Yorktown, VA
After care: No

Posted March 06, 2015
We were looking for a school for our son to start Kindergarten and found Summit through a friend. When we visited the school for the first time, the principal met with us, gave us a tour and showed us that our kids would be diagramming sentences in the first grade! Wow, we didn't get that until HS! The teachers and staff are marvelous, caring and are wonderful biblical examples! They love on the kids, pray for them daily, extend grace and teach with passion. Both of our children have thrived in that environment. That son is now a Senior and we have been wonderfully blessed to have found Summit!

Posted March 06, 2015
All three of my children attended Summit. They all received a loving, caring , Godly education as well as a solid challenging academic curriculum . The support our family received from teachers, parents, and students of SCA changed our family. My youngest graduates from Yale next year due in part to the wonderful environment for learning and loving God at Summit.

Posted January 07, 2015
Before I had children I was impressed with the education my niece and nephew were receiving at Summit. I knew had school aged children considering SCA was a MUST. Kids came and off to SCA they went. I love that my daughter is not being told what to think or just getting little nuggets that have to be taught to pass a test. She is getting the whole subject. She's being taught HOW to learn and think,support her beliefs and ideas, and articulate them. SCA is Christ centered and it shows in their curriculum. A service mentality is fostered with the children and it starts from the beginning. Older students help younger students with various activities, etc. Good manners are a must. Boys open doors for girls, kids stand and greet a guest when they enter the room, etc. Overall, this is a great school. I recommend you come and take a look, meet the staff and learn more about the classical Christian education model.

Posted September 10, 2014
Summit Christian Academy is a classical Christian school that trains students on how to learn rather than solely what to learn. Beginning in the grammar school years (K-6) students are given numerous opportunities to build their written and oral communication skills, serve others, and develop leadership qualities. At the Upper School (7-12th) they establish and develop their analytical thinking skills, ability to defend a position, and hone persuasive articulation and active listening aptitudes. Graduates of Summit are confident students prepared for challenges and opportunities wherever God leads them.

Posted September 09, 2014
We just started our 1st grader at Summit and love it. The school truly strives to teach for comprehension, not just simple memorization. They teach the 'classical' way without cutting corners as so many schools do these days. We've already been impressed with the small class sizes and teachers whose caring attitudes clearly show through. You can't pay enough money for a quality teacher, and we are very happy with ours. Summit is also a Christian school and this shines through. From teachers praying daily for the students to our 1st grader memorizing scripture, we know we're at the right school!

Posted August 20, 2013
This was my first year at SCA. I came from a public school, so everything was different, but a good different. There is so much less pressure, and everyone is friends with everyone. There's no reason to worry if you're sending your child there from a public school. It's great. It might be small but the things that I've learned are just amazing. The teachers are great, and so are the kids. I highly recommend Summit to you.

Posted September 27, 2012
Summit is a wonderful school. All 3 of my sons graduated from Summit, each one trained to think critically and express themselves well. The senior year culminates in a 2 week trip to Europe and a senior thesis presentation before faculty, parents, and peers. I am thankful for the education they received from this classical environment.

Summit Christian Academy - Upper School 4

Posted September 17, 2012
Summit has had quite the impact on my communication skills. In fact, I believe it has had the greatest impact on shaping my communication style. I attended Summit from Kindergarden through high school. They place an emphasis on three critical areas that have an impact on one's communication ability: Grammar, Dialect, and Rhetoric. From essentially first through sixth grade an emphasis was placed on learning the facts. From seventh through ninth grade we were taught logic and debate. This was crucial in teaching me how to determine the validity of one's arguments. From tenth through twelfth grade an emphasis was placed on application of the dialectic stage. Here we were taught speech and research. My career at Summit ended senior year after the presentation of my thesis. This thesis is the pinacle of the classical education that Summit offers. I had to pick a topic, research it, create multiple logical arguments both for and against my topic and present it to a panel of judges. Summit has given me confidence to communicate clearly and has played a large role in shaping me into who I am today.

Posted September 17, 2012
As a homeschool family, we participated in Summit excellent sports program for the past 5 years. As homeschoolers our options for JV and Varsity sports are limited since we cannot participate in public school sports. The Summit community welcomed us with open arms. We were impressed with the quality of the sports program, not only in athletics, but in the Christian character development applied throughout. What makes Summit special are the people - the students, teachers, coaches, and administration. Even through challenges, I've watched them do the right thing and do what was best for the students. I would strongly recommend Summit Christian Academy to anyone looking to build strong Christian character in their children through daily actions and applications.

Posted September 17, 2012
As a recent alum of Summit Christian Academy and a true "product" of the school (I went there for 14 years), I can honestly say that Summit was the best choice my parents made for my education. The wisdom I have acquired, the skills I've gained, and the friendships I've developed have been such an integral part of my life and overall growth as a person. I didn't really appreciate the things Summit taught me until I started college. The rhetoric and critical thinking skills that are standard at Summit are just now being taught to my peers in college. Summit taught me how to think, and not just to memorize and regurgitate information. Summit is not just about education, though. The friends I developed there are the closest friends I have and will continue to be even as we go our separate ways. It truly is a Summit Family, and the bonds made there will stay even beyond the education days. The teachers are absolutely incredible. Not only because of their teaching abilities, but also for their guidance and spiritual support. The relationships I developed with my teachers are invaluable, and I will continue to stay in touch with many of them. I'm running out of room, but CHOOSE SUMMIT!

Summit Christian Academy - Upper School
4209 Big Bethel Rd, Yorktown, VA  23693
Last modified Summit Christian Academy - Upper School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Summit Christian Academy - Upper School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top