Winchester, VA

Posted September 11, 2013
Armel is a good school for Elementary age children. They have great quality teachers, and the administrative staff is always welcoming and helpful to parents. They are organized and proved it on their Back to School Night. Best of all, as a parent, I am thrilled with the new security system they are installing at the entrance of the school (intercom, video camera and double door system), which will enhance the safety of all. The school also welcomes Parent's involvement, is looking for volunteers and we receive regular letters from the Principal. This is my daughter's first year of school (Kindergartner) and she loves school so much that she is sad not to attend on the weekends! This is exactly the type of experience every kid should feel. A love and excitement for education. Good job Armel!

Armel Elementary School 4

Posted February 10, 2012
I have a kindergartener at Armel and he loves going to school each day. I am very happy with the progress he has made. I think the curriculum is challenging yet fun too.

Posted September 26, 2010
Armel is an excellent school! We came here mid year and my daughter was welcomed with sweet cards from all the classmates, and the teacher was nurturing and encouraging and made the transition so joyful and fun. The principal is easy to talk to and well liked by parents and students. The teachers are so creative with their curriculum, enabling the students to learn without all the pressure of rote memorization of SOL questions and answers all year, like we experienced at Herndon Elementary (Fairfax Co.). As a daughter of 2 highly respected and greatly loved (by their students) teachers I can say with confidence and experience that Armel is a highly qualified academic community. My daughter is absolutely thrilled to go to school each day! From her bus driver to her principal, she feels cared for and appreciated .

Armel Elementary School 2

Posted July 08, 2010
This is a title 1, overcrowded, diverse school that regularly scores below average in reading. My fifth grader was given picture books. We lasted 4 days. The principle was a failure. Our neighbors 3rd grader could not read at all but Armel kept telling her how great her child was doing. You must plan to teach you child yourself. Okay , it's better than DC but seriously, avoid.

Posted October 06, 2009

Posted April 01, 2009
I too have a graduate of Armel who did very well there and continues to do well in middle school. Armel's teachers lay a strong foundation for children's learning. I have another child who attends Armel and also is doing well there. REMEMBER...a school is only as good as teachers AND parents make it!

Posted September 24, 2008

Posted September 07, 2008
Armel is an absolutely wonderful school with a great faculty and staff. The educators are involved and are very caring. The staff is fantastic. I could not think of a better elementary environment for a child. Worth moving INTO the area to have someone attend this particular elementary school.

Posted December 17, 2007

Armel Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2007
what a great school! My children can't wait to go each day. The teachers and staff are nurturing and excited to be there everyday. I do wish there was more parent involvement.

Armel Elementary School
2239 Front Royal Pike, Winchester, VA  22602
Last modified Armel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Armel Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top