Woodbridge, VA

Posted September 30, 2014
CMES is a great school! Several of the teachers have won numerous and or have been nominated for teachers awards. The staff is great and genuinely care about the students education and safety. They score great on their SOL's and my kids enjoy going to school there. It's a great community of teachers, staff and parents. Ms. West is truly a good principal and has turned CMES into a great place to learn!

Sharon C. Mcauliffe Elementary School 3

Posted September 26, 2013
This is our first introduction in to the PWC school system. We are only in the 4th week of school, so I am only able to say so far the Principal has been very good in meeting with us and discussing our needs and concerns. Over all the school seems to be struggling with organization, but it only the first month of the school year.

Posted May 24, 2013
We have had a wonderful experience at McAuliffe! My daughter attended K and 1st grade here with excellent teachers who make sure all the students in their care are challenged according to their abilities. The principal is always looking for new ideas to keep the students engaged in learning and the new after school enrichment programs offered this year were fa great testament to her and her staff's work.

Posted January 24, 2013
This is the best school my son has attended so far. They have a wonderful staff, and even though my son has an LD, This school has been able to get him up to grade level, for the first time since 1st grade. The teachers my son work with keep me well informed of his progress, and are always available if I have an questions or request a meeting. I absolutely recommend this great school!!

Sharon C. Mcauliffe Elementary School 1

Posted October 19, 2011
My child attended K & Grade 1 here &, although K was outstanding - we were extremely dissatisfied with Grade 1. The Principal is not an honest person and some of the teachers need to retire because they have no idea how to manage a class full of students in absence of the physical discipline which was allowed in the old days. I witnessed several teachers quit (the good ones) & several parents removed their children from this school. The PTA is a puppet of the Principal &, as such, is essentially useless.

Posted January 07, 2009
My child is in Kindergarten at McAuliffe and my wife and I are members of the PTA. The Principal sets a wonderful tone for all the teachers and students alike implementing the STARR achievement system (Self Discipline, Trustworthiness, Appropriate Attitude, Responsibility and Respect). The positive motivation from the 'stars' given for behavior which implements these values is a breath of fresh air. Communication is excellent. There are school activities at least once a month, including evening 'Curriculum Celebrations' at least twice this year where teachers host learning stations for parents and kids alike. The teachers are talented, hands-on and involved in their students' daily lives. My child's teacher has achieved the perfect balance of teacher, caregiver and structure provider. Having witnessed a day in her life, while helping out as a parent-helper one Friday, I can say with conviction that we are blessed to have our child in this school.

Posted June 18, 2008
My Child will be entering 5th grade and my child had attended this wonderful school from K-G4 and this a great school. The New Principal is nice and kind, and the teachers make sure no one gets left behind.

Posted May 29, 2008

Posted March 07, 2007
My daughter has attended McAuliffe Elementary for 3 years, 1st through 3rd Grade. She has excelled and I am extremely pleased with her progress. I was very surprised to see the bad grade given to this school. All of her teachers have been great and the new Principal seems very dedicated.

Sharon C. Mcauliffe Elementary School 4

Posted April 22, 2006
My son attended this school last year and was in kindergarten so my review is based entirely on that grade level. My son had an excellent teacher who was firm, fair, kind and very experienced. The classroom also had a teachers assistant that was there everyday. There were about four computers located in the classroom and the children regularly used them. Parent involvement was high in the classroom and overall. There were programs available to help students struggling with reading. The school has excellent security. They have cameras located inside and outside of the school and very strict rules about picking up children during and after school. Overall I think this is a very good school.

Sharon C. Mcauliffe Elementary School
13540 Princedale Dr, Woodbridge, VA  22193
Last modified Sharon C. Mcauliffe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sharon C. Mcauliffe Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top