Bad
Good

My son was in the autism class and he loved it there. They were very good with keeping me informed and very friendly and careing.

Mt. Vernon Elementary school is phenomenal. From the administration, (front office ladies are wonderful as is the principal), to the teachers, and the very involved PTA. I LOVE this school. Everyone goes out of their way to help you, help your child. We also have an IEP for one of our preschoolers who has speech issues and his speech therapist at Mt. Vernon is wonderful. We also attended Tabb elementary (which was great) and a private Catholic school in Newport News (which was good and bad), but this school was by far the best experience we have had. A lot of my friends have kids at Coventry, and many have had issues with the current principal and have even withdrawn their kids from there in favor of homeschool. Mt. Vernon is the best public elementary school on the Peninsula hands down.

Mt. Vernon is a great school! Prior to attending Mt. Vernon my grandson went to a private christian school. I could not ask for more if I was paying for it. My grandson has excelled in academics. I'm proud of him and glad that I decided to send him to the neighborhood school. The principal(s) and his teachers have been great and they have really given us 100% of their time and caring. Thanks, Mt. Vernon Grandparent 2nd grade

I am very pleased with mves, the teachers and office staff are wonderful!!! this is my childs 3rd year attending the school, we love it! thanks for all that you do.

Last modified Mount Vernon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.