Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

There is usually not a lot, at this age, but is fair when there is, consistant reminders on rreading and papers sent home how to communicate and work with your children on the day and preparation for tests.

My child has been in this school since kindergarten and now 2nd grade. Child had self esteem issues in the begining after moving from Europe. Teachers and all staff have been, and still are very supportive, constructive and have helped my child gain a confidence in which wasnt there before. Went from not liking school to loveing it. All the teachers, principal, vice principal and staff, seem to know every childs name and goes out of their way to help improve quality of learnign and life at this school. a huge Thank you for Westridge ES Woodbridge!

Great school, with fantastic staff. The principal is awesome and truly cares about the students.

I was told this school was the best in the area. The online rating supported this information. However, I quickly discovered that it was not the best and is overrated! First, the environment is culturally insensitive. More importantly, the teachers and staff are unprofessional, unorganized, insensitive, poor communicators, possess ineffective problem resolution skills and lack integrity. If you are looking for a positive learning environment....THIS IS NOT THE SCHOOL. Early in the school year, my child was bullied and treated unfairly by other children. When I brought it to the attention of staff, they brushed it off and informed me that they were working on it. I addressed other concerns with teachers, staff and principal to only receive an inadequate and untimely response which led to an ineffective resolution. Seriously consider other options over this school.

My son attended this school as a kindergartner in 2012. Before we moved to Prince William County I researched schools thoroughly. Everyone I talked to told me that Westridge was the BEST elementary school in ALL of Prince William. Based on these reviews, our family moved in the Westridge Subdivision so that my son could attend Westridge and we were very disappointed. As other parents have pointed out, the communications were very poor and although we registered on time, our son got stuck with a new teacher and in a class of about 28 kids. There were only a few teacher's aids and they were shared amongst all the classes. At that time, the principal and the Asst. Principle was not responsive to issues. Students were not recognized for perfect attendance and other areas. It was such a horrible experience, we could not wait until the year was over. After talking with other parents, they too had moved into the neighborhood for this school and were later disappointed. We left and went to private school where my son is excelling academically and socially. I personally think this school is WAY overrated.

I have 2 children who attend this school. Kinder and 3rd grade. This school has a pretty responsive principle. The school could be better at resolving problems. They allow students to play football during recess on concrete, this landed my son in the ER. They have this safety issue. My son was teased based on the color of his skin and called a racial slur. They didn't find the student therefore they didn't discipline the student, they did tell students to not use bad words. I personally think it could have been an opportunity to promote acceptance of others in an age appropriate way. I think they could have done more than tell kids not to use bad words. Based on information provided to me, I think this diverse school could be more culturally aware and sensitive to all students. Also, they need more assistance in Kinder classrooms. There are limitations in visiting classroom, you will be escorted by principle or vice principle after about 10 minutes you'll be escorted out. If you volunteer your left alone with kids and have no escort, for example field day or field trips. I have only experienced one good teacher with a very effective teaching style Mrs. Arguin.

Westridge is reviving! This is our second year at the school and I cannot believe the difference I've noticed with the new principal! The teachers (and I've spoken personally spoken to several) are much happier and the mood is so much lighter. New teachers have been hired including the addition of two teachers dedicated to autistic students. I've never had a problem volunteering or checking on my children in their classrooms. Every teacher is different and some are ok when you show up spontaneously while others may prefer a scheduled visit. It is what it is. Do not have any apprehension sending your child to this school. It really is a great place!

My school has blossomed more this year, with new leadership, effective changes and more vitality.

Westridge is one of the best elementary schools in Northern Virginia!! This is the school you want your kids to go to!!! Mrs. Zhikharev is an amazing teacher!

The Westridge learning environment is excellent. We've been at this school for ten years with multiple kids and are still impressed with the teaching staff, the parental involvement and the extracurricular activities. The principal has hired engaging teachers and provides numerous opportunities for creative learning - the chorus is exceptional and well attended (two separate choral groups due to the outsized interest), elementary strings frequently outperform middle schools, 24 club mathematics competition, running club, excellent support for Odyssey of the Mind (they always have multiple highly creative teams), well represented at the County art fairs and science fairs and all around expectations of student excellence. Mrs. Hayden has also instituted an anti-bullying program that has worked very well - bullying is not a problem at the school. Our kids moving to middle school are more than prepared for the increased academic requirements. When you expect excellence from the students, they respond to the challenge.

Last modified Westridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.