PK-8 & Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

My child has flourished at this school. The teachers take the time to know the students across the grades. My child feels comfortable and happy. She knows the principal and the assistant, and gives them hugs at school functions. It is a caring and loving environment that challenges my child, gives the students the opportunity to learn a foreign language since preschool, and provides an excellent religious study.

My child attended for six years and the faculty did not know him or how to meet his academic needs (gifted) - the principal acknowledged that she didn't know how to best serve him. After six years in this small school this educator and her staff did not know this well mannered, polite, respectful, and gifted learner. The teachers all have children of their own attending to receive a tuition discount and most of the staff does not have the proper credentials and/or degrees to teach the subjects they teach (e.g an interior design major and a nursing major teaching core classes and a psychology major teaching English). Their Catholic standard for religion classes is seriously lacking as well citing some things are too controversial to defend and present as standard within the safety of their own "Catholic" school as they have so many other denominations attending as well as teachers who are not Catholic. They rarely have religion class and only meet the sacrament requirements as it would be too embarrassing for SH Church to not allow the Cathoic school students to progress formally in their faith.

I really cannot imagine that there is another school in the country that I would feel as comfortable sending my children to. Standardized test scores are excellent so I know my children are learning and being challenge, the children are extremely well catechized, and it is a safe and caring environment. There is not a weak link among the Kindergarten through 8th grade teachers -- each is excellent.

We have had children at Sacred Heart Academy for the past six years and are very pleased with their education. The school has a heavy focus on STEM education, thanks to some wonderful benefactors and receive a well-rounded education between academics and specials (foreign language, art, music, PE, etc.) They are taught Spanish from a very young age, which is an advantage. We are especially pleased with their religious education at Sacred Heart Academy. A faith-based Catholic education with students attending Mass every Friday and other Holy Days throughout the school year, our children are grounded in their religion.

My child has been at Sacred Heart for a couple of years and she loves it! It has wonderful teachers and its an amazing school.

My children started attending Sacred Heart Academy in 2007 and we've never looked back; it's been a wonderful experience.

We've had our children at Sacred Heart since 1997, and would not have them anywhere else. SHA has rigorous academic standards, upheld by outstanding teachers and administrators. They are first rate -- we would not trade a single one of them. Their new building is exceptional with modern classrooms, and its new science lab is very nice. Our first child was ahead of the curve when he entered high school because of his education at SHA. High school guidance counselors have told us repeatedly that they instantly recognize the SHA kids by their academic performance and the positive and respectful way that they interact with adults and their peers. Just yesterday our 6th grader made an observation out of the blue about the similarities among the philosophers from Greece and the Orient. And she was spot-on. I once gave a presentation to the 4th grade about Virginia history, and those kids knew about the triangulation of trade and tariffs! They provide sports (basketball, track, cheerleading, etc.), strong music and arts instruction and (the best part) a values based education that teaches children to live out their Catholic faith and embrace its heritage. We love Sacred Heart.

This school is wonderful! It helped out our children who are accelerated learners. Our last Catholic school never challenged our children even after several meetings with the principal. I mentioned it in passing to the principal. I went to go into detail with her; she had already done testing and got them what they needed!

This school is geared towards the average learning child. It does not offer programs or ammendments to their education for students who need challenges in learning or students who need extra help. SHA has limited resources for any child with special needs. SHA has difficulty with embracing the differences in children. Class sizes are large averaging 26 students/class. Most teachers are parents of students. Parental involvement is high, but very cliquish.

Last modified Sacred Heart Academy is a Private school