7-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Our son received an excellent education and was challenged in every way, spiritually, educationally, and physically. He had a great soccer experience, tried tennis, learned Spanish, adapted well to school from a homeschool environment, and was taught to write, think, articulate, and enjoy his education.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

There are teachers many students love at SCA and they have a passion for the subject they teach, and they love kids - I think they do a very effective job of teaching and give the students many different approaches and a great variety in their education. Teachers are highly qualified and have taught my son to love learning.

Amount of homework: Agree

Ninth grade homework seemed heavy due to the adjustment from homeschool to SCA, but as my son adjusted to the level required and as he learned to budget his time, his homework management became much better, and it didn't seem like there was too much expected, as a general rule. Teachers were fair about sharing assignments very early so students can plan ahead.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There is encouragement for accountability in the Ministry Teams that meet every day after lunch, where peers, older student mentors and teachers remind students of their calling, their Biblical basis for all of life, and for high standards in their education.

Our girls loved their time at Summit Christian Academy. The classical curriculum is a great education. Unlike many Christian schools, SCA's Christian commitment influences the entire curriculum. The students learn logic and Latin and many other great things. I'll never forget when my first grader was given an advent calendar by our neighbor. The neighbor asked, "Do you know what advent is?" My daughter responded, "Oh, yes. It comes from the Latin word adventis. It means 'coming' or 'to come'." I think my neighbor almost feinted from shock!

This is our 8th year to send our children to Summit. It's not just a school, it's like a family. Summit has been a ministry to myself and my husband, not just our children. The education at Summit is PHENOMENAL, but I now realize that what college or career my child lands in is not the most important aspiration. Mostly, I want my child to find JOY in serving God and serving others, in every aspect of her life. I also want her to think critically, work hard (as if working for the Lord), and to search out truth. The staff and teachers at Summit are an amazing example of these qualities. My children not only feel loved by their teachers and principal, but they also learn to love like that. Now that is invaluable!

We will always be grateful for the time our children had at Summit Christian Academy. They received an exceptionally thorough, Christ-centered, Biblical Worldview education that strengthened their faith, taught them how to think critically and to have servant's hearts. The staff are totally devoted to growing their student's knowledge AND faith. They are wonderful examples of Christian leadership who love teaching, and they've loved my girls. My oldest has graduated college and she believes that the foundation she got at Summit played a huge role in her ability to succeed. My youngest is currently a dual enrolled senior and an honor student. She is a strong, independent learner because of the time she spent in Summit's NILD Educational Therapy program. She credits Summit for teaching her how to turn her learning differences into strengths. We couldn't be happier that we chose Summit to educate our children. If critical thinking, responsibility, strong character and faith are important to you, then you should visit Summit. You won't be disappointed!

We were looking for a school for our son to start Kindergarten and found Summit through a friend. When we visited the school for the first time, the principal met with us, gave us a tour and showed us that our kids would be diagramming sentences in the first grade! Wow, we didn't get that until HS! The teachers and staff are marvelous, caring and are wonderful biblical examples! They love on the kids, pray for them daily, extend grace and teach with passion. Both of our children have thrived in that environment. That son is now a Senior and we have been wonderfully blessed to have found Summit!

All three of my children attended Summit. They all received a loving, caring , Godly education as well as a solid challenging academic curriculum . The support our family received from teachers, parents, and students of SCA changed our family. My youngest graduates from Yale next year due in part to the wonderful environment for learning and loving God at Summit.

Before I had children I was impressed with the education my niece and nephew were receiving at Summit. I knew had school aged children considering SCA was a MUST. Kids came and off to SCA they went. I love that my daughter is not being told what to think or just getting little nuggets that have to be taught to pass a test. She is getting the whole subject. She's being taught HOW to learn and think,support her beliefs and ideas, and articulate them. SCA is Christ centered and it shows in their curriculum. A service mentality is fostered with the children and it starts from the beginning. Older students help younger students with various activities, etc. Good manners are a must. Boys open doors for girls, kids stand and greet a guest when they enter the room, etc. Overall, this is a great school. I recommend you come and take a look, meet the staff and learn more about the classical Christian education model.

Last modified Summit Christian Academy - Upper School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12