Bad
Good

Posted February 16, 2015
We love this school. We've had nothing but a great experience! The teachers truly care about the students. Our favorite thing about the school is that because of the small district, the students all know each other and look out for each other!

Posted June 16, 2013
My daughter has attended Lake Ridge ES for two years and this school is just great! The teachers and admin staff are awesome as well as their programs for the kids, specifically SIGNET. Being a military family, this is my daughters thirds school that she has attended and ranks among the best including DoDS and private schools. Would definitely recommend this school any day. Lake Ridge ES has been awarded the School of Excellence Award for countless consecutive years, this award is the highest recognition awarded by the Prince William County School Board.

Lake Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted March 18, 2013
My children are new to this school and they have had nothing but a hard time. I finally got my 1st grader moved out of the classroom with a "permanent" substitute because my child was not being allowed to use the restroom (and has a bladder condition), myself along with several other parents had to have their children moved due to the substitute. My child was only moved after I contacted the Superintendent. So to the person who said not to point fingers, I suggest you learn your facts before pointing your finger. The other teachers that I've encountered are amazing!

Lake Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted March 18, 2013
We reviewed this school before we moved here and there were several reviews that had us slightly concerned; however we disregarded them and came to this district anyway. Our 1st grader had an amazing teacher who suffered from some serious health problems. The substitute they brought in was very harsh with the children and not very thorough. She speaks to the children in a way that an adult would speak to another adult. After several issues, offering to help in the classroom, contacting the principal and with no results, we contacted the Superintendent and finally our child was removed from that classroom (along with several other children who were removed from her class). Our other child is in 4th grade and her teacher is amazing! Hopefully that substitute won't be back next year.

Posted February 23, 2013
We relocated to this area several years ago and were told to specifically get our children into Lake Ridge ES. We have been pleased at the exemplary staff! When reading the review about the first grade teacher and substitute, we were highly upset. Two of our children have been in that classroom(last year and currently). They have had nothing but great experiences with both teacher and substitute. The sub picked right up from where the teacher left off and has provided excellent communication. It was quite unfortunate for the teacher who had a life threatening and unexpected illness last year that she fully recovered from and was able to return this year. Parents last year were amazing and understood and supported the substitute. Surprisingly to all, especially to the teacher, she became seriously ill again. The same substitute offered her skills, again, and has done an amazing job! She is a certified and experienced teacher who has made the transition with our children very easy. We are blessed to have gotten such a dedicated teacher for a substitute! Parents should be more involved in a positive, supportive way versus pointing their fingers at something they aren't willing to do!

Posted August 24, 2012
My daughter have been attending Lake Ridge Elementary since 2nd grade. Currently she is in 4th grade. After attending a private school, this is the best school in Prince William Country. The teachers are very dedicated to the students and the communication with the parents is great. They have excellent teachers, and always challenge the kids. No wonder we are number 9 of 10! Nice to see the stuff get to know each kid and call them by their names. My daughter could not be happier.

Posted March 31, 2011
My Child has really blossomed here. She came from Christ Chapel hating to read and despised homework, now she loves both! Her teacher is awesome and I couldn't be happier.

Posted March 30, 2011
I have 3 boys and we have been attending LRES for the past 8 years. This is our last year as we are being transfered and it makes me so sad to be leaving this incredable school!! The teachers have all been open and caring and very easy to comunicate with. Each child is an individual at this school and even the office staff gets to know each and every one of them!!! We will miss this school so much and all they have ment to our children. I'm certain we will never find such a top notch, caring school again!!!

Posted January 04, 2011
I went to this school for only kindergatern through second grade and those were the best times of my life. great school i remember all my teachers ms davis Mr scoot all of them

Posted October 19, 2010
The teachers are just perfect. This school is a great example of how great a school can be.

Lake Ridge Elementary School
11970 Hedges Run Dr, Woodbridge, VA  22192
Last modified Lake Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.