Posted August 22, 2013
Great teachers and staff. Keep you up to date on the students and the activities going on each month. My son loves the school. I wanted to move but don't want to change his schools so staying until he moves on to middle school.

Posted May 21, 2010
i use to go to that school !!! wish i was still thare -Vincent Faulkner

Garland R. Quarles Elementary School 3

Posted August 22, 2007

Posted March 09, 2006

Garland R. Quarles Elementary School 4

Posted January 25, 2005
Before taking my child from private school and placing her at Quarles, I visited a number of the city schools in Winchester. I was most impressed with the staff at Quarles. The school itself also has a warm and friendly atmosphere. I now have a child in 2nd grade in this school. I am amazed what the teachers are able to do with one teacher per class and a very wide range of abilities among the students. The front office staff is very friendly and efficient. They are always prepared to help in any way they can. After discussing specific concerns with the principle I felt I was heard and action was taken within a week to enhance my childs ability to learn. I am happy with this school. The only thing that would make it better is if more parents volunteered their time and chose to participate in school activities.

Garland R. Quarles Elementary School 1

Posted January 15, 2005
I have a child who is in special education there and the teacher is wonderful! The front office staff needs better training to say the least. They have a lack of communication somewhere within that system and want to fault the parent! I am a parent who is well educated and very involved with my childs education. I in fact, have for years been involved with a large amount of children with disabilities education. The only advise that I would like to offer to the staff, is to be careful how you treat people, because you never know who is looking.

Posted February 23, 2004
My children attended Quarles. All of the teachers are very supportive in helping children cope with their problems. If they think the problems are coming from home, maybe they are.

Garland R. Quarles Elementary School 2

Posted February 09, 2004
All 3 of my children have been students at this school. Currently have 2 in this school. Daughter who is bright and has had 2 wonderful teachers and has no problems. Son has LD as well as some ED needs. Instead of working more to help him cope, the staff has made us the parents feel as if we are at fault for his challanges. Not all teachers, etc are like this but the majoirity are.

Garland R. Quarles Elementary School
1310 S Loudoun St, Winchester, VA  22601
Last modified Garland R. Quarles Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garland R. Quarles Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top