Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted August 21, 2016
They go above and beyond for my child! We couldn't ask for a better school!

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted May 19, 2016
My daughter has told me that some faculty have asked her questions they should not ask regarding our personal lives. These questions lead to false accusations and allegations from the school to social services. Social services cleared all of the rumors and I intend to file a police report and a possible lawsuit for harassment.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 19, 2016
My daughter came home from school crying saying one of the teachers assistants was "interrogating" her and made her feel uncomfortable

Stonehouse Elementary School 2

Posted May 19, 2016
The curriculum is great and some teachers are great. This school has called social services on many parents. They've called on me twice for false allegations that were quickly dropped by social services after investigation and I intend to file a report and possibly a lawsuit for harassment. I guess if your kids don't wear all name brand clothes, you aren't welcome.

Posted April 29, 2014
We love Stonehouse. All the teachers have been so caring and talented. The PTA is great also. They have several cool events during the year.

Posted September 26, 2013
We are very new to the Williamsburg area, as well as my fourth grade son a new student to Stonehouse. I have been very impressed with everyone at this school. Considering that he's just recently been accessed with a couple different learning challenges, his teachers as well as other staff members have gone above and beyond to help him get settled. I only wish that we would have made this move long before now. I look forward to many years here at Stonehouse, with my Toddler following in his brothers footsteps here as a Sea Star.

Posted March 06, 2013
Our child has attended Stonehouse for 4 years. He has been thriving and actually looks forward to going to school. We are thankful they have a program that our advanced learner can participate in during a portion of the school day. From the teachers and support staff to his involvement in the running club, chess club, and SHIP club, this school has been a great environment for our child. His teachers have called us at home to share great news about our son and at times, when concerns pop up too. We appreciate that it isn't all about book learning, but life learning too! As a family we have enjoyed the family game nights, carnival, science/math night and the SHIP Sentara Sleighbell 5K. Great School!

Stonehouse Elementary School 1

Posted October 14, 2012
Our family is military, so we move around frequenty. I have never been so stressed about my children's school. We moved to this school district since it supposed to be an excellent school. However, the majority of the teachers do not seem to care about the children. We ran into the principal over the summer. My first grader ran up to her to say hi. Her response was rude and hurt my daughter's feelings. I guess we can not expect her staff to care about children if she does not appear to. We are actually selling our home after living here two years just to leave this district. Initially I thought it may just be my experience, but a neighbor is doing the same thing. Also, numerous people in the area homeschool because they do not want their children to attend this school. Do not let the high test scores fool you, children are just a paycheck here.

Posted March 23, 2011
This is a great school. My son does academically really well but has some neurological issues, and the school has done wonderfully addressing the issues. The teachers, principal, vice principal, counselors, social workers, etc. have always been on my son's side. They truly found what was best for him. This is a great school no matter what kind of learner you are or what issues your child has.

Posted February 06, 2010
Stonehouse is a wonderful place in which to grow-up. My fourth grader has been a student here since kindergarten and has tested well in both reading and math. The teachers work as a team to ensure every child at that grade level is challenged academically and artistically. In the younger grades, part of the nightly homework is to have a parent sign-off when it is completed. Now that my child is older, it is second nature to show me what they are studying and when they will be tested on it. Stonehouse teachers focus on HOW to be a good student; the kids are taught test taking strategies, how to plan and manage large projects, and are taught good study habits. Stonehouse is an excellent school and I would (and have) recommend it to any parent.

3651 Rochambeau Dr, Williamsburg, VA  23188
Last modified Stonehouse Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.