Winchester, VA

Lighthouse Baptist Academy 2

Posted September 18, 2014
Let's see, where do I begin... our kid has friends in public school and was shocked to learn that her friends actually conducted experiments and had lab assignments in Science class. At Lighthouse, it was almost 100% book material with little to no hands-on activity. At an after-school event, she wore jeans and was told that she had to wear shorts over them because jeans were inappropriate, so the result was that instead of looking "inappropriate", she looked like an idiot. When she was in the 3rd grade, we were at our church and our pastor had a stack of books on a pew, and the Bible was in the middle of that stack. My daughter told the pastor, "You're not supposed to put other books on top of the Bible". Our pastor looked at us with this concerned look on his face, uttered something about religious legalism, and I said, "I'm sorry - we didn't teach her that. It came from her school." I was totally embarrassed. She was also told that contemporary Christian worship music is bad. Pray seriously about this before enrolling your child.

Lighthouse Baptist Academy 1

Posted May 17, 2012
I am now 29 years old. I attended this school as a child and it was the worst choice my parents ever made for myself and my siblings. At the time, the teachers did not even need to be qualified or have any education in teaching. It was a horrible experience that did not set me up for a good future. In the 7th grade I transferred to public school and it was the best choice. I had a lot of catching up to do though! If you care about your child's education - this is not where you want them to be!!!!

Lighthouse Baptist Academy 5

Posted October 02, 2008
I really enjoy RCA it offers a lot of different things i didn't get to learn at public school. All though the change of schools is hard most of the people at RCA really helped me and have befriended very quickly. at RCA it has great teachers that if you need help are always there to help. I am also enrolled in the sport department and my coach is great he helps me play a sport i thought i could never play but now i'm good and it's a blast i'm looking forward to the 4 years even though this is my first year as an eighth greader it is really fun and we get to learn alot.

Lighthouse Baptist Academy 4

Posted April 12, 2007
My oldest has attended RCA for the last 2 years (K and 1st grade). He has really excelled and I believe he is receiving a much better education here than he could get in the public school system. Only issues I see with the school are lack of full athletic program and little opportunities for building social skills (small classrooms are great but the school only had 4 in the senior class last year).

Lighthouse Baptist Academy 5

Posted January 23, 2007
My child has attended the school for seven years. Very good school, great teaching. Teachers have been very good and easy to work with. My child has ecxelled in this learnig environment!

Lighthouse Baptist Academy
2581 Northwestern Pike, Winchester, VA  22603
Last modified Lighthouse Baptist Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Lighthouse Baptist Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top