Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son transferred into Leesylvania Elementary School about midway through the school year due to my husbands job relocating us. My son loved to go to school at his previous school, he never had any complaints and looked forward to going again in the morning. When we transferred to Leesylvania, within a week, all of that changed. The teachers would yell at the students instead of using more gentle tactics. His teacher kept telling us he needed summer school. At his previous school, our son was performing where he should be in reading and writing. When he received his state assessment we were then told he scored to high for summer school. This just shows me that his teacher was incompetent. We also had a bully problem, so I called the principle. My son had been punched in the face, spit on, and sat on in a matter of a three week period. The principle told me the student who was doing the bullying has had this issue with other students in the past. I asked what he was going to do about it and he said we will just separate them when we can. That never happened and the bullying continued. The staff in the office at this school are rude without cause. I went in to register my son and was greeted with "what do you want?" I hadn't said a word yet and this was the morning greeting. It would be one thing if this was an isolated incident but this happened on many occasions. Once I called in for my sons transcripts so we could transfer him to a better school and the women put me on hold mid sentence, without even letting me know she was going to do so. My husband went in to speak with them at one point and they gave him the same reception. The staff is unfriendly, the teachers are incompetent, the principle was unhelpful, and from what we can tell, our sons education suffered greatly. If I could give zero stars for this school I would. If you live in this district, go somewhere else. I promise you, you will regret sending your child to this place.

My daughter attends this school and she absolutely loves it. The teachers seem very attentive and caring. They also seem to have a lot of programs that other schools don't. I like the principal and vice principal both seem involved in the school.

I used to attend Leesylvania Elementary as a student and was enrolled there for 6 years! I absolutely loved it there. My experience with my peers, teachers, and with the school its self was a type of experience that I would want my children to go through. The school keeps the students entertained from the moment they enter and exit the classrooms. The teachers are extremely caring towards their students and makes sure that they are teaching what need to be taught for the upcoming SOL's (grades 3rd-5th). I have really excelled from being at this school, I was constantly getting good grades and passing every SOL. Some people might have different opinions then me because they might not of had the teachers I did. I recommend this school to anyone who might be looking into enrolling at LES. (:

I have two daughters that have attended this school. Every teacher they have had has been awesome! I have definitely seen some improvement in the overall control of the school with our new principal and that was the only concern I used to have. I wouldn't think twice about registering my child here.

LES may have anew principle, but the teachers and staff are so unprofessional. They never accept responsibility for their mistakes. There is no professional dress code. Teachers wearing jeans and flip-flops is not professional at all! The SOL is more inportant than real teaching and education. PWCS administrators need to walk in and access this school. No stars.....just zeros accross the scale.

Our son is attending his second year at Leesylvania. He loved K and we were happy with his performance. 1st grade and off to another great year. New principal this year and were very please with results. We're looking forward to the next few years.

Great School!!!!!! Great staff!!!!! My son was below grade level when he started here. Now he is A-B student.

Our child attended this awful school for 1 year. Our child was repeatedly bullied because of a life threatening allergy to peanuts. All allergy kids segregated at lunch time with police tape around a set of tables, and other children were permitted to literally dangle food containing allergens in front of these children. Many complaints to the teacher were blown off as 'kids being kids'. Our child was exposed so many times and had allergic reactions as a result. Teacher was more interested in available dads for her dating excursions rather than the safety of the children. Terrible experience at this school!

My child has attended 4 schools and Leesylvania is at the bottom of the list. Teachers constantly emphasize the Virginia Standards Of Learning (SOL) tests instead of focusing on improving the cognitive capabilities of individual students. Moreover, my child says they watch educational videos and are not allowed to ask questions about subjects because "they can't ask questions on the SOLs." I could understand if the teachers restricted the usage of questions just a couple of weeks before the test, but these students do not have the chance to ask questions all year! I asked the teacher if they were allowed to ask questions, and to my surprise she said "no," They are "preparing them for the SOL!" In today's fiscally constrained environments, I understand that standardized test can be the difference between receiving additional grants and not. Nevertheless, this school has been atrocious all year for its overwhelming concentration on the SOLs instead of the kids, the most important resource we have and the reason it exists in the first place.

We actually should attend Fitzgerald Elementary but where luckily transferred out due to there lack to make AYP. My daughter currently 4th grade never enjoyed school before attending Leesylvania! Now she loves it! The teachers do a great job. Students for 4th & 5th grade have the same teacher for the two consecutive years so they are able to restart immediately and pick up exactly where they left off.

Last modified Leesylvania Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.