Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted April 02, 2016
The staff at Vaughan Elementary are very caring and really enjoy teaching. There is a lot of new energy at the school this year, and you can see that the kids are challenged each day. I like seeing all the changes the new principals have made.

Elizabeth Vaughan Elementary School 2

Posted May 01, 2015
My daughter went to Vaughan from 3rd grade to 5th grade, I have one son who started from kindergarten and going into the 4th grade and I have another son about to start kindergarten next year. My wife and I had issues with the school staff's lack of communication, lack of professionalism from staff and certain teachers and their poor management. I've written lengthy emails to the Prince William County School Superintendent regarding inexcusable comments from a certain teacher and the lack of attention from the principle and assistant principle. Needless to say this teacher was let go mid school just to return the following year! This current school year they started with a brand new assistant principle and principle, however they so far are failing epically straightening this school out. Feel bad for several of the excellent teachers there, but this school is cursed.

Elizabeth Vaughan Elementary School 1

Posted December 08, 2014
The administrators of this school seem to be completely out of touch with basics of child development. My child was denied special education services, without being evaluated. The school needs a paradigm shift. 15 min. for recess, with a long school day is not enough. Children need to move, in order to learn.

Elizabeth Vaughan Elementary School 2

Posted November 17, 2013
Let me first say that if my daughter didn't have the teacher she does this rating would be a 1. The communication with her teacher is great. The communication with the school in general is terrible. For example I have now signed up for the PTA 4x and paid my $5 fee and have not once received an email or letter from school even noting my interest. No further information has been provided by the school on meetings or any other involvement. The requested parent volunteers for the book fair and I signed up and was never contacted. After attending the book fair I don't think any parents were involved as it was all staff. If you are going to ask for help and you have parents willing to assist then please contact us. That being said my daughter has grown in her abilities. I credit that to her teacher as the overall testing scores are poor even for VA and that says a lot since VA schools Nationwide are poorly rated. There is a truth to what is said that those schools that are in a low income area are not good schools. It's sad and shouldn't be true but it is very obvious here at this school. We feel that the education standard is to low and will be moving to a better location.

Elizabeth Vaughan Elementary School 3

Posted April 30, 2012
I have two students who attend EVS. I have one teacher who responds to my inquires and one teacher who doesn't respond as readily as I'd prefer. The principal is new. I have a some issues w/new procedures she has put into place; however, I understand what she is trying to accomplish. My largest complaint is lack of communication. If the lines of communication were more open, I believe the school would really thrive.

Posted November 10, 2010
i would recommend this school to everyone. i have one child here and she is doing very good here. if she is having any problems in any area, the teachers and the the principal lets me know, together we find a resolution. they are the best staff i have ever worked with. i have two other girls who went to this school, and they both are a and b students. thanks to all of you at this school.

Posted November 04, 2010
I have two children who go to Vaughan and my older daughter went there as well. I love this school so much, they have such amazing teachers and staff! I wish more schools were like this. They take time to talk to me about any concerns I have and are excellent with my children!

Posted May 06, 2010
My child previously attended CCA and left with a reading problem. After having been at EV he is now reading on grade level and working hard to rise above grade level !! THIS SUCCESS is a direct result of the fantastic staff, curriculum, and special attention provided to him !!! HIs reading success is a testament to THEIR successful programs!!! THANK YOU !!!

Elizabeth Vaughan Elementary School

Posted April 16, 2010
Elizabeth Vaughn has a great program and great faculty and staff keep up the good work.

Posted September 18, 2009
I think this a wonderful place to learn i would have gone to this school if i could. My child comes home saying i love this school sooooo much if we mo0ve i wouldnt control myself thanks elizabeth vaughan

Elizabeth Vaughan Elementary School
2200 York Dr, Woodbridge, VA  22191
Last modified Elizabeth Vaughan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.