Bad
Good

My daughter started in this school last year as a second grader. Though her teacher was great and she has learnt so many things in her second grade and got almost perfect grades, but not so happy about the overall performances of this school. Overall test results are not satisfactory at all, need to be more tough and more challenges to all students and parents should be more co-operative as well. Staffs are not so friendly, though so good to see principal standing outside every morning to greet students. I am not happy to see the rating 2 for this school in our first year at Neabsco Elementary school. I believe it deserves bit better.

Have alien pod creatures infiltrated Neabsco Elementary School in the 2 years since the last of my kids who went there moved on to middle school, or something? Because my own family's experiences there do not correspond at all with some of the lowball ratings and scathing reports I see here. The office staff and other administrators were always perfectly pleasant with me and my wife, and I thought the teachers and staff did a truly superb job, seeming FAR more "engaged" than those in the school in (allegedly better) Fairfax County we had moved from. Surely Neabsco deserves far better than the 2 out 10 rating it currently holds, which makes it seem like the staff are maybe just letting the little savages fight wolves in a pit for food or something. Really folks: if you are buying a house nearby and are now spooked by this GreatSchools nonsense, just breathe deeply and relax: Neabsco is a perfectly fine and secure school with great and devoted teachers and staff, and your kids will be just fine there. I promise. Also, I have it on good authority that the lunch fare is WAY better at Neabsco than the slop served at Saratoga E.S. in Springfield, so there's that to consider too.

i thought this was a good school and boy was i mislead.my child was in kindergarten. She came home crying alot when asking the teacher she blamed the aide when asking the aide she blames the teacher. i have transfered her to another school a few miles away and she is so happy she is learning things more at the new school. the office staff at neabsco are very rude and the principal is about what makes him look good. My child was late for school 5 times and missed 3 days the princpal calls me for a conference bc she was a transfer student. after he finished talking i kindly let him no that his kndergarten teacher has been late to school several times, leaves early and misses quite a few days a month. so if he wants to set a example he needed to start with his staff first. Thank you god she is out of that school. i do not recommend anyone going to school there please move out of the district. they don't even deserve one star.

If you are considering moving to this district, think again. Take it from a parent, you are better off in a different school. The principal is brand new & is more concerned with test scores than individual students needs. There is no discipline procedure other than to panic and punish. Principal is an alarmist who will call you for minor behavior issues. Our experience has been a nightmare. He doesn't listen to your concerns, will back bad decisions by teachers and will tell you "we have yrs. of experience & we know what we're doing."

I have had 3 children either formerly or currently enrolled in Neabsco for a total of 6 years. In all of those years we have only had one average teacher all of the others have been excellent ! All of my children were at or above grade level. Linda Trexler, the principle has done amazing things! Neabsco has a very diverse student body but in no means is scary as a former teacher posted how unprofessional! I do have to agree the office staff is rude.

I taught at this school for one year. It was the scariest year in my teaching career. Many years later I still have nightmares about that place. Linda Trexler is a saint to come to this school. She is the best thing that could of ever happened there.

Last modified Neabsco Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.