Yorktown, VA
After care: No

Posted March 09, 2015
Our girls loved their time at Summit Christian Academy. The classical curriculum is a great education. Unlike many Christian schools, SCA's Christian commitment influences the entire curriculum. The students learn logic and Latin and many other great things. I'll never forget when my first grader was given an advent calendar by our neighbor. The neighbor asked, "Do you know what advent is?" My daughter responded, "Oh, yes. It comes from the Latin word adventis. It means 'coming' or 'to come'." I think my neighbor almost feinted from shock!

Posted March 09, 2015
This is our 8th year to send our children to Summit. It's not just a school, it's like a family. Summit has been a ministry to myself and my husband, not just our children. The education at Summit is PHENOMENAL, but I now realize that what college or career my child lands in is not the most important aspiration. Mostly, I want my child to find JOY in serving God and serving others, in every aspect of her life. I also want her to think critically, work hard (as if working for the Lord), and to search out truth. The staff and teachers at Summit are an amazing example of these qualities. My children not only feel loved by their teachers and principal, but they also learn to love like that. Now that is invaluable!

Posted March 07, 2015
We will always be grateful for the time our children had at Summit Christian Academy. They received an exceptionally thorough, Christ-centered, Biblical Worldview education that strengthened their faith, taught them how to think critically and to have servant's hearts. The staff are totally devoted to growing their student's knowledge AND faith. They are wonderful examples of Christian leadership who love teaching, and they've loved my girls. My oldest has graduated college and she believes that the foundation she got at Summit played a huge role in her ability to succeed. My youngest is currently a dual enrolled senior and an honor student. She is a strong, independent learner because of the time she spent in Summit's NILD Educational Therapy program. She credits Summit for teaching her how to turn her learning differences into strengths. We couldn't be happier that we chose Summit to educate our children. If critical thinking, responsibility, strong character and faith are important to you, then you should visit Summit. You won't be disappointed!

Posted March 06, 2015
We were looking for a school for our son to start Kindergarten and found Summit through a friend. When we visited the school for the first time, the principal met with us, gave us a tour and showed us that our kids would be diagramming sentences in the first grade! Wow, we didn't get that until HS! The teachers and staff are marvelous, caring and are wonderful biblical examples! They love on the kids, pray for them daily, extend grace and teach with passion. Both of our children have thrived in that environment. That son is now a Senior and we have been wonderfully blessed to have found Summit!

Posted March 06, 2015
All three of my children attended Summit. They all received a loving, caring , Godly education as well as a solid challenging academic curriculum . The support our family received from teachers, parents, and students of SCA changed our family. My youngest graduates from Yale next year due in part to the wonderful environment for learning and loving God at Summit.

Posted January 07, 2015
Before I had children I was impressed with the education my niece and nephew were receiving at Summit. I knew had school aged children considering SCA was a MUST. Kids came and off to SCA they went. I love that my daughter is not being told what to think or just getting little nuggets that have to be taught to pass a test. She is getting the whole subject. She's being taught HOW to learn and think,support her beliefs and ideas, and articulate them. SCA is Christ centered and it shows in their curriculum. A service mentality is fostered with the children and it starts from the beginning. Older students help younger students with various activities, etc. Good manners are a must. Boys open doors for girls, kids stand and greet a guest when they enter the room, etc. Overall, this is a great school. I recommend you come and take a look, meet the staff and learn more about the classical Christian education model.

Posted September 10, 2014
Summit Christian Academy is a classical Christian school that trains students on how to learn rather than solely what to learn. Beginning in the grammar school years (K-6) students are given numerous opportunities to build their written and oral communication skills, serve others, and develop leadership qualities. At the Upper School (7-12th) they establish and develop their analytical thinking skills, ability to defend a position, and hone persuasive articulation and active listening aptitudes. Graduates of Summit are confident students prepared for challenges and opportunities wherever God leads them.

Posted September 09, 2014
We just started our 1st grader at Summit and love it. The school truly strives to teach for comprehension, not just simple memorization. They teach the 'classical' way without cutting corners as so many schools do these days. We've already been impressed with the small class sizes and teachers whose caring attitudes clearly show through. You can't pay enough money for a quality teacher, and we are very happy with ours. Summit is also a Christian school and this shines through. From teachers praying daily for the students to our 1st grader memorizing scripture, we know we're at the right school!
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 20, 2013
This was my first year at SCA. I came from a public school, so everything was different, but a good different. There is so much less pressure, and everyone is friends with everyone. There's no reason to worry if you're sending your child there from a public school. It's great. It might be small but the things that I've learned are just amazing. The teachers are great, and so are the kids. I highly recommend Summit to you.

Posted September 27, 2012
Summit is a wonderful school. All 3 of my sons graduated from Summit, each one trained to think critically and express themselves well. The senior year culminates in a 2 week trip to Europe and a senior thesis presentation before faculty, parents, and peers. I am thankful for the education they received from this classical environment.
2 people found this helpful

Summit Christian Academy - Upper School
4209 Big Bethel Rd, Yorktown, VA  23693
Last modified Summit Christian Academy - Upper School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Summit Christian Academy - Upper School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top