Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Bel Air Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 23, 2015
I want to thank my grandson's 3rd grade teacher, Ms. Clark for being such an inspiration to him. He speaks very highly of Ms. Clark and tells me he is comfortable in her classroom. Thank you Ms. Clark!

Posted October 29, 2014
My son is a 2nd grader and started in Kindergarten here. At first I was reluctant having come from a private school background myself and this being a Title1 school. I am very impressed thus far and have had nothing but a great experience with teachers and administrators. The principal Mr Mitchell and VP Mrs Rosenbaum are great and always motivating and helpful. They seem to have excellent control of what is going on and what the school needs. Teachers seem to communicate with parents a lot. Only criticism I have is they need to give more homework but they have to follow the county guidelines on that.

Posted June 16, 2014
Excellent principal, vice principal, administrators, great spirit, no bully policy, kids earn rewards, extra saturday classes to catch up, smashing bricks for SOLs, orchestra in 5th grade as an option, kids love this school. 3-5th grade teachers seem very good, high level of advanced degrees.

Posted December 02, 2012
Prior to Bel Air, my fourth grader attended Fannie Fitzgerald for two years and did not do well. Now he is thriving and doing awesome--kudos to a fabulous and responsive staff and admin team.

Posted April 16, 2010
Bel Air made a lot of changes for the better when Bruce Lieby was brought in the year before my oldest (now in 5th) entered the school. Clint Mitchell (his asst principal) took over and has run with the base he was given. I am very impressed with the dedication of the teachers he has brought it. There are plenty of resource aides for those who need it. They are offering various programs from Saturday Academy to help students needing a boost, evening programs to help parents see what the students are learning, homework help nights, there is now a Head Start class in the school and there is talk of another summer class for rising Kindergarteners to help prep them for school in the fall.

Posted June 10, 2008
I just love Bel-Air! The princpal Mr. Mitchell is awesome!

Bel Air Elementary School 3

Posted March 25, 2008
My review is mixed: Both my children had great teachers here. On the other hand, both teachers are transferring to another school next year. One child is still at Bel Air and doing very well. The other was having troubles that the school wasn't addressing to our satisfaction. Efforts to resolve them with the staff left us feeling intimidated and demoralized. Of this academic year, one review has been posted. I concur with it in that the teachers are patient and willing to work with the children etc.

Posted November 01, 2007
Bel Air is a fantastic school. The teachers are very patient willing to work with the children and the parents on problems and difficulties encountered during the school year.

Posted July 17, 2006
I am thrilled with Bel Air. I just learned that the PWC Schools are increasing Phys Ed and physical activity for students as well where many counties are cutting these programs! Academically I am pleased with Bel Air as well! Mr Leiby retired this year but his Assistant Mr Mitchell is taking over. We could not be more thrilled with his appointment to principal. We are certain he will continue the great work Mr Leiby did is his three years at Bel Air

Posted March 28, 2006
We recently moved our children to this school from another PWC School and we are nothing more than astonished at the Leadership, commitment to success and care and safety of our children. The teachers are quality that our children have and have worked with us to make the middle of the year transfer smooth and eventless for our children. One of children has Type 1 Diabetes and the entire school from Mr. Leiby, front desk staff, school nurse, teachers and cafeteria staff have been extremely helpful and reassuring that our child is safe and developing educational wise while in their care during the day. Any parent with a child that needs medical assistance knows that the assurance you get from another while your baby is in someone elses care is golden. This has been an great school and hope that leadership and commitment continues. PWCS support your staff. $$$$$$$$$$$

Bel Air Elementary School
14151 Ferndale Rd, Woodbridge, VA  22193
Last modified Bel Air Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.