Leesylvania Elementary School 4

Posted August 06, 2014
I used to attend Leesylvania Elementary as a student and was enrolled there for 6 years! I absolutely loved it there. My experience with my peers, teachers, and with the school its self was a type of experience that I would want my children to go through. The school keeps the students entertained from the moment they enter and exit the classrooms. The teachers are extremely caring towards their students and makes sure that they are teaching what need to be taught for the upcoming SOL's (grades 3rd-5th). I have really excelled from being at this school, I was constantly getting good grades and passing every SOL. Some people might have different opinions then me because they might not of had the teachers I did. I recommend this school to anyone who might be looking into enrolling at LES. (:

Posted May 13, 2014
I have two daughters that have attended this school. Every teacher they have had has been awesome! I have definitely seen some improvement in the overall control of the school with our new principal and that was the only concern I used to have. I wouldn't think twice about registering my child here.

Leesylvania Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2014
LES may have anew principle, but the teachers and staff are so unprofessional. They never accept responsibility for their mistakes. There is no professional dress code. Teachers wearing jeans and flip-flops is not professional at all! The SOL is more inportant than real teaching and education. PWCS administrators need to walk in and access this school. No stars.....just zeros accross the scale.

Leesylvania Elementary School 4

Posted January 26, 2014
Our son is attending his second year at Leesylvania. He loved K and we were happy with his performance. 1st grade and off to another great year. New principal this year and were very please with results. We're looking forward to the next few years.

Posted October 24, 2013
Great School!!!!!! Great staff!!!!! My son was below grade level when he started here. Now he is A-B student.

Leesylvania Elementary School 1

Posted September 19, 2013
Our child attended this awful school for 1 year. Our child was repeatedly bullied because of a life threatening allergy to peanuts. All allergy kids segregated at lunch time with police tape around a set of tables, and other children were permitted to literally dangle food containing allergens in front of these children. Many complaints to the teacher were blown off as 'kids being kids'. Our child was exposed so many times and had allergic reactions as a result. Teacher was more interested in available dads for her dating excursions rather than the safety of the children. Terrible experience at this school!

Leesylvania Elementary School 2

Posted May 08, 2013
My child has attended 4 schools and Leesylvania is at the bottom of the list. Teachers constantly emphasize the Virginia Standards Of Learning (SOL) tests instead of focusing on improving the cognitive capabilities of individual students. Moreover, my child says they watch educational videos and are not allowed to ask questions about subjects because "they can't ask questions on the SOLs." I could understand if the teachers restricted the usage of questions just a couple of weeks before the test, but these students do not have the chance to ask questions all year! I asked the teacher if they were allowed to ask questions, and to my surprise she said "no," They are "preparing them for the SOL!" In today's fiscally constrained environments, I understand that standardized test can be the difference between receiving additional grants and not. Nevertheless, this school has been atrocious all year for its overwhelming concentration on the SOLs instead of the kids, the most important resource we have and the reason it exists in the first place.

Posted June 12, 2012
We actually should attend Fitzgerald Elementary but where luckily transferred out due to there lack to make AYP. My daughter currently 4th grade never enjoyed school before attending Leesylvania! Now she loves it! The teachers do a great job. Students for 4th & 5th grade have the same teacher for the two consecutive years so they are able to restart immediately and pick up exactly where they left off.

Posted June 07, 2012
My daughter loves her school, and so do I! Her teacher is so warm and caring. She emails or calls me immediately with any concerns. She recognized her needs for extra support in reading and with the help of the reading resource teacher, she went from well below grade level to at grade level within the first few months! I love the PTA events, the sense of community and belonging, and the genuine concern from almost staff member.

Posted October 11, 2011
I have watched this school take flight under the current administration. I have live in the community for years and always wondered why Leesylvania struggled, but under the leadership of the current Principal the school has completely turned around! The quality of the teaching staff has gone from not to good to outstanding. The teachers and administration only accept the best from each child and support them in every way possible. Any parent would be thrilled with this school from the first moment they step in to the school.

Leesylvania Elementary School
15800 Neabsco Rd, Woodbridge, VA  22191
Last modified Leesylvania Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leesylvania Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top