Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Being a Military family, the biggest worry is finding the right schools. My oldest son started in ninth grade and will get to graduate here. I have been VERY pleased and wish my other 3 kids could also graduate here. I am so greatly thankful I got to experience the opportunity to share this review. Every school is not gonna be perfect, but if you know you can send your kids to school without worrying they are gonna be harmed in any way then you are quiet blessed! They offer many opportunities for your kids future as well. Your child has to want it!

This is the 3rd high school my senior has attended and the 2nd for my sophomore. We are very happy with the education my kids are receiving and the extra curricular activities the school has to offer. The teachers go out their way to make sure that my kids get what they need from their lessons. The teachers encourage my students to work harder then they ever have before.

I understand that allowing only seniors to drive and park at GHS is a problem. My adult children graduated from GHS in 2001 and 2005. I didn't like the fact that kids who were not seniors but were involved in the program that allowed them to work half and day and attend school half a day. I am hoping they have not allowed these students to continue taking up parking places. There were exceptions to the rules when my kids attended which I thought was wrong. With that being said, I do understand that they only have a limited number of parking spaces. I did find it quite upsetting when our son went to Virginia Tech and we didn't have to pay $ 100.00 for a parking place. It was only about $ 25.00. I think $ 100.00 is way too much unless they have fixed that parking lot some.

Being a new Grafton family we are often impressed with the positive attitudes and quick problem solving of the staff. The students have been welcoming also. My only issue is that only Seniors are permitted to park at school. There are exceptions but the rule is only Seniors. Having a student to has after school activities (that are often not finished when planned) who also has full access to a car can cause scheduling issues for our family.

I have had 2 children in this school and have been happy with the school. I think communication could be a l little better, especially from the Guidance dept. I do think the parents need to hold their children more accountable then the teachers and not expect them to be spoon fed which seems to be more the way in the US then Europe sadly..

It is no longer the excellent school it was in the past. Non communicative teachers, flippant attitudes, political through and through. The morale is horrible with the staff, they pick and choose who they are "nice" to and treat most students like numbers, unless you are amongst the "chosen" few. YC teachers are so angry about not getting raises that it shines through, nobody cares anymore. The few that do are amazing to remain and hang on in such a poor environment. Many seem like they are just "doing time" there. So sad, it used to be a great place. :( They seem to focus on how things "look" instead of making things happen and improving. Not holding staff accountable for being lazy and not doing their job well is a major problem. The Students are "allowed" to treat others unkindly, the students that are kind are overlooked unless they are "politically special" and in the "know". There is so much wasted education time with teachers who do not care. The teachers that do care are struggling. I will say the guidance counselors are amazing! Friendly and helpful. Awesome music program! Good sports teams,some really awful coaches, chosen politically, not for their ability

I wish I would have known how bad the environment was before sending my children there.

My son graduated from Grafton last year. It is not a school that I recommend to anyone the does not have an over achiever unless you can buy their way to success here. It is very cliquish. Your children will have a difficult time at this school unless they excel at sports, or scholastically. This is a school that is concerned with prestige. If you cannot add to that, you are a hinderance in their eyes. Choose this school based on what your child can add or go elsewhere.

After attending Grafton for all four years, I would have to say overall that my experience was negative. The school places too much emphasis on athletics, and students involved in the arts or other types of activities rarely receive recognition. Being in the band and having several excellent teachers throughout the years was the only parts of Grafton I have fond memories of. Most of these teachers have moved away now. Over time, the staff has become more apathetic and less caring.

I'm a freshman at Grafton and I have to agree there are alot of stuck up people but if you get involved in activities that you like, you will find true friends here. Majority of the stuck up people are the "popular" groups but they don't amount to much of the school. the rest of the school is very nice. But you have to be tough to make it through this school.

Last modified Grafton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.