Belmont Elementary School 3

Posted November 23, 2014
This review pertains to kindergarten, for the most part. The school appears enthusiastic. Every morning the students and teachers participate in "exercises in enthusiasm" during announcements, where everyone has to stand up and strike an enthusiasm pose. They are improving about getting parents involved. They allow parents to eat breakfast with their children, which can be important if the children are in kindergarten. They expect a lot of the kindergarteners, especially being their first foray into standardized education. They expect them to be able to draw pictures, which may be somewhat unreasonable for those lacking an interest in art. I should mention they are a Title I school, receiving government funding to boost test scores.

Belmont Elementary School 2

Posted April 02, 2014
In the past two years Belemont Elementary has been undergoing a lot of change. Change in administration, change in teachers, and change in test scores. The teachers that have continued on are obviously dedicated to the children and community and we appreciate them greatly. As a math and science specialty school, I am concerned to see such low math scores. The reading and math scores are low across the board. Until the administrators can find a way to work with the staff and parents to keep teachers and students happy at the school, it seems that Belmont will continue to be a below average school. Sadly, the people who actually live in Belmont Bay, less than a mile from this public school, choose private school or student placement elsewhere. It is truly a disservice to the community and Prince William County education.

Belmont Elementary School 4

Posted February 21, 2013
Both of my daughters are new to this school. One is in 5th grade and the other is in kindergarten. They both really like their teachers. The kindergarten teacher Ms. Antolick is a great teacher. My daughter always looks forward going to school and really enjoys being in Ms. Antolick's class.

Posted January 10, 2013
This school is really great. Teachers are extremely hardworking and pay attention to every child. Very good reading program, outstanding math program, and overall, academically speaking - the school is really good. Ms. Antolick is wonderful, our kindergarteners love her.

Posted June 12, 2012
Our son transferred to Belmont to attend the Math & Science Program. The school is very diverse which we love! 4th & 5th grade students have 3 core teachers they rotate with everyday. Math, English/Reading, Socail Studies/Science + music, art, pe.... This has helped preparing for middle school block scheduling and organization. The staff is friendly and welcoming. They have tons of fun extra activites after school... Kick ball club, dances, talent show!

Belmont Elementary School 3

Posted August 06, 2010
My son started at Belmont in Kindergarten and continued through first grade. Due to the high population of "Economically Disadvantaged" students the education he received was subpar. The principal and teachers were extremely nice, but he did not learn much. My son was reading and doing double-digit addition and subtraction when he started kindergarten. He continued reading, but he was bored with math. They were still only doing sigle-digit addition. I asked his teacher to challenge him and she gave him multiplication homework, but did not teach it to him. When he came home and we had to teach him. I did not volunteer at the school and pay my taxes to have to teach my son myself. When I approached the teacher about this she said she did not have time. I pulled him out and put him in private school.

Posted September 17, 2009
Because they are teaching Gary to read. And its makes his mama very happy to see him do so well.

Posted September 16, 2009
This school is wonderful. The teachers are so caring,and individually help each child.They truly encourage reading. I highly recommend this school

Belmont Elementary School 4

Posted September 21, 2007
After moving here from a top rated elementary school, I have to admit I was apprehensive. However, Belmont Elementary is truly an amazing school. With a 54% Esol ranking, a large under privileged population and very low parent involvement, the staff is able to still maintain high academic achievement. She had an engaged, creative teacher who instilled a love of learning. In fact, my daughter received perfect scores on all three of her Virginia Standard of Learning Tests. I believe this is a testament to the education she has received there.

Belmont Elementary School 2

Posted January 02, 2007

Belmont Elementary School
751 Norwood Ln, Woodbridge, VA  22191
Last modified Belmont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Belmont Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top