Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Marumsco Hills Elementary School 3

Posted March 11, 2016
My child attended this school for only one year and I'm so glad I pulled him out. Parent involvement is low which creates for low expectations dispite the staffs good intentions. Most of the title 1 funding from my view goes towards second language children neglecting the other children's needs. If you feel your vcild needs additional help and you don't speak Spanish all bets are off. Teacher moral is low. Save time and just don't even move in the zoning area of this school.

Posted June 09, 2014
My child has been going to this school for the last 3 years, doing very well academically. Never received award for exceptional things, no encouraging awards. It really upsets me because other parents tell me their child do get awards. Kids need to be encouraged and recognized. Another parent also told me the same no award ever been given to her exceptionally talented child. I wish they do something about it.

Posted March 14, 2014
All 3 of my children attend MHES and they have all have succeded there.The teachers and staff do a great job, they are caring and attentive, of course there is always one teacher in the bunch that is difficult , that can try our patience and forgiveness levels, but for the most part this is a great school. I think more schools would do better if the parents would volunteer more and get involved in their childrens lives. Teachers are not babysitters they are there to teach our children to learn and grow into productive citizens, that takes teachers, parents and children working TOGETHER. I applaude all the teachers, staff, parents and of course the kids that care enough to work hard everyday, They are the ones that make this one of the best, caring,encouraging and learning environments that my kids have experienced.

Marumsco Hills Elementary School 5

Posted August 30, 2013
This is my son's 3rd year at Marumsco Hills, and it really exceeded my expectation. I am surprised with the quality of education and teachers (the teachers my son got) involvement. Few times issues happened with other kids bothering my son, and I had to communicate with the teacher to get it resolved. My son is going to 2nd grade this year and other people who have kids at private school get surprised with what he knows. Don't get me wrong, parents participation is extremely important no matter what school you send your child, there will be some or more issue. I really like the atmosphere. I checked so many private schools at PW county b/c we were planning to send our kids to private school (before I lost my job). Comparatively, the class size at Marumsco Hills is bigger and better. In general it is more than my expectation Parent

Marumsco Hills Elementary School 1

Posted August 19, 2013
We are a military family and have always had higher learning type schooling. Unfortunately this school focuses so much on the non-English speaking students that the English speaking students are at a huge disadvantage-they are not challenged at all. I'd never pick this school willingly for my child to attend. It was more like daycare than school for my 3rd grader. There is a serious lack of professionalism as well, the front office has no tact & the teachers do not dress for teaching. They never even made a copy of my ID to have on file nor did they ever ask for it when I'd take my son out early. Just an awful experience overall-SEND YOUR CHILD ELSEWHERE!

Marumsco Hills Elementary School 1

Posted July 27, 2013
My son went here from K-5 and I will say that the first three teachers he had were so willing to give up on him and only offered to hold him back. Well, being who I am I refused such action. They were quick to work against us and slow to work with us. The school does really need to upgrade their teachers who are willing to teach in a modern way as things have certainly changed in the last 20 years since I was in elementary. As time went on we fought our way through and "hold back" never came up again. I am so glad we are done with this school. If I had to do it all over again, this would not be my first choice of schools if .

Posted December 14, 2012
Please send the information about Marumsco Elementary School. I will register for my daughter next yr 2013-2014! Thanks, Toan

Marumsco Hills Elementary School 5

Posted August 03, 2010
Hidden jewel. Under estimated because of the high number of students entering not speaking english, this does NOT slow the class down (do the research). Amazing, smart, caring, superb staff. Principal knows her stuff and does what it takes to get the kids what they need.

Posted April 20, 2010
We are a supportive family all working together in order to help each other succeed.

Marumsco Hills Elementary School

Posted April 19, 2010
We are a community of learners who support the needs of our students.

Marumsco Hills Elementary School
14100 Page St, Woodbridge, VA  22191
Last modified Marumsco Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.