Bad
Good

This will be our 3rd year at Three Oaks Elementary and we love it! The faculty and staff are truly wonderful and caring. They provide fun events and opportunities for kids and families such as the annual Country fair and Wolf Pup College.

This will be my oldest child's second year at Three Oaks. He is high functioning autistic and in a full inclusion classroom. For the first 3 years of elementary school he was in a different school, in a specialized program for children with high functioning autism. We are so pleased with the special needs services he receives at Three Oaks, as they are very accommodating with his needs and his IEP. The teachers here are wonderful and all the school staff are very involved in helping your child succeed. We have lived in other areas of the city and have had children in other elementary schools in the area and Three Oaks is one of the best elementary schools in the city and in the best area as well!

I have two children there. Both gifted. My oldest has no problems. He fits in well and is capable of learning on his own. My younger child is high functioning autistic with ADHD in addition to being gifted. This school has been an utter nightmare for the last four years. They have a repeated pattern of not being able to help a child with special needs. My child has been repeatedly yelled at and locked in a small room in the office as a time out. Her experience at this school has been way more detremental than helpful because of the schools unwillinginess to follow the legal requirements that outline the process and procedures to help children with disabilities. I have witnessed office staff yelling at my child at parent pickup and the list just goes on. If your child is a typical kid that can just fit in they will most likely be fine but if you have any disabilty you are going to have problems. I suggest getting an advocate very early on or you will not get any where trying to work with the school on your own.

My children LOVE Three Oaks Elementary. The teachers are caring, knowledgeable, and treat each child as an individual. Ms. Hannah, the principal, is very visible, involved and well loved and respected by the students. I was impressed by friendliness and helpfulness of the office staff from the minute I walked in the door before registering my children. The facility is clean and always has tons of children's work displayed in the halls and foyer. Parents are welcome and are encouraged to be involved. I also love the Watch Dog program which is a volunteer program for the dads. Its great to know that my kids enjoy going to school each day and are well taken care of while there.

You child had better be a conformist. This school doesn't support free thinkers. Teachers are snobbish, and unkind. Louise in the front office has had numerous complaints from other parents. On the surface, it seems like a sweet staff, and we were quite content at first.

Awesome school, staff and faculty....love that school. We moved her from France 4 years ago and they helped us a lot :)

Wonderful school! Excellent and caring teachers and staff. My children went from 1st thru 5th grades here. Great PTA and parental involvement. Excellent gifted program with cluster classes and a great gifted resource teacher.

Best school ever! My kids and every other student I know are genuinely excited about going to school. Students are rewarded for achievements, encouraged to participate, treated as individuals, and given strong family and moral values by the entire staff. Ms Hannah, the principal, is like a Rock Star. Al of the kids love her, would hate to disappoint her and she know every one and their parents by name. As long as my kids are in that school, we will never move away.

Three Oaks is an amazing school. The principal is involved in every aspect and knows each child by name. The teachers challenge each student and cater to their specific learning abilities. Every parent is encouraged to be involved and the school is very safe and clean. Someone made a comment about no recess, and that is simply not true. The students also have PE every day of the week. Both of my children love going to school and I know they will be well taken care of during their day.

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the teachers, curriculum, principal, cafeteria and school activites at Three Oaks! My daughter is about to enter her 3rd year (2nd Grade) and is always excited about going to school. Homework and communication between teachers and parents is very effective! The reading and incentive programs are excellent!! Monthly award ceremonies remind the students that good behavior and role-models are recognized and promote self-esteem and self worth. We love Three Oaks!

Last modified Three Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.