Tabb High School 4

Posted August 27, 2013
I'm a student at Tabb right now, this is my second year at the school and overall I like the school. It's small coming from someone who's used to the city (Baltimore), but socially, I think that the school is okay. It's more the students that dictate it. You just have to find the right group for you, and not fall into groups that aren't particularly the best like I did. School is mainly about learning though and when it comes to that, I like the school. There are some teachers though, that from my experience, honestly don't care about the average student.

Posted September 07, 2011
My steadfast opinion of the school is as follows: They are more concerned with SOL results than student success. They are more concerned with regulation conformity than finding a better process. The average parent has no real voice, only the fundraisers and PTA supporters. Their counselors do not hold themselves accountable for their mistakes and are unwilling to compromise for the best interest of the student. They are too quick to point out and fall back on credentials and status when confronted with issues.

Tabb High School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
Tabb High is a great academic school with great athletics.

Posted March 26, 2010
I attended Tabb as well as 4 other High Schools and Tabb was defitnately the best as far as teachers, learning, clubs, sports, and discapline. We did not have a huge truency problem nor a problem with drugs etc. The teachers seemed to genuinly care as long as the student showed potential or like he/she cared and wanted to be there. There were lots of cliques but it was not a Super big problem and I had friends in many cliques. I am glad to hear that this school is still doing great and I would definately send my children or recommend other family and friends to this school!

Tabb High School 0

Posted December 20, 2009
as a student at tabb high school, I can say that a majority if these reviews are extremely innacurate. There is not one student at Tabb that is not involved with there own group of friends, and as a primarily military family school al of the students are very welcoming. As one of the reviews said about 'backstabbing' what high school doesent have some form of drama or disagreements. As a student that has been to 4 different high schools in 3 years I will say with all honesty that tabb is an extremely great enviroment socially and academically for any student, social or anti social, advanced or in normal classses. I am in all normal classes and in no way do the regular classes not push academics well enough. So I reccomend before posting a review about a school you do youre research first. Thank you

Posted September 06, 2009
for academics tabb is fine. but when it comes to your students happiness i do not recomend this school. there are alot of cliques, and backstabbing is a normal thing. Unless your child is ready for people to constantly talk crap about them, then do not go to tabb.

Posted September 04, 2009

Posted September 02, 2009

Posted August 04, 2009
Just left Tabb due to a transfer to Colorado. When the new counselor reviewed his transcripts she was amazed at the academic rigor of Tabb High. My child only has to complete 1 english class and 1 civic class to graduate. The requirements in VA and at Tabb far exceed those in Colorado. Good news when leaving Virginia, but bad news when transferring into the state.

Tabb High School 3

Posted July 22, 2009
I used to go to Tabb and my first impression was WOW this school is pretty small. Socially, the school isn't great because of the social circles. Your either allowed into one or not. There isn't a circle for every person unfortunately. Academically the school is pretty great. There are some pretty outstanding teachers there like the AP US History teacher, Ms. Terndrup. But there are some exceptions. Some of the teachers, I am not going to name any one, are just a waste of space and need to retire because their teaching skills are lacking.

Tabb High School
4431 Big Bethel Rd, Yorktown, VA  23693
Last modified Tabb High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tabb High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.