Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted March 14, 2016
I have three children who have attended Tabb Middle School, the last one is in sixth grade right now. The other two are at Tabb High School. This school has done a terrific job giving my kids the tool set to be successful in high school. The teachers are caring, supportive and the curriculum is rigorous. I ask my kids all the time... Do you feel safe? Do you see or hear any bullying? They tell me that they always feel safe and they have not witnessed any bullying. As you walk through the halls of that school you'll notice that there are posters everywhere about anti-bullying and sensitivity and the kids have programs and such to try to educate the school population. Unfortunately there are stupid parents who teach or promote stupid things to their kids. I think this bullying incident is an isolated case. I would hope that the school is doing everything in their power to handle this situation and deal with the kids who are bullying. Too bad there isn't a way to punish the parents of these bullies!

Tabb Middle School 1

Posted November 14, 2015
Wow.... I actually just read an about a 13 year old that has experienced racism while attending this school and all of the comments led me to this website. I'd never allow my kids to attend here and be subjected to the 'mean girls' as mentioned in the comments below or racism. I've heard that the academics here are absolutely fantastic!! But...at the cost of what? It's not worth it. Let's also not forget to mention the school's 'soft responses', or the authority figures at this school, including the school board do absolutely nothing to make the situation better, except 'look into it'. I would agree with anybody that says at most schools in this country, you're going to have a few bad apples in the bunch. But to have an entire article written about this school...AND to have a number of comments talk about the 'mean girl' behavior that goes on at this school. Let me tell you...I wish I was a parent of a child that attended this school.... I'd turn the school upside down, if my child experienced that sort of behavior and no one at the school actually cared enough about it to DO something about it. Every single media outlet in the country WOULD KNOW. Thankfully, the 13 year old has written a letter so that there are some news outlets that know. I would highly encourage parents that are considering allowing your kids to attend this school to rethink your decision. Behaviors such as those, have the potential to affect your child psychologically. And to the parents of children that do attend this school and are experiencing this horrible behavior? I would definitely encourage all of you to get together and rally! There's no greater advocate for your child than YOU... Signed AC from NC

Tabb Middle School 4

Posted May 14, 2014
I agree with some of the mean girl problem at this school but also agree the teachers are fantastic. Academics was why we chose this school, it is not as diverse as some of the other schools in York County which contributes to the attitude of some of the students. The principal is a good leader and seems to listen to parents. It is small enough that you're not overwhelmed with the issues of a huge school. We made the right choice sending our child here

Tabb Middle School 2

Posted October 30, 2013
Academics and test scores great BUT some serious mean girl mentality. Parents assume the school is academically strong in a nice neighborhood and become uninvolved in their kids life. My daughter attended this school for 7th and 8th grade. As a military child and being quiet and more reserved by nature it started off slowly making friends. It came together quickly and the academics are great BUT lots of bullying, the worst kind..the sneaky convincing girls who manipulate others to gang up on kids. I've seen it with my child and with many others...really sad and the administrators are a bit soft on this issue. If I had it to do over she wouldn't attend this school, I would have looked more into the social issues at the school before sending her somewhere. Academics are important but so are the kinds of people your child has to deal with.

Posted July 16, 2012
We could not have asked for more from a school. The staff and teachers were wonderful. They were responsive, clearly interested in the well-being and development of the children, and willing and able to go beyond just the basic level of instruction. There is a wide array of activities for the students to participate in, and no shortage of teachers willing to lend a hand in everything from school work to sports to extracurricular activities. As a military family, we had to move...but are extremely thankful for the opportunity to have our daughter attend Tabb MS.

Posted March 14, 2011
I love this school. My child went here for 2 1/2 years til we had to move. I miss it so much. When we first arrived in the area they were so helpful with everything and went over everything we would need to know. Even after we moved out of the area they went out of their way to help. The teacher were great. The edline is a great tool for the parents. Very happy with this school and wish we could move back.

Posted February 22, 2011
Great small town atmosphere school with premiere academics and activities. I love the size of the school which is not too big so kids and staff don't get overwhelmed. The second of my three children is currently attending. He really loves it as did my oldest. The staff and teachers are quick to respond if you need to speak to them and are of the highest caliber. Awesome school!

Posted October 28, 2009
My son is in 6th grade. He adapted to middle school extremely well and loves his teachers and the after school clubs that are offered to students. Academics are a high priority. The teachers are very caring and make learning exciting and fun. TMS is a beautiful school set in a safe neighborhood with lots of parent involvement.

Tabb Middle School 4

Posted September 01, 2009
My daughter attended this school and absolutely LOVED the school as well as her teachers. Quality of the teachers is very high and they really seem to care about the kids. We had to leave York Co. and moved to Fairfax Co., widely considered to be a 'better' district. After a year away, I really don't think it is better, however, my daughter now sees that there was a little too much 'spoonfeeding' at Tabb and not enough 'discovery' style teaching where the kids have to come up with ideas and synthesize the information. She still misses it though!

Posted May 22, 2009
Great school. The kids are known for their petitions! Mrs. Rhew is a fair principal, but Mr. Layne was more interactive with the students.

Tabb Middle School
300 Yorktown Rd, Yorktown, VA  23693
Last modified Tabb Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.