Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 26, 2016
Mrs. Givens! She is the best teacher there! She is very fair and always cares for everyone and not just one student!

Queens Lake Middle School 4

Posted June 29, 2014
I am an upcoming 7th grade student, and my 6th grade year has been much easier than I expected. I was in adv. English this year, but unfortunately didn't feel as challenged as I'd hoped. Math has been a difficult subject for me for a long time, but I have had a better understanding for most areas this year. Individual student behavior has affected classroom invironments, and can sometimes make the teacher focus on the problem and not the education. I overall can't wait for school next year!

Queens Lake Middle School 4

Posted April 22, 2014
I have been a student at QLMS for three years now. I am in mSAM. I have been to Magruder, Waller Mill, Queens lake, and soon, Bruton. I don't get how people can say his is a bad school! I have learned so much and have had many wonderful experiences. There have been some teachers I haven't liked, yes, but they were just part of he journey. I feel like, even though it's not he best school ever, and I may not be your typical middle school student, I should stick up for this little school. It's a big part of my life, and I'll always have some great and funny memories to talk about in the future. Don't judge a person until you have walked two moons in their moccasins. Thanks.

Queens Lake Middle School 3

Posted December 19, 2013
We recently moved to this area from out of state. During our search, we specifically looked at schools in York County, reason behind our move to this particular area. The teachers are lazy at best. My child is a 6th grade student and if she does not complete an assignment or homework, instead of notifying the parents, the teachers ignore the problem until the parent brings it up when the report cards come out. Teachers are "supposed" to use Edline to post assignments and grades, but only a few teachers do. My child dropped two grades in one subject in less than a month. I was told that she wasn't completing homework, but Edline shows no assignments and I was never notified. Maybe other York County schools are good, but skip this one! It is well not worth the headache to deal with this administration!

Queens Lake Middle School 2

Posted August 17, 2012
I am an honor student that likes to be challlenged and I must say that the average classes were horrible! I was not challenged in science or history but I had FOA with the best teacher I've ever had, Mr. Weidinger. If you ever had any problems he would be glad to help. If Mr. Weidinger was the only teacher there it would be the best school ever!!

Queens Lake Middle School 5

Posted April 21, 2012
My daughter attends Queens Lake and participates in the Middle School Arts Magnet. I am thoroughly impressed with the staff and the personal level of service they provide. Prior to attending this school I heard from other parents that it was not where I wanted to place my child. They did not have an accurate perception nor did they volunteer and help out at the school. As a person who volunteers weekly I see first hand what occurs with my child's education and I am very happy with what I see. She also loves the staff and feels comfortable and challenged. A+

Posted October 13, 2010
It's a small school with Teachers that truly care and spend time to help the students in any way they can.

Queens Lake Middle School 2

Posted August 09, 2009
My daughter attended 8th grade here and we found it was a wasted year. There were no challenges academically and the discipline issue was by far the main focus of the VP. I spent a lot of time in the school sitting in on classes throughout the year volunteering and attending school functions. It wasn't until the last three weeks of school that I finally met the Principal! Dress codes weren't adhered to, swearing was heard in the halls, disrepect towards teachers was rampant. I am not sure how the kids are getting educated here. It has potential, but right now, it is lacking in all areas.

Posted December 06, 2007
I wrote an earlier review on my childs middle school. Queens Lake Middle school. I dont know how I managed to forget to include a teachers name in my listing. I felt I had to come back and include Mrs. O'Hare as one of the best teachers in this school. All of the teachers and staff go above and beyond to make sure each child is successful. If you choose this school I have no dought that you will just be very pleased!

Queens Lake Middle School 5

Posted October 28, 2007
Outstanding middle school! Caring, down-to-earth staff, dedicated to helping their students succeed. Very large number of extracurricular activities.

124 West Queens Dr, Williamsburg, VA  23185
Last modified Queens Lake Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.