Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

I have two kids at Rosa Parks and we have been very lucky throughout the school years to have some great and supportive teachers. I like how the school applies everything my children learn to real life application. I think this school is preparing them well for middle school and to become young adults.

Rosa Parks is an incredible school! The staff are all committed to every single child. They help meeting the needs of every individual child to promote a safe and welcoming learning environment. My child loves going to school and loves learning thanks to Rosa Parks and their committed teachers, principal, vice principals and every other staff member. Thank you for making learning fun and engaging!

We moved into this schools district at the very last minute, and our son started Kindergarten. We couldn't be happier with this school!!! Everyone has been so wonderful, and accommodating. The principal and vice principal are top notch, and we absolutely love all of his teachers as well. We truly were so very lucky!

Ms. Danielson is amazing. She takes a personal interest in every child and their well being. she is very attention to detail oriented and the teachers are wonderful with the children. I am so excited that my children got to experience such a wonderful school.

They are extremely organized and spend time to listen parents concerns. The only school I ever seen taking the kids to their parents vehicles to make the process a lot easier to the parents.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students have to wait on line and extremely organized. The go over what integrity and fairness means to students and parents

My 4th grader has been at Parks from K-4. My 2nd graders from K-2. There is a bit of high turnover in staff. The administration is "big" on academics, discipline & ensuring each kid is treated fairly. Its a strict environment where kids are expected to excel. If your child is self motivated, the better he/she will do here. You 100% have to work with your kids at home & stay on top of their academics or they may have a hard time here. The admin holds a ceremony every quarter to award the kids for their hard work. Parental involvement is extremely high. All of the friends that I've made since moving to Woodbridge/Dale City, I've met by going to different events at the school. The school is a health conscious environment &, in my opinion, frowns on unhealthy food items in the kids lunchboxes or carried into the school. They don't allow cake or cookies to celebrate birthdays either. The school is kept clean with lively & colorful walls, the cafeteria is clean & well operated, the office staff & nurse is organized, & the security is good. I have not experienced discrimination or negative treatment here. One thing that I don't like about the school is that there aren't a lot of after school activities. Mostly girl scouts and boy scouts. There are no sports leagues, etc. When I was in elementary, we had elementary sports leagues, majorettes, & cheerleading all held at the school after school hours. If you want your kids to be involved in extracurricular activities you have to go outside of the school and sign them up in a city, community, or district league. With the amount of land attached to many of the schools, the high number of kids, high parental involvement, and the close proximity to other nearby schools with large land lots, I would think that having after school leagues & other schools to compete against would be doable. Maybe there is a stipulation that wont allow it. Additionally, the zone for the school is a nice, family oriented, & diverse area in Dale City with single family homes & townhomes so many of the same students that my oldest daughter started with & befriended are still here. The school is diverse BUT the staff is not (I'm not sure why that is) however, the staff seems to have great control of the children. No school is perfect but this is a really great school. My kids are challenged here and overall they're doing well so I give 5 stars.

Rosa Parks ES was a good fit for one of my children- an easy, bright child who is self-motivated. For two of my other children, both Special Ed students, it was a poor fit. They are a very regimented and somewhat strict environment, and for a child with processing, ASD or other special education needs, it's not supportive or flexible enough. The individual teachers vary in their approaches, of course- and some of better than others. The music program is wonderful, and the music instructor, Mr. Bernstein, is gifted at working with children- even children with challenges. The school presents well; the facilities are clean and new and bright. The office staff is sometimes hostile and not accommodating to parents, and this was off-putting on many occasions. If the tenor of the administration could find a way to be more flexible and less stringent, this could be a very successful school. Alas, for us, it was a mixed bag. If you have children with special needs or an IEP/504/BIP, exercise caution and stay on top of everything. Expect bumps.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Again, different children, different results. My Special Ed students were both utterly failed by this school, to the point PWCS recommended we pull them and do home study. My bright, advanced placement child did very well.

One of the best schools. They treat you in a very personal way. The principal and her assistant know each name of the kids. Staff make you feel at home. Discipline is great and they know how to challenge kids. Technology is updated. Overall, a great place to bring your children!

Last modified Rosa Parks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.