PK-8 & Ungraded
Winchester, VA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 04, 2014
I really cannot imagine that there is another school in the country that I would feel as comfortable sending my children to. Standardized test scores are excellent so I know my children are learning and being challenge, the children are extremely well catechized, and it is a safe and caring environment. There is not a weak link among the Kindergarten through 8th grade teachers -- each is excellent.

Posted July 22, 2014
We have had children at Sacred Heart Academy for the past six years and are very pleased with their education. The school has a heavy focus on STEM education, thanks to some wonderful benefactors and receive a well-rounded education between academics and specials (foreign language, art, music, PE, etc.) They are taught Spanish from a very young age, which is an advantage. We are especially pleased with their religious education at Sacred Heart Academy. A faith-based Catholic education with students attending Mass every Friday and other Holy Days throughout the school year, our children are grounded in their religion.

Sacred Heart Academy 4

Posted May 19, 2014
My child has been at Sacred Heart for a couple of years and she loves it! It has wonderful teachers and its an amazing school.

Posted May 15, 2014
My children started attending Sacred Heart Academy in 2007 and we've never looked back; it's been a wonderful experience.

Sacred Heart Academy 4

Posted March 08, 2012
We've had our children at Sacred Heart since 1997, and would not have them anywhere else. SHA has rigorous academic standards, upheld by outstanding teachers and administrators. They are first rate -- we would not trade a single one of them. Their new building is exceptional with modern classrooms, and its new science lab is very nice. Our first child was ahead of the curve when he entered high school because of his education at SHA. High school guidance counselors have told us repeatedly that they instantly recognize the SHA kids by their academic performance and the positive and respectful way that they interact with adults and their peers. Just yesterday our 6th grader made an observation out of the blue about the similarities among the philosophers from Greece and the Orient. And she was spot-on. I once gave a presentation to the 4th grade about Virginia history, and those kids knew about the triangulation of trade and tariffs! They provide sports (basketball, track, cheerleading, etc.), strong music and arts instruction and (the best part) a values based education that teaches children to live out their Catholic faith and embrace its heritage. We love Sacred Heart.

Sacred Heart Academy 2

Posted August 06, 2009

Posted June 11, 2008
This school is wonderful! It helped out our children who are accelerated learners. Our last Catholic school never challenged our children even after several meetings with the principal. I mentioned it in passing to the principal. I went to go into detail with her; she had already done testing and got them what they needed!

Sacred Heart Academy 2

Posted May 14, 2008
This school is geared towards the average learning child. It does not offer programs or ammendments to their education for students who need challenges in learning or students who need extra help. SHA has limited resources for any child with special needs. SHA has difficulty with embracing the differences in children. Class sizes are large averaging 26 students/class. Most teachers are parents of students. Parental involvement is high, but very cliquish.

Posted January 17, 2008