School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I am amazed at the wonderful activities the students get here at Enterprise. They even have a 4th grade Strings program as well as the FLES (foreign language emersion) for Spanish. The Robotics club which is lead by the schools Signet/Gifted teacher Mr. Olson and the Librarian Mrs. Flench is top notch! The kids seem to really enjoy the After School Clubs that are offered Fall, Winter & Spring which includes, Tae Kwon Do, Music, Crafts, Running, Volleyball just to name a few!
December 10, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son just completed his kindergarten year, and I am happy to give Enterprise a positive review. The school itself has a warm atmosphere, where everyone is welcome. All the teachers, administration, and staff were extremely professional, helpful, and truly doing their best in all my interactions with them. The school has a very diverse population, highlighted and celebrated at the wonderful multicultural night at the beginning of the year. Throughout the year other events help build school morale such as the school carnival, movie nights, ice cream social, and winter dance. In terms of academics, the back to school night and power breakfast where the teachers give parents an in-depth tips for helping their students were very helpful. The engineering challenges, invention convention, and science night were all very well done. My son came out of kindergarten well prepared for 1st grade, and as a former teacher I was overall very pleased with this school. Like most things- the more you put into this school- the more you will get out of it!

My son has attended Enterprise for four years. He came to the school on a low reading level, and struggling to succeed. He has had outstanding teachers and specialist who have helped him develop great work habits, and academic skills. He is now honor roll, and reading way above his grade level. The gifted program is on site and he loves chatting with Mr. Olsen throughout the week. He has enjoyed the strings program and clubs such as rocketry, cooking, engineering, and robotics. His experience at learning Spanish in the language program will serve him well later. Daily walks at healthy feet create healthy habits that we hope will continue once he moves on. Our son loves school. What more can we ask. We are grateful to the staff, parents, and students at Enterprise for the best foundation for his academic future.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted December 10, 2015

Develops character: Strongly agree

Enterprise develops character is all the students, holds kids accountable for their actions and promotes learning from mistakes. The motto "Do the right thing when no one is looking" hangs all over the building.

Great school from the beginning of the day to the end of after school programs. My children look forward to school and the many great activities and adventures that happen. It is nothing like when I was in school, desks in rows and you just listened. This school classrooms are set up with rugs and groups of desks. My kids favorite part of the day is talking and walking after lunch and the after school activities. Love the school, principal and teachers.

You will not find a more dedicated, knowledgeable staff anywhere else in Prince William County. We come in early and leave late to get everything prepared for the day of instruction with the kids. Teachers literally do not stop at this school. The amount of professional development training taken by each teacher is impressive. Language arts pd, Kagan training, ESL classes, new teacher classes, math and science pd...the list of trainings is endless. And teachers incorporate this new knowledge into their classrooms seamlessly. These teachers and staff are dedicated to the success and growth of every child in their care.

My son has had such a smooth transition thanks to the Enterprise summer school program for future kindergarten students. He was worried that he would have a hard time making friends and getting lost, but the half day FREE program was wonderful. He had Ms. Rodgers for summer school and now for the 2014-2015 school year. She's terrific! She is organized, patient and a great communicator. We're excited to see all the wonderful programs in place like ice cream socials, fun run, and after school activities: engineering, tae-kwon-do, cooking and more. My son is so happy to tell me about his day. Enterprise is a great fit.

The worst school my children has ever went to they kept her at a level 6 all year and at the end of the school year moved her up to a level 12 now they want to put her back to a level 6 by retaining her she is only in first grade. The reading specialist gave her the same books over and over until she memorized them. The principle gave me the same material she knew already. The teacher gave her kindergarten curriculum from Jan through June. Had to teach my child at home to read. Did not want to give me homework relating to her class work. And on top of it did not want help from me in the classroom. Not informative on activities in the class at all had to demand her to be in the reading program. My daughter was sent to breakfast every morning because she was 10 mins early to class even though she had breakfast at home before she went to school and had a balance on her account due to her going to breakfast didn't even know she was going to breakfast.

My Daughter just get enroll for Kindergarten and me and my husband we can not stop talking about this excellent school!, Teachers staff and management are so cooperative with parents to give all the information you need for your kid to start! such a great school!

I think the school is okay. I don t think it s a bad school, but I certainly don t think it s the best. My favorite part of the school is the principle. She does seem to truly care about the students. The teachers are nice and helpful. The part I like least about the school is the fact that their entire curriculum is geared around taking tests. They take more tests in elementary school than I did in college. I'm considering placing my child in private school.

Last modified Enterprise Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.