Woodbridge, VA
Students enrolled: 1,168

Stuart M. Beville Middle School 5

Posted July 31, 2014
Idk why everyone is saying that beville is a bad school I'm a 7th grader there and I user stand there is bullying issues people with wright on the bathroom stall and saying thing they have no bissuness saying I've been in those stalls more than I can count but I always move past it I go in there to use it not to read ,I've had great experience in beville for the time I've been there I don't think the teachers are the problem it's the students.most of the students at beville disrespect the teachers and they're just tired of all of it miss.switser is a great teacher who disiplens students very well some teachers just can't handle the students at beville it's mostly 6th & 7th graders who are the worst 8th is starting to muture so there not that bad . All I'm saying is that if you have a problem with the school deal with it you don't have to come on this sight and tell people how bad it is . Don't tell someone that the book is boring because they might like what it's about.

Posted June 05, 2014
I am highly disappointed with this school. You send your child to a school that you're zoned to and place their care and educational needs in their hands and you trust that they are professionals and will care/educate accordingly. Not this administration. The principals are all unprofessional. They cater to only a "certain" few. Unless you are a lawyer or rich enough to higher one, they don't fear addressing you in any way. They're quick to discipline a student even if the student is innocent, rather than taking the opportunity to EDUCATE them. There are no activities with parent involvement. No international night, dances, plays, etc. Coming from a different state I found this school to be disappointing in every aspect. I feel very bad for all of the children attending. The bullying is horrible. Staff is a hit or miss. There's a couple of good teachers, but they're their own one-man-band as they have HORRIBLE leadership....and don't try to go to the person above the principal, it's a big "boys club". The politics will leave you feeling helpless and the focus will never be to care/educate your child. Trust me. If you're zoned here...just try and MOVE for your sake.Try Lake Ridge!

Stuart M. Beville Middle School 3

Posted March 26, 2014
Im an normal 8th grader in 2013-2014 this school has some not caring teachers the kids who actually try to do their work.There is also a lot of bullying and the staff members and teachers don't try to help the students learn except for some teachers like Mrs.Sharova,Mr Turner, and Ms.Holly

Posted June 17, 2013
I have had many, many bad experiences with this school. The lastest one being a suspension for the last day of school. Suppoedly my son was walking across the street and wasnt paying attention and almost got hit by a car in the morning. The staff did not call me to let me know. My son had to tell me and I called up there to find out what was going on and was told the assistant principal who suspended him has left for the day and noone else knew what was going on! Absolutely horrible! They told me they did not contact me this morning because they were busy with graduation. Wow. I am actually speechless. I will be un enrolling my child for next yer.....

Stuart M. Beville Middle School 2

Posted December 08, 2011
I too had heard of Beville's reputation prior to enrolling my daughter into the IB program last year but after speaking with her counselor my husband & I decided to give it try. She is now a 7th grader and has consistently made the AB honor roll every quarter since her 6th grade year. Although she is maintaining those grades, her passion and interest in certain subjects has diminished quite a bit. I definitely echo the sentiments of those regarding the lack of respect shown to parents and students by "certain" administrative staff. When parents enter the front office, they are often given a "cool" reception. Maybe they should learn a thing or two about "customer service" from the staff at CD Hylton High School. Also beware, the Principal is very aggressive, and not in a good way. :)

Stuart M. Beville Middle School 2

Posted September 19, 2011
We did not have a good expierience at this school. It took principle and teachers quite awhile to get back to us anytime we would call and that is just not acceptable. Also, there was not very good, organized communication to parents.

Stuart M. Beville Middle School 3

Posted April 15, 2011
The International Bacculerate Program provides students with a good cirriculum and can help get your child into a good college.The school itself isn't bad it's just the bad students that inhabit it. Beville Middle could use some money therefore students do not go on field trips very often and events are limited. Overall I would give this school a 6.5 out of 10. Also the band has improved this year with the help of the new band instructor Timothy Turner.

Posted March 11, 2011
This school had potential but has a non caring principal who belittles the students, parents and staff. The IB program is great if you can get in it. The best teachers left and students seem unhappy there.

Stuart M. Beville Middle School 4

Posted February 03, 2010
My daughter is in the IBMYP and I can notably see that she is having a distinguished education. Most important, she is happy there and getting ready for life!

Stuart M. Beville Middle School 4

Posted April 10, 2007
My son is in the IBMYP at Beville. It has been a great preparation for high school and beyond. The teachers are tough and fair. While the school has some problems, we haven't had any problems with our son being bullied or pushed around. I would highly recommend this school if your child is gifted or wants to excel.

Stuart M. Beville Middle School
4901 Dale Blvd, Woodbridge, VA  22193
Last modified Stuart M. Beville Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stuart M. Beville Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top