Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Featherstone Elementary School 2

Posted May 20, 2016
Communications is the worst my child is mark I excuse from school even with notes because letter are misplace . Everything is misplace, and how is it you can't visit your own child at the school even if it outside the door to see how they acting. And how does my child get sick or hurt and no body know anything about it until I have to take the child to the hospital

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted May 20, 2016
I feel like teachers can do better challenge some kids more and actually have communicate

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 20, 2016
There no fairness if two children do wrong both children's should be corrected not just one

Posted November 13, 2014
My daughter has attended this school for two years and she loves it! I love how all the teachers and principal work together to have a safe a friendly environment for the kids. This year my daughter has a new teacher Mrs. Hernandez and she is wonderful! She addresses all my questions and concerns and tries to find the best way for my daughter to learn. We love Mrs. Hernandez.

Posted November 04, 2014
I cannot say enough good things about the wonderful teachers, staff and principal. The teachers are dedicated and passionate about education. So far I continue to be pleasantly surprised and impressed by how caring, involved and wonderful the staff is at this school. There are so many ways kids learn and develop. I truly feel that the staff works hard at providing many of those learning opportunities for the kids.

Posted July 07, 2014
My son will be entering his last year at Featherstone Elementary in the 2014/2015 school year. From Kindergarten to 4th grade, my son has had the pleasure of having amazing, professional, dedicated and caring teachers. As a hands on parent, I appreciate the quick responses to my inquiries and the willingness all his teachers have shown to make time to address my concerns. My son has had to utilize the school's Special Education resources. The team in place is excellent and has been instrumental to his academic growth. I am kept aware of my child's progress and always given the opportunity to share my own ideas as it relates to his academic needs. The school has an amazing community presence holding coat drives, canned food drives, back to school drives, and free flea markets all to benefit its students and support the community. All in all I have had an amazing experience with Featherstone Elementary. From Kindergarten and now going to 5th grade, I couldn't have asked for a better elementary school experience. From the hands on principal, to the friendly and efficient front office staff, to the dedicated and "go the extra mile" teachers, FES really is a school of excellence.

Posted May 29, 2014
This school is ok but there is just too much bullying on the school bus something need to been done. the older kids is bullying the smaller kids calling them names and messing with them your child should be happy to go to school not sad!!!!! this is just crazy not good at all

Posted January 30, 2014
We moved around Featherstone and so my child went there the first day when she came home she had a very bad stomachache she said the food tasted horrible and there was mold and hair in the food I was not so happy. She also said some teachers were mean they yelled at her for no reason.

Posted January 03, 2012
This school has gone down hill significantly in the past 5 years. We moved into the area in 2010, and were immediately warned by several different families in the neighborhood to avoid this school at all costs. We decided to look at the school for our daughter with potentially fatal allergy to nuts and judge for ourselves. We took an open-minded approach, and ultimately decided to put her in a different school for the following reasons: Safety: Bullying is an issue, and there is little or nothing done about it. There is a thick, wooded area that surrounds the school; no fencing, and not enough adult supervision during recess; poor SOL scores; we looked at the last 3 to 5 years of scores and they have progressively dropped. The on-staff nurse admitted she had never been trained in nor ever had to use an epi-pen; but she was "sure she could figure it out" - not something we wanted to hear as parents. Even the County representative called and asked us to reconsider; since our daughter's placement assessments showed her as gifted; she wanted us to let her go there anyway to "help raise their scores". This school was not for us.

Posted April 25, 2010
I found it interesting that when I was at the school requesting a transfer for my child, the principal had to peek around the corner to see what I looked like before she told the staff member that the class was full. Other children that attend the same daycare as my kid where allowed to transfer. If she knew the class size was already too big, why would you have to take a look at someone before commenting?

14805 Blackburn Rd, Woodbridge, VA  22191
Last modified Featherstone Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.