Woodbridge, VA

Posted May 22, 2014
Fantastic introduction to school. My daughter had been attending for the last 2 yrs. They teach children great tools for kindergarten- raise your hand, sit in a chair, don't figit with the kid sitting next to them, color w/in lines, reinforce numbers letters days months holidays (not just Christmas & Easter - M. Luther, President's Day Columbus Day etc.) help children with holding crayons/pencils correctly etc. My daughter loves the worksheets and scholastic workbooks - she is so proud when she brings the school work home. We love that she loves doing worksheets! It is the start of building self confidence when it comes to what she knows. I cannot say enough about the teachers, they are wonderful. My daughter has learned some fantastic skills that are very important for kindergarten; and she is learning important social skills as well. The teachers are very attune with what the children are capable of or not; and wow they are great dealing with such different personalities! The program is almost 3 hours long and pack full of great classes including music. We were looking for a school that offered more than just playtime, & this was the school for us.

Cloverdale School 2

Posted January 03, 2014
I had heard good things about this preschool so I enrolled my child. While the staff is very nice, this is not a preschool that I would recommend for the following reasons: Ratio is 1:8 however since the bathrooms are not in the room and one teacher is always out with a child to potty, the ratio is really 1:15. Therefore the teachers in the 3 year old class are always stressed out. (rightfully so). They spend time daily doing work sheets at 3 years old which is not age appropriate. Play time is minimal because the rooms are VERY small and outside time often gets cut out. They do way too many parties in these small rooms that are simply overwhelming and just too many. They take all 16 kids to the bathroom once which takes 25 minutes of their 2.5 hours there. Kids are just sitting in the halls for 25 minutes waiting to go to the bathroom. Lastly, they cater to quiet, mild mannered toddlers and do not know what to do with a toddler who has energy and frankly, normal toddler behavior. The people are nice but we have found this school to be in the dark ages and not age appropriate. Luckily, there are so many other great preschools in this area to choose from.

Posted June 13, 2013
I have greatly enjoyed the pre-k program and the kindergarten program. I will continue to send my child through second grade! Excellent teaching, Excellent staff!!!!

Cloverdale School 1

Posted December 25, 2012
Very disappointed with the curriculum for Kindergarten at this school. Dittos, dittos, and more dittos. My son never touched a computer, didn't do any arts and crafts, didn't learn to hold a pencil correctly, and didn't fit into "the mold." He had to play catchup throughout his first grade year due to the poor instruction at Cloverdale.

Cloverdale School 1

Posted September 03, 2011
Good school for the most part, however sometime your kids will come home with bump and bruise, scratches, etc... and the teacher will have no clue how it happens! Aren't they supposed to watch the kids... the director is not always responsive regarding issue happening on the school premises.

Posted August 01, 2011
I love this school!!! My little guy had a great time in the preschool program. What I loved the most was the open lines of communication between the staff and parents. I am looking forward to another great year in Pre-K!!

Posted May 26, 2011
I love this school!! When my son came home only attedning school after a montha dn he could write his name I was sold!! Before that he signed his name as a circle. Everyone in the school is professional and very helpful. Definitly a great school!!

Posted June 09, 2010
I taught school myself before having children so cirriculum was very important to me. When searching for a "preschool" for our son, whose birthday is past the cut off for kindergarden, we really focused on what he would learn. We definitely wanted preschool and not a "preschool program". The Cloverdale website was very imformative for us especially since the cirriculum is laid out month by month as to wha is being taught in the classroom. If we weren't already sold on the school, once we toured the school the warm, and informative staff clinched the deal for us. Our son walked right into the classroom and even went to music and participated. Cloverdale meet our expectations and then some.

Posted July 08, 2008
Cloverdale is an outstanding fit for our family. Our children began attending the school as three-year-olds; they'll be in second grade and kindergarten this fall. Our second grader thrives in the structured, academically focused, loving environment. She's a spirited child, but Cloverdale has truly supplemented our efforts at home to teach respect, self-control and a love of learning. She has blossomed over her years at Cloverdale and performs well above grade level in reading and math, which we attribute to the small class size, personal attention and effective teaching methods. The half-day kindergarten program is very focused, and the small reading groups offer a great deal of individual attention. My rising kindergartner is already reading in large part because of the preschool program's focus on phonics. There is very little staff turnover; many of the teachers have 10-25 years of both private/public school experience. The Cloverdale community is our extended family.

Posted March 06, 2008
We chose to enroll our son in the half-day kindergarten program because we felt a full day program was too long. We couldn't be happier with our decision. He's truly excelled thanks in most part to the small class size and the excellent teaching staff. I'd recommend the kindergarten program to anyone.

Cloverdale School