No rating

Morning Star Child Development Center

Private | PK-4 | 75 students

Living in Woodbridge

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $238,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,540.

Posted Thursday, August 28, 2014

No need wasting time on review sights to get a good solid look at the school. School really needs help.

Posted Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Over the last several months I've witness a wonderful change come into the school. The teachers have been given opportunities to grow in their field and upgrades have been made throughout the summer. The new director has constantly been working to make the center a better place not only for the children but the parents as well. The main focus of the center was always stated to be Christian, however now it truly embodies that statement with the new curriculum and vision for the school.

Posted August 21, 2014

Excited, excellent and wonderful changes are taking place. The new management is taking the reins and really developing this private school into a first class institution. We are looking forward to our children attending this year and making great strides in their education. They are using brand new curriculum where all staff are receiving training and they are upgrading their IT in school. After talking to management about the changes I have learned that they are going to have an awesome computer lab and they will have computers in the classrooms to integrate into their curriculum. Oh did I mention that a library is the works. My three children are enjoying the changes and love the staff. They look forward to going every morning and have expressed excitement as the staff has taken a greater interest and are more visible around the school. We are looking forward to this year and would encourage you to check out this school as you look into private schools.

Posted August 8, 2014

After 8 years at Morning Star CDC, it is a shame that we have had to sever our relationship with them, due to a change in management which led to a breakdown in communication and \ trust. The new management has created a very uncomfortable atmosphere. When they took over, they fired several of the key staff, broke down communications with the parents, cut summer camp activities and used fees for unintended purposes, let the center become dirty and unsafe for children, and alienated parents without a care. The Senior staff at Morning Star that are still there are phenomenal and I trust them without reserve with my 4 children. However the management has made it impossible for us to stay. I brought my concerns to them and there was never any attempt to reach out to us personally and alleviate our concerns. Today was our last day at the center, and the management did not even say goodbye. I would think they would have attempted to right some of the issues, but they couldn t even bother to talk to us about any of our concerns or even our leaving. I would NOT recommend Morning Star, as you will not get the communication, honesty, integrity, and sense of family from before.

Posted April 30, 2014

Excited about the new staff and direction Morning Star is going. With the new leadership comes a fresh perspective on programs, the future, and professional attitude of the staff.

Posted January 22, 2014

This school needs great improvement.EVERYDAY when I pick up my son, there are high school students "babysitting" the kids during the aftercare hours and they are constantly on their phones texting or doing something and this is extremely unacceptable. There is no way you can watch that many children at a time, small children, when your sitting in the corner, in a rocking chair, with your face in your phone. I came in one day and asked the lady about sign language because there was a sign on the wall with hand signs and she says "no we don't teach that. Kids should talk at this age and know how to communicate instead of pointing or ask for things in sign language". They don't embrace any foreign languages or do they care to WHAT!!! Who says that. Good thing my child wasn't deaf or else she would have heard it. It made me ashamed that she even said that. Also, although their tuition is kind of low for the area, I don't see much investment back into the facility or classrooms. Also when my child is sick, I expect someone to care enough to wipe his nose. Why am I picking up my child and snot is crusted all on his face? The staff is extremely lazy and the entire center needs a facelift.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

14001 Smoketown Road