Tabb Middle School 2

Posted October 30, 2013
Academics and test scores great BUT some serious mean girl mentality. Parents assume the school is academically strong in a nice neighborhood and become uninvolved in their kids life. My daughter attended this school for 7th and 8th grade. As a military child and being quiet and more reserved by nature it started off slowly making friends. It came together quickly and the academics are great BUT lots of bullying, the worst kind..the sneaky convincing girls who manipulate others to gang up on kids. I've seen it with my child and with many others...really sad and the administrators are a bit soft on this issue. If I had it to do over she wouldn't attend this school, I would have looked more into the social issues at the school before sending her somewhere. Academics are important but so are the kinds of people your child has to deal with.

Posted July 16, 2012
We could not have asked for more from a school. The staff and teachers were wonderful. They were responsive, clearly interested in the well-being and development of the children, and willing and able to go beyond just the basic level of instruction. There is a wide array of activities for the students to participate in, and no shortage of teachers willing to lend a hand in everything from school work to sports to extracurricular activities. As a military family, we had to move...but are extremely thankful for the opportunity to have our daughter attend Tabb MS.

Posted March 14, 2011
I love this school. My child went here for 2 1/2 years til we had to move. I miss it so much. When we first arrived in the area they were so helpful with everything and went over everything we would need to know. Even after we moved out of the area they went out of their way to help. The teacher were great. The edline is a great tool for the parents. Very happy with this school and wish we could move back.

Posted February 22, 2011
Great small town atmosphere school with premiere academics and activities. I love the size of the school which is not too big so kids and staff don't get overwhelmed. The second of my three children is currently attending. He really loves it as did my oldest. The staff and teachers are quick to respond if you need to speak to them and are of the highest caliber. Awesome school!

Posted November 23, 2009

Posted October 28, 2009
My son is in 6th grade. He adapted to middle school extremely well and loves his teachers and the after school clubs that are offered to students. Academics are a high priority. The teachers are very caring and make learning exciting and fun. TMS is a beautiful school set in a safe neighborhood with lots of parent involvement.

Posted October 11, 2009

Tabb Middle School 4

Posted September 01, 2009
My daughter attended this school and absolutely LOVED the school as well as her teachers. Quality of the teachers is very high and they really seem to care about the kids. We had to leave York Co. and moved to Fairfax Co., widely considered to be a 'better' district. After a year away, I really don't think it is better, however, my daughter now sees that there was a little too much 'spoonfeeding' at Tabb and not enough 'discovery' style teaching where the kids have to come up with ideas and synthesize the information. She still misses it though!

Posted May 22, 2009
Great school. The kids are known for their petitions! Mrs. Rhew is a fair principal, but Mr. Layne was more interactive with the students.

Tabb Middle School 0

Posted January 16, 2009
Phenomenal school. 2 of my 3 children have attended and I have been very impressed. Academically challenging with an atmosphere of respect at all levels.

Tabb Middle School
300 Yorktown Rd, Yorktown, VA  23693
Last modified Tabb Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tabb Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top