Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My daughter attended kindergarten at this school. I wish we could've kept her there forever! the staff are friendly and the school is a fun, safe, place for the kids. We loved this school.

YES has had an extreme amount of growth especially compared to the surrounding elementary schools in the district. There have been some issues directly related to the rapid growth. Despite that, parents have been vocal in advocating for the school to the School Board and the Board of Supervisors. The parents are not letting our school suffer without a fight. While I have been disappointed this particular year with my students' teachers, I have gotten involved to alleviate the pressures and attempt to be a part of the solution. There is an extremely high concentration of military kids here and the school does a wonderful job of supporting them. The PTA is extremely involved and active. It will only remain so if new parents continue to be involved and get in the school.

I say average because I don't want to say it is totally bad. We are new to VA, and so far, this school does not excite my son. It doesn't feel like a grade school. Nothing done to excite the students with their education. No real recognition for doing well, there aren't any award assemblies for the kids that do well. So there's very little thrive in these kids. Every time I go to pick up my child the office is always full with kids that get into trouble. It's because they're bored. The only way for them to get any recognition is by doing wrong things. I don't like this school for my kid. I'm looking forward to the end of the school year. I will place him in a different (better) school next year. ;)

This use to be a great school but, has been going down hill. Lots of new construction in this area has made this school overcrowded. I would avoid this school at all cost!

This is a wonderful school. The staff truly cares. Safety is important to them and the children are kept safe by practicing drills of all kinds.

YES has provided a wonderful experience for my son and our family! He has had a fantastic K and 1st grade teacher and I have heard nothing but wonderful things about the 2nd grade team as well. The principal and the YES staff are very welcoming and handle any problems quickly. The PTA is great and holds many great activities through out the year.

Yorktown Elementary School has been a great place for 2 of my children. The teachers are dedicated and work hard to make every child feel included and successful. There has been a lot of changes in administration over the past 5 years - I would prefer more stability! YES has a diverse student population including the addition of many military families recently. Overall, I think YES is a wonderful school that has its eye on the prize - happy, healthy, successful children! The PTA is very active and inclusive. Parent volunteers make YES an even better place.

Dedicated teachers who truly care about their profession and their students. The community is warm and welcoming.

I am so impressed with Y.E.S! My son has made so many leaps and bounds with Mrs. Stuhl and Ms. Terry as his teachers! I wish he could have them every year! The schools speech program is amazing! I honestly couldn't have asked for a better preschool program!

Y.E.S is a good school. Fairly diverse. Ms. Nicholson (2nd Grade) is simply the best. Very caring. Ms. Concannon and Ms. Siefriet (K) are also a good team. I am going to miss Y.E.S.!

Last modified Yorktown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.