PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Atlantic Shores used to be a really good school. Within the past year, there has been a huge turnover in teaching staff. One teacher assigned to teach math admitted math was not her strong suit. There is no set curriculum especially where math is concerned. The homework is all over the place with no foundation to build upon. Class size is the same as in public school, with 20 or more kids per class. The room assignments are also biased. All advanced or those close to being advanced are placed in one class while those that are not are in another. When my child or others asked for help, they were constantly being told they should already know it. So they were left to figure it out. The school says that bullying is not tolerated. Our child had a melt down and the teacher began to imitate our child. Our child asked the teacher to stop to which the teacher replied "that's how you're acting so I'm going to act just like you." This was condoned by the principal to which she stated " well, yes, that's what some of the teachers do to show the child how they are acting." Of course it just made the situation worse.We were also told, because our child had been diagnosed with certain mental illnesses (none of which prevented her from learning and achieving principals honor roll every year), maybe she would be better off in a school with kids just like her. This coming from a private christian school! All I can say is Atlantic Shores has been a lesson learned.

We are a military family that moves every 18-24 months, and are new to Atlantic Shores this year. This school is exactly what we as parents were looking for. We had our children in a christian school before, and Atlantic Shores was the perfect transition for parents and children alike! The staff and families are all wonderful. The school provides a safe, caring, christian learning enviroment; and I am sitting here counting my blessings for finding and placing my children in Atlantic Shores. Both of my children continue to grow and excel thanks to their teachers, and the communication we have with them. Atlantic Shores provides the same values that we provide and hold our children accountable for at our home. I would highly and proudly recommend this school to anyone looking for a great school that cares!

Atlantic Shores Christian School is by far the best Christian School in Hampton Roads. Their faculty, staff and administration is one of a kind and their dedication is truly a gift to the children who get the opportunity to be a part of the Shores family. I am more than pleased with the goals set to see our children succeed academically as well as spiritually. I am proud to be a parent of Atlantic Shores and would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a great private, christian school. The love of Christ shines through each person who walks through their doors.

We have been part of the Atlantic Shores family for many years. As alumni of the school, my husband and I have chosen to put both our boys in Shores. Not only are we pleased with the acdemic side of the school but also the spiritual. The teachers genuinely care about the spiritual well-being of the students and will do almost anything in order to help them. Teachers also utilize many forms of technology to keep the parents informed. The unique academic offerings--such as music, art, computer, outdoor classroom, etc.--help make learning fun and give the kids another reason to love this school.

My son is a sixth grader at Atlantic Shores Christian School and has been attending since K-4. We are so pleased with the high level of academics that Shores provides as well as the personal attention and spiritual direction. The amount of opportunities at Shores is amazing, from advanced classes to fine arts and computer classes. We chose the school 7 years ago because it was apparent that SHores takes care of the student as a "whole," something that is very rare these days. We have been greatly blessed by Shores and I know my son will continue to excel.

Atlantic Shores Elementary is a really nice, loving environment for my daughter to grow both academically and spiritually. The school is well kept. The teachers are top notch. Learning is fun. Best of all the students are respectful to each other. Religion is taught in a kind way. My daughter comes home to "teach" me. She loves singing in Chapel. The out door class room is one of her favorite classes. I am so happy knowing that she is in a loving environment . This school is worth every penny!

I have a son in the high school and one at the elementary. I am so pleased with Atlantic Shores. Both are academically challenged on a daily basis, and the staff is teaching the Bibilical principals that we are teaching at home. We are blessed to be a part of the Atlantic Shores family. My children wouldn't go to any other school.

I have 3 grandchildren that go to Atlantic Shores from Kinderdarden to the high school. It is a great school, lots of parent involvement, a real loving atmosphere, teachers that really care about the kids, and it is like a big family. I am thrilled to attend all the family activities throughout the year.

This is a great school. They really care about the students. The teachers work with the students until they understand. Great school!!

Super elementary school! The staff and administration is wonderful with the children. Highly recommend this school!

Last modified Atlantic Shores Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12