Woodbridge, VA
Students enrolled: 1,029

Posted December 03, 2014
So glad I got my kid out of this school. He is doing so much better now emotionally. He loves his new school and all the nice kids.

Posted January 29, 2014
The Principal and Assistant principals are not performing professional as leaders. I have not seen the Principal on any concerts. The Assistant Principal seems to be busy with his own problems and not focussed on children at the concert. He stayed at the corner and did not approach any student and parent to express appreciation of what kids were doing on the stage. I would not recognize him as an administrator if my son told me that this is not a janitor holding the keys to the building. Shame. He did not approach any student for encouragement. I did not see him talking to the music director either. Shame

Posted December 13, 2013
Rippon Middle School is a great school because of its special programs. I get that the school has bad students but if you apply to the specialty program then they would not be with bad student. ( i am in the program)

Posted October 02, 2013
My son got a perfect score on the 8th grade SOL in 6th grade! He looks forward to going to school. Enough said...

Rippon Middle School 3

Posted February 08, 2013
We New to the school and only have bin there for 4 weeks .to the teachers I have to say ,they all very friendly and helpful ,to the front desk ,I agree to some people here ,that they not very nice ,they do what they have to do, but not in a very friendly way.the school building it self ,could use some updates and remodeling.overall I think the school is ok.

Posted October 01, 2012
I think Prince William County need to evaluate this school with great attention. We are parents with kids in the schoool. I no longer sleep at night as i think something is happening to my child at this school. VERY TERRIFIE PARENT

Posted April 29, 2012
Very disappointed in this year's math & science program. My son placed 1st in his category at the science fair and placed 1st in the overall category for his grade level. He was to participate in the county wide science fair. His science teacher did not register him. We didn't find out until we went to set up the evening prior. My son and myself were very upset. We spoke with science fair coordinator/math & science program head, but unfortunately there was nothing he could do. The following Monday, not a word was spoken to my son about the mistake. I spoke with his Gifted Ed. teacher and the principal. The principal apologized and my son was given his apology a day later after I requested one. His science teacher did not own up to her mistake and pushed the blame onto my son. She is the adult and he is the student. He issupposedly in the Math & Science Program and you'd think they'd encourage student growth and want to increase the perception of the school. How does this happen? Very sad. Luckily, this is his last year there and this the only bad apple, but it was a big one.

Posted September 19, 2011
I think Rippon Middle School is an excellent school. The teachers are great, and have a great friendship with the students. The way they teach the students is magnificent. The principal is very nice, and obiously knows what shes doing. The school has many assemblies and special occaisions.The band program is excellent, with a great teacher. This school also offers a Math and Science Program, which gives the students chances to really understand and participate with the subject. To be honest, bullying and things as such are happening, but not very often. Every school deals with this. I strongly recommend this school to anyone who is interested.

Rippon Middle School 4

Posted August 23, 2010
I went to this school for a year and a half, and I can honestly say it was one of the best experiences of my life. Most of the teacher are great, but there are a few, like in every school, that are kind of below average. I loved all my teachers, the band teacher is my favorite :). The band is a great program, and the other music classes are getting better. I think they got a principal since I was there, and they renovated. It is really a great school.

Posted August 16, 2010
RMS is by far the most dysfunctional school my son has attended. It appears that the school administration is out of control. There seems to be a heavy focus on punishments and not academics. I have walked in the office several times for various reasons and they are very rude and impatient to parents and students. I would not recommend this school.

Rippon Middle School
15101 Blackburn Rd, Woodbridge, VA  22191
Last modified Rippon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rippon Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top