Bad
Good

Posted July 14, 2013
Mt. Vernon Elementary school is phenomenal. From the administration, (front office ladies are wonderful as is the principal), to the teachers, and the very involved PTA. I LOVE this school. Everyone goes out of their way to help you, help your child. We also have an IEP for one of our preschoolers who has speech issues and his speech therapist at Mt. Vernon is wonderful. We also attended Tabb elementary (which was great) and a private Catholic school in Newport News (which was good and bad), but this school was by far the best experience we have had. A lot of my friends have kids at Coventry, and many have had issues with the current principal and have even withdrawn their kids from there in favor of homeschool. Mt. Vernon is the best public elementary school on the Peninsula hands down.

Mount Vernon Elementary School

Posted June 03, 2009
Mt. Vernon is a great school! Prior to attending Mt. Vernon my grandson went to a private christian school. I could not ask for more if I was paying for it. My grandson has excelled in academics. I'm proud of him and glad that I decided to send him to the neighborhood school. The principal(s) and his teachers have been great and they have really given us 100% of their time and caring. Thanks, Mt. Vernon Grandparent 2nd grade

Posted March 04, 2009
I am very pleased with mves, the teachers and office staff are wonderful!!! this is my childs 3rd year attending the school, we love it! thanks for all that you do.

Posted December 15, 2005
This is a great school! the principal takes care in the individual learning of her 'kids'. The teachers we have had have been great! (k,1,2,3,4 &5) the key here is the parent involvement. The neighborhoods the kids come from are pretty well off and the kids are very involved in many activities. There is no difference made for the kids who have less. The music and art programs are terrific-both teachers being dedicated. The office staff are helpful and kind, and the guidance councillor above excellent. I have been ver impressed with the teachers. We are a military family and will be truly sad to leave this school. It is one of the best we have attended across the country!there are no bullying problems here-none are tolerated. The emphasis is on working to your highest potential. If you are a parent who wants to get involved...You are very welcome!

Mount Vernon Elementary School
310 Mt Vernon Dr, Yorktown, VA  23693
Last modified Mount Vernon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.