PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My child attended this school only for a few months as we decided to transfer her to another school because we were so unhappy at St John. The school is disorganized and we had such a bumpy road transitioning to this school. My child was in Kindergarten. Teacher is grumpy, not helpful to new parents, not warm with her children, slow to answer to emails and overall seemed unhappy with her job. This was reflected in the way she interacted with the kids and parents. It was just not a happy enviroment. We spoke to the principal about our concerns and didn't see anything change much. Too much emphasis on fundraising rather than the education of my child. I got at least 3 emails a week about how I needed to help with fundraising activities but no emails about how my child was doing in her classroom. I wholeheartedly agree with previous reviewer when they say " current principle cares more about technology and what looks good then actual curriculum. The teachers and staff can't seem to manage the classes without parents helping - which is extensive. Between the constant class parties,school events and mass/prayer there is not a whole lot of teaching going on." We were reluctant to transfer our child out of the school initially to avoid disrupting our child's routine. After many "second chances" we made the decision to transfer and are very happy we did. The school looks a little run down. The school office is still in the 1990's, they do most paperwork by hand rather than using computer for registration etc. The lady in the school office has been there for years and was friendly and helpful..actually the best thing about the school. What a difference now that we are at a different school. I have heard that at least 2 kids have also left the kindergarten class since.

The principal and teachers really care for each child at St John the Evangelist School. They have on-line grading so you always have access to the kids grades. This is a GREAT school!

St John is unfortunately not a traditional Catholic school. I had three children attend grade school there - they had four principles in five years. The current principle cares more about technology and what looks good then actual curriculum. I enrolled my children in public school and they were a full grade level behind. The public school was not surprised and said every Saint John student is behind when they arrive.Parents are rude and distant. Which matters since your are expected to volunteer in the school often. The teachers and staff can't seem to manage the classes without parents helping - which is extensive. Between the constant class parties,school events and mass/prayer there is not a whole lot of teaching going on.I wish we had pulled our children sooner.

We relocated to Warrenton from a suburban area. We had concerns over the size of the school and how that impacted the offerings. The teachers are amazing, many of which are parents of children that attend the school and are fully vested in providing the best education a small school can offer. The principal is fantastic: he is a leader, strives to get the best programs for the school (which has a new science program and computer lab with iPads for in class work), kind and loving and is very much respected by everyone.

We switched our son over in 4th grade and it has been a wonderful experience. We couldn't be happier with the school. The teachers and the Principal care about the students success and really want them to do well.

We have had children at the school for 8 years and there has been continual growth with the school. The principal has maintained a positive learning atmosphere with a moral responsibiliy. Our children have learned strong comprehensive and writing skills. The parent involvement is extraordinary and you comforted knowing your children are surrounded by loving, nurturing people.

The teachers are kind and understanding. The education requirements are above my expectations. The principal is amazing. He continues to improve the school each year with state-of-the-art technology. It is a small school, but the atmosphere is more of a large family. Parents are very involved and supportive of the school and teachers.

I love the school and the teachers . Is a small school , but make it easy to help the students

Last modified St John Evangelist Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8