Posted May 04, 2014
I can see why this school has 3 out 10 rating. My son has told me on several occasions how the teachers are disrespected by students. I contact teachers and it can take up to a week to hear from them, if I do at all. This school needs a make over for sure. My son has a teacher who fails everyone. Sounds as if the teacher needs replaced not the students being judged. Im really considering transporting my son to another school next year just so he can get a better education. After having his lunch stolen, clothing stolen and a locker he doesnt use because its too far between his classes. I wonder if anyone in this school cares. I have met with the principal, teachers an security advisors and they all say " they are high school kids, we are used to it." Im worried for the future of this school. As of now it has no accreditation. Seems to me the parking space needs a new car in it, if you know what I mean.

Posted January 24, 2014
I am a senior at Freedom so I know firsthand being a student there, the struggle the school has faced. However, it's what you make of it. Freshman year, I realized in school I would have to fight for what I have always wanted :success. I'm happy to say I did that. Freshman yearI joined the dance team which taught me how to love something but not focus so much on it that my grades slipped. Sophomore year I began taking AP and Pre-AP classes that were challenging and the work was challenging. Junior year I lettered again in academics and was nominated for Youth Salute and made it. This year as as senior I am very proud to say I will graduate on time, and have been offered scholarship money to go to school because of ACADEMICS. I have been accepted into George Mason University with a 3.7 GPA that I maintained while dancing for the team and working a part-time job. Who would've thought such a story would come out of Freedom, the school who "has everything wrong." You just have to go in as you would any other place in life, with confidence, motivation, dedication and hunger for success. You can succeed wherever you go, it's just all what you make of it and you CHOOSE to rise above.

Posted January 19, 2014
Freedom High School is one of the worst schools in the county. I transferred over from a high school in the state of South Carolina and since then I have failed to realize why the teachers here are teaching information 2 months behind schedule, In the Pre-AP classes! I came about 3 months into the school year and for the next 2 months I relearned the same information I was taught at the beginning of the year in my old school. This isn't the only issue either. Kids at this school show no respect to the teachers when the teacher tells the class to be quiet it takes up to 3 minutes of the class quieting down. I singed up for all AP and Pre-AP courses and if the students in those classes misbehave and act up I would hate to see the students in regular courses. As a parent I would look into other schools in the district because Freedom is not well suited for a child who wants a great education, learning environment, and many educational choices. This school only boasts 2 foreign language classes which are needed to be taken to achieve a advance diploma, so if you want to take a language other than French and Spanish you will have to look into the other schools.

Freedom High School 5

Posted August 26, 2013
I am a Freedom Parent and am VERY happy with the school. Indeed, it needs attention, particularly with graduation rates, but this is due to the immigrant population that attends freedom. What most people do not understand is that students aren't "graduating" because the school is failing somehow, but because of the transient nature of the immigrant students-many (and I mean MANY) do not stay at the school TO graduate. Their families move to other areas or back to their countries. So, Freedom is NOT a school of failing kids--but dealing with a very special circumstance that NO OTHER school in PWC deals with. My child has just completed his first year at Freedom, in Pre-AP and advanced courses. He was challenged, nurtured, tended to, and made to feel a part of the Freedom Family. Schools in transition require a community willing to respond to their needs. Whatever school a child attends is made BETTER by parental involvement. Freedom has suffered YEARS of a bad reputation that simply does not exist. The school is cutting edge, having launched SEVERAL initiatives that were taken COUNTY WIDE (like Touch Base, for instance) and has impressed THIS highly educated parent.

Posted July 27, 2013
I'm not so certain about Freedom. While I have a middle school student I am looking at the different high school in the area. For now, I am going to say we will not be attending Freedom. I have heard from many PWCS staff that the class of 2013 only graduated 200 students out of 400-500 students in the class. Whether it be 400 or 500 that is a huge number and brings many questions to mind. I do not recommend this school.

Posted February 02, 2013
I have been going to Freedom High School for 2 years now. I came to this school for two reasons:one was a education and two the baseball team. I have herd too many people say that freedom sucks at this and freedom sucks at that and i came to make a difference in the schools baseball and not just that but also the atmosphere. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE THAT SAY THERE ARE FIGHTS EVERYDAY!!!. They are wrong i have been there for many days during school and after and i think that i have only seen one fight in my two years i have been going. I mean come on, like there is not a school in America that does not have fights. We are just normal students trying to make a difference because we are tired of the hate and the jokes about are school saying we suck and we are not intelligent. We actually have better SAT and SOL scores then Potomac and Wood bridge High Schools. From one experience too another i hope this helped you think twice about OUR SCHOOL.(FREEDOM PRIDE). p.s join the baseball team thanks!

Posted October 16, 2012
I've had several children attend this school so far because of zoning, and every one of them has complained about the lack of attention that teachers, guidance, and administrators give. The sports program is an absolute joke. The coaches claim they have backgrounds in the sport, yet, when I attended reward ceremonies, some of the "coaches" admitted that they did not know a thing about the sport in which they were supposed to coach. The football and baseball coaches are obviously oblivious as to how to teach and train athletes. Unless you ve had some experience in football or baseball elsewhere, don t expect your child to learn anything from these guys. The academics is another fiasco. Students are pigeon-holed into programs and classes without any flexibility. It's virtually impossible to get any satisfaction during any parent-teacher conference because the teachers all come with an attitude that they know better than the parent how the child behaves. This is the worst public school in the area, and I would not be surprised if it was not the worst in the entire country. I will not send any more children to this school.

Posted December 30, 2011
At the beginning of the school year, my son was very excited to be attending this school. However, there have been many frightening instances of drug use, gang-related bullying, and daily fights that continue to the point where my son is afraid to go to school despite being straight A. We are looking for a safer place for our child. This place is NOT it.

Posted December 11, 2009

Posted November 01, 2009

Freedom High School
15201 Neabsco Mills Rd., Woodbridge, VA  22191
Last modified Freedom High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Freedom High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.