the other children her age that we know. The staff is great and very family oriented.

My children have attended this school for three years and this year has by far been the absolute worst ever. This school is not accredited by ACSI or VCPE. The teachers are not licensed, which is not a requirement. However, the teacher and staff have no regards for boundaries with the students. Rules are put in place when it is convenient. The director is far from people oriented and has no clue how to run a school, let alone what to say out of her mouth. The sad thing is this is a Christian school behaving worst than any public school.

I rave about this school all the time I wish that you offered tuition asstistance! Ms.Gray is the best teacher Jaida has had thus far and I know she is to be blessed with more great teachers!

It is a excellent school and great teachers.

Last modified New Light Baptist School Of Excellence is a Private school that serves grades PK-4