Woodbridge, VA

Posted November 25, 2014
One of the best schools. They treat you in a very personal way. The principal and her assistant know each name of the kids. Staff make you feel at home. Discipline is great and they know how to challenge kids. Technology is updated. Overall, a great place to bring your children!

Posted May 28, 2014
Not sure what or who that previous parent is complaining about but my daughter has been at Rosa Parks for 4 years now and we love it there. The teachers that we have had and the ones I know are wonderful and have always praised and helped my daughter. Not sure how she can take a bad experience with one and talk bad about the whole school. I would recommend Rosa Parks to anyone, we love the staff and administration and could tell you many great things about them!

Rosa Parks Elementary School 2

Posted March 18, 2014
This school was a horrible experience for our family. The students have no freedom at any point during the day, the teachers regularly tell the students how bad they are on a daily basis without ever acknowledging good behaviour. The guidance counselor especially bears caution as she levels unfounded accusations which cause much harm.

Posted February 21, 2014
My child attended Rosa Parks from 2nd grade through 5th. We were very pleased with the whole experience. Prior to Rosa Parks my child attended Pattie, and I can say first hand they are light years apart. Rosa Parks staff is great, teachers are kind and responsive, my student and I both love it.

Posted January 06, 2012
Rosa Parks elementary school is EXCELLENT! The past principal and current principal both have put their hearts into this school to make it what it is today. You can feel the warmth when you walk into the school. The staff knows each child by name and that is very impressive. My daughter always achieves honor roll and has learned so much in her 4 years at Rosa Parks. Thank you Rosa Parks staff for giving my daughter an awesome start.

Rosa Parks Elementary School 4

Posted October 19, 2011
This is an excellent school. The resources seem to be used in the best way possible. Lots of technology and a fair amount of diversity in the staff...people of all ages, different ethnicities, & both genders.

Posted February 15, 2011
This school has everything I could ask for in a school. An administration that is beyond outstanding- very in touch, caring, involved, fantastic communicators, and quickly solves any issues. The instructors (including the music, art, PE, science, etc.) are very dedicated- and passionate about what they teach. The four classroom (home-room) teachers I've got to know very well are all exceptional! The classes appropriately challenge my children. My kids always come home pleased with this school. They love school- it is fun to them and they are most certainly learning every day. I feel like my children are treated like individuals here, not just a part of a group. They are very in-tune to my kid's feelings and immediately detect something when they aren't being their normal selves- and immediately contact my husband and I. The front office staff must have the greatest memories- they know the kids by their names and our situations at home. VERY HAPPY WITH THIS SCHOOL!

Rosa Parks Elementary School 4

Posted March 20, 2010
Great leadership. Sound basics. Solid discipline. Strong communication. Family friendly. Principal makes decisions based on what she would want for her own children. Rich activities- talent show, music programs, fitness. Excellent music program. Instruction- Committed gifted education staff. Classroom instruction varies, as w/any school. History and science are given short shrift by most teachers. A science lab is in the rotation of 'specials' each week. Reading instruction is quite strong. Writing could be more rigorous. Kids are not taught cursive in any coherent way. Mathematics is a mystery- teachers have not bought into county's new math program and so they appear to rely almost exclusively on Accelerated Math which is a pretty boring and low level test/drill/test/drill approach to math instruction. This is an area where they could improve. Technology use by teachers is above average. PTO is active and school has good resources- it is relatively new.

Posted February 24, 2010

Posted August 12, 2009
School and staff is excellent. They do everything withing their power to accommodate the student's needs. My son went from being labeled with ADD at a previous school to the gifted program on this one. They worked with him to see how they could help him better and in the process learned he was just bored and not challenged enough. This year he got a score of 600 on his SOL and that is a perfect score. This was possible thanks to dedicated teachers and a very dedicated and hard working principal, vice principal and encore teachers. No wonder it's been school of excellence since it opened. Every year teachers and even the principal are awarded by the county. Is by far the best school my kids have been to!

Rosa Parks Elementary School
13446 Princedale Drive, Woodbridge, VA  22193
Last modified Rosa Parks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rosa Parks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top