Holy Family Catholic School 3

Posted June 08, 2014
As far as the education itself, it is a fabulous school. I have been pleased thus far with the academics part of it. My kids really enjoy going to school. Just wish there could be less favoritism when it comes to staff and parent relationships. For example, don't hire parents to work at the school and continue to do so, and then turn around and tell others that they can't apply. NOT FAIR!! I think that all parents should be able to feel welcomed instead of shunned. Other than that, the school is very caring toward the kids, which is the most important part.

Holy Family Catholic School 4

Posted May 26, 2014
My son started at Holy Family Catholic School in kindergarten (2011). His class size was smaller than public school and he thrived from the beginning. He is now finishing up 2nd grade. He takes Spanish, hands on Science Lab, PE, art, etc. He has a small class size and teachers who know and love him. They work with the chidden individually to make sure each child is receiving what they need from their education. Religion is a focus but not the only focus. He is reading well above his grade level and is challenged by his teachers. He has joined the chess club which he loves and next year plans on running on the track team. For a small school, they offer many extracurricular opportunities. The school has a close-knit family feel and the principal knows all the children. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a terrific Catholic school education. There are also many opportunities to be involved so parents can be a part of their children's education. Our son will continue to attend school here until we move out of the area. Great job HFCS.

Posted March 05, 2014
We are extremely happy with Holy Family Catholic School. The principal is kind, caring and a great leader. The teachers are hard working and caring. Both of my children love going to school and are learning so much.

Posted November 12, 2013
We have been blessed and feel very lucky to have our children attend HFCS, with the Mrs Chevlin, teacher and now the principal it has been a great experience, not only for parents but for the students as well. We would recommend this school to all families that want a great experience in their child's life. The teachers are wonderful, the before and afterschool groprams/sports are well organized. Holy Family has a lot to offer.

Posted November 11, 2013
Holy Family Catholic School is a ver y good place to enroll your children. The teachers and staff are dedicated to providing a great faith bases education. I feel the curriculum is challenging but having the resource center to help kids with different learning styles keeps students from falling through the cracks. The athletic program is very strong with wonderful coaches. Parents are encouraged to volunteer and be part of the educational process. The communication between teachers and parents is excellent. The small class sizes allow for the teachers to really know each child. I think the discipline at the school is top notch. The principal is very hands on and visible during each school day. The office staff is extremely organized and willing to help with parent needs. While there is bullying at all schools, there seems to be less here. I would recommend this school to anyone and I am very happy that my two children attend Holy Family.

Posted November 07, 2013
Elementary classes and teachers are wonderful. The principal is fantastic. The school can improve by having all Catholic School handbooks with the same rules and consequences. Especially demerits. Rules need to be standard.

Posted November 05, 2013
From the moment we walked in Holy Family Catholic School for a tour, we were greeted by friendly faces, a bright and friendly environment, and a place everyone there was excited to be. We couldn't imagine our children going to any other school. As our children have spent more time at HFCS, we have come to love the school even more. We feel our children get a whole person education in academics, religion, and love. Great things are happening at HFCS!

Posted November 04, 2013
Excellent school - My son loves the school. Teaching staffs are awesome. Materials and homework are creative and fun. My son (1st grade) has made significant progress with only 2 months so far. Love the school and would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted September 15, 2013
it is amazing it is amazing ok so go there this is from a student from holy family

Holy Family Catholic School 3

Posted April 05, 2013
Some parts of this school are great and other parts not. There is a strong focus on the Catholic religion, which is good if you're Catholic, but in some areas they don't seem to be as Christian as I would expect. Behavior of some of the teachers was rude and unhelpful, while others were outstanding, hopefully the new principal will get a handle on this situation as it gives some parents the impression that school is not great. Overall, compared to other schools in the area, I would only rate this one as average. My daughter was not receiving what I consider a well rounded, first class education at this school, so I made the drastic move to change schools and I have not regretted it for a second. Do your homework before putting your child in this or any other local school - get a tour of the facility, ask how many kids are in the class, ask for test scores. If you can't get all of these, cross the school off your list. One thing I did find was this school had a low student count compared to other schools in the area, but they also have very limited facilities and very small classrooms too.

Holy Family Catholic School
14160 Ferndale Road, Woodbridge, VA  22193
Last modified Holy Family Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Family Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top