Woodbridge, VA
Students enrolled: 1,218

Lake Ridge Middle School 2

Posted May 16, 2014
This Lake Ridge area is extremely over crowded and so are its schools. Lake Ridge Middle School has over 1200 students, 6-8 grades, while other middle schools in the county have under 900. The over-stressed, over-worked teachers and the average administration make this school hectic, chaotic and undesirable. Bullying is a HUGE problem since the school is too small and understaffed. Hopefully, PWCS will get their over population under control in ALL their schools, especially in the Lake Ridge area as it once was the place to attend in PWCS. I'm rating the teacher quality low not because they're bad teachers but because they just can't effectively teach 160 students. 40 students to 1 teacher is just too much.

Lake Ridge Middle School 2

Posted July 30, 2013
My family is having a different LRMS experience. Bullying and fights occur more often than they should. The teachers are average. My children over the years have needed extra support. In the three years that we have been here, my children have yet to have a teacher that they felt comfortable asking for extra help. The teachers often refer my children to NJHS peer tutors. Last year my second oldest was a member of NJHS tutoring his peers but, receiving private tutoring at home. Between my husband, myself, and an expensive tutor, my children meet the standards, and on testing they often pass all the SOL's advanced. LRMS is not the reason behind my children's success. Compared to when my oldest child, who is now in college, went to a Fairfax middle school, I am putting in way too much work at home. When I email, I often get a response back from LRMS teachers within 72 hours, versus the usual 24 hour response time of the Fairfax teachers. And the World Language Program is a joke. If you are considering the World Language program, please talk to some parents first. On paper the program seems great. The presentation they give to parents is awesome. Talk to parents first.

Lake Ridge Middle School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
Lake Ridge is really a nice school. As with all schools, the skill and the involvement of the teachers varies, but for the most part I think they do a great job. The principal and the front office staff are great. We've had a few teachers who were a little slow in keeping their webpages and the parent portal updated, but overall my daughter's transition to 6th grade went smoothly. The world languages program is also very nicely run and a great deal of fun.

Posted May 12, 2013
this school is AWESOME I'm an 8th grader at this school. i love it so much. the teachers are kind and help me learn. I'm going to miss this school since it's my last year :(

Posted April 02, 2013
My daughter is now an 8th grader and has attended LRMS for the past 2 years. Words do not express the greatness LRMS! This school prepares your child well for high school and the teachers actually take time to engage the students. If your child is a part of the foreign language program, he/she will not go wrong with Sra. Engman....by far one of the best teachers on the planet! The other teachers are great as well, but Sra. Engman is outstanding. This school has quality education while teaching to maintain a student's morals and values. The school is great!

Posted April 01, 2013
It looks like this review process needs an update....2013! My 4 children have all gone to Lake Ridge Middle School. Number 4 is there now as a 7th grader. Most all the teachers are VERY interested in helping each individual student reach their potential. If you have a problem....seek help. Don't just stew about it. The Principal and teachers will work to resolve what ever issue you have. Parent involvement is ALWAYS welcomed....though I have seen it greatly decline in new parents helping in the last year or two. I feel there could be ALOT more homework given to the students to prepare them better for the rigorous schedule a pre AP cirriculum requires in high school...but overall I think the teachers, parents and office staff are GREAT and welcoming! GREAT SCHOOL!

Posted March 30, 2011
OHH MY! thats all i can say! LRMS is a amizing school i am a 7th grader and I LOVE IT HERE!! There are some stupid rules like no hugging or contact with other but other then that I love here!! My Favorite teacher is Ms. Hoyle by far! She understand that school needs to be fun and not just a place to learn! Lots of people dont like here but those people are the one who get in truble soo it is their fault they dont like it. AND IF YOU DO GO TO LRMS U OTTA TRY OUT FOR THE LRMS CHEER SQUAD!!!!<3<3<3

Lake Ridge Middle School

Posted September 30, 2009
The teachers take the time needed to make sure that each and every child has all of the tools that they need to move forward.

Posted January 02, 2009
I'm in the eighth grade and have gone to LRMS since the sixth grade. It is not my area school but I'm there on the foreign language program. As long as you do not mess with the wrong people you'll have a great time

Lake Ridge Middle School 4

Posted August 30, 2008
I am a former student of Lakeridge Middle School and I loved it! I went to Woodbridge In sixth grade, then seventh and eighth I went to Lakeridge. I made so many more friends here and had so much fun. I definately recommend this school and the teachers and fantastic. both years I don't recall having any problems. and if so, not severe.

Lake Ridge Middle School
12350 Mohican Rd, Woodbridge, VA  22192
Last modified Lake Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Ridge Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top