Woodbridge, VA
Students enrolled: 2,407

Forest Park High School 4

Posted May 25, 2014
I am a parent of 10th grade student. We like this school. The Art and IT program teachers are great. Russian language teacher is awesome. Our son getting a good grades.

Forest Park High School 4

Posted May 11, 2014
I'm a Junior here. It's a pretty good school. The curriculum is excellent. They have a good IT program. Most of the teachers are okay. Some are different than others. Some teachers are just plain rude. Another con is a certain guidance teacher: she barely has time to respond to emails & whenever I visit her, she has an attitude. Some students lack hygiene and manners. There's always trash after breakfast , lunch & at the end of the day. Other than that, it's a pretty decent school. P.S. They need a pest control.

Forest Park High School 2

Posted June 20, 2013
I thought I had done my homework on this school, and still ended up being very disappointed. Forest Park may be good for the average student or those who could care less about the Arts, however, if your student requires gifted services or is interested in Theatre or Fine Arts, you are much better off applying to Woodbridge or another specialty program at a different school. The Theatre department is minimal with virtually no resources and very little parent involvement. The GT coordinator here does a good job communicating with parents, but the program itself has been a disappointment for our daughter. Our counselor also is lackluster and was very patronizing to my daughter. Math and Science instructors have been mostly standout, while English, Art and Theatre have all been quite disappointing. Also, this overpopulated school has an average administration, which has been pretty unimpressive any time I have had to deal with them. Activities for the graduating class of 2013 were cancelled due to lack of parental leadership. I would not recommend this school for anyone looking beyond just getting their diploma and getting out.

Posted February 07, 2013
Forest Park High School is a phenomenal school. The expectations set by the administration and teachers is for student excellence and success. The school is welcoming for families, communicates effectively, supports student success and collaborates with the community. Parental engagement is my responsibility and this school provides many opportunities for me to be engaged in my son's learning. This school understands family-school partnerships. I would recommend FPHS to anyone. Proud Bruin parent!

Forest Park High School 2

Posted April 23, 2009

Forest Park High School 1

Posted April 18, 2009

Posted November 14, 2008
Gorgeous facility, enthusiastic teachers, IT magnet school and a beautiful setting across the street from National Forest--loved it!

Posted May 26, 2008

Forest Park High School 0

Posted October 25, 2007
I'm delighted that the parent of the previous posting has had such great responses from FPHS. We, too, have relocated here (from a larger school district), but have not found the guidance dept. to be of much help/use at all, nor the teachers and course selections very stellar in comparison. I will say, however, that I am totally onboard with our new principal, who's in his 2nd year. Our son started FPHS in 2005, and that principal kept us on the fence about the academic courses he was 'on the waiting list' for and never got in to.

Posted September 04, 2007
Our son has attended Forest Park High School since 2004.Our relocation to VA caused him to make poor choices in friends and classes.The staff and guidance department at Forest Park went above and beyond to ensure that our son turn in the right direction. Without this 'village concept' our son would not have turned around. His teachers, coaches, guidance counselor and administrators all worked so he could see his true potential. If you want a school where your student is not just a number. Teacher's that not only care for the students but know their subject matter. Coaches that will counsel, academically motivate and nurture your athletes abilities than this is the right school. This school not only has terrific tests scores. They have a great soul!

Forest Park High School
15721 Forest Park Drive, Woodbridge, VA  22193
Last modified Forest Park High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Park High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top