Posted April 17, 2014
We love this school and lucky to have our Daughter attends this school. The principal rocks.

Posted April 17, 2014
It's an amazing school. From the principal to the teachers top notch from top to bottom.

Posted February 20, 2013
I really wish Antietam gets 9 or even 10 within the great schools ' ratings! The staff is amazing, super professional and very helpful. The new principal is so humble and full of energy. She is everywhere even outside in the morning welcoming all the kids, with all the other teachers. My daughter's teacher is the best lady I have ever met. Honestly, when your kid is so excited to go to school and hates missing a day even when he is sick, I believe this makes the school deserves all those stars!

Posted May 02, 2012
This is by far the very best school I have ever dealt with and HIGHLY recommend it to everyone. Unfortunately, job situations and an awful commute have required us to relocate to Maryland (which is AWFUL by the way.) My children and I miss Antietam terribly.We are currently seeking new employment in order to return to Lake Ridge because of the awesomeness of this school! While I found the principal unpleasant, the rest of the staff makes up for her shortcomings with their greatness!

Posted July 21, 2011
This school is amazing!!! I have two children in this school 1st and 3rd...we moved to the area from Louisiana last year. Despite private education in LA, my children were struggling when they first entered this school; however, the school and the teacher diligently worked with them throughout the year. Now both are at the top of their class and love school!!! Academically, Antietam is awesome and the only thing that out shines the academics is the extra-curricular activities. Chess club, running club, scouts, tae kwon do are all offered through the school and/or community. The parents and PTA are also amazing and supportive and friendly. I am sad to have to move away from the area, but cannot wait to come back into this school system.

Posted April 08, 2011
This is my daughter's first year at Antietam, and I am very proud to say that she is doing tremendously well! She had trouble with reading comprehension earlier in the year, but now she is doing much better and even enjoys reading more! I know it is due to her teacher and the "Study Island" staff who give her extra help after school. I am grateful to have found such a good school for my daughter to attend.

Antietam Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2010
This is a great school. The teachers are really wonderful and they sincerely care for the kids. Ms. Kern is a such a wonderful asset to the school as well. We unfortunately had to move to a different state but she called me personally months after we moved to let me know that our new school had not requested school records for my daughter and wanted to know how she could get them to the new school.

Posted August 12, 2010
My boys went to Antietam for only one year and it was one of the best schools they have attended! The teachers were wonderful, the administration was attentive, and the extra programs offered were outstanding. My youngest, who needed special help in reading, excelled and for the first time made the honor roll. I highly recommend this school and hope we can come back!

Antietam Elementary School 3

Posted April 29, 2010
Antietam has been a great school however changes in admiinistration and teaching staff have made things murky; from basic operations to reinforcement of new hire teachers.

Posted December 28, 2008
We have been thrilled with the attention and recognition our children have received at Antietam. While there is not a lot the school can do about PWC's unfortunate choice of math curriculum (math investigations) they are making up for it in quality of instruction!

Antietam Elementary School
12000 Antietam Rd, Woodbridge, VA  22192
Last modified Antietam Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Antietam Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.