Bad
Good

Stanton is a turn-around school in Ward 8 of SE DC. Previously one of the lowest schools in the country, Stanton has made incredible gains over the last few years. In fact, the rate of growth is the 15th highest in all of DC. While many students are not yet where they need to be in terms of academics, they have shown incredible growth. Teachers, leadership, City Year, the PTO, and family members are all super committed to making Stanton the best school in all of DC. There are obvious community challenges- high rates of poverty and homelessness, for example- but everyone works really hard to get students where they need to be. The boys' basketball team and the boys' and girls' track team are both stand-outs in terms of extracurricular opportunities and were finalists in the City Championships last year. This year, the addition of a girls' basketball team and a step team will provide even more opportunities for kids to shine. After-school is provided, free of charge, through the PAL program. The school has many partnerships within the community, such as the Woodland Tigers, the Girl Scouts, CityBridge, and the Flamboyan Foundation. Watch Stanton continue to rise in the coming years!

Dc Scholars: Stanton is a school with a dedicated staff, supportive families, and amazing kids! The teachers are passionate about their students and hard work is celebrated. Students understand what it means to be in school and be ready to learn. There is some room to grow around "fun" stuff like school dances, field trips, etc. but every year, Stanton gets better and better!

Every morning before my children go into the building of their school, someone is there to greet them with a hand shake and smile and says "Good Morning". This morning some of the teacher was dressed up in costumes. I love that they have APTT at Stanton. The teachers give you the tools that they are learning in school, to help your student at home. I just love that about Stanton!!

Stanton has passionate, hardworking, qualified teachers and administrators who care about helping students learn and improving the culture of the school. Teachers and administrators are friendly and positive. We have three students at Stanton, and we had home visits from each of their teachers before the beginning of the school year. We have been pleased in our experience with the school so far. Test scores overall are not great, but they are improving. Parent involvement is low but also seems to be improving; this is the school's first year of PTO.

I'm really amazed at how far we have come in 3 years. We have a great culture where students and parents are valued just as much as the teachers. We were one of the first schools to start homevisits and its great to see how involved the parents are. Our scores doubled and tripled in just 2 years. I'm proud to be a part of this staff. We are a bunch of individuals who really love kids and it shows in all of our work that we do. #wearestanton.

I like the teaching staff. I like our teachers involve the parents. I like how the teachers teach the parents to do the school work just like the students. It helps the parents who dont remember or know how to do the school work to be on the same page as the student. I don't like that they don't have an elevator.

I'm a security guard at Stanton Elementary school. I like how the teachers interact with the kids and staff. I like how I see teachers teaching because I feel like teachers get on the same level as the students. When I walk into a classroom, I notice that the teachers are sitting with the students and doing the work with them. This is very different from when I was in school and the teacher just stood at the chalk board. I also like how the teachers do the home visits because its like the teachers care about the environment that the students come from. I love how this school goes "outside of the school" to do different things with the kids. I don't like how afterschool is ran because there is a lack of communication between staff and it causes parents to be upset. Also, I wish that there were more security officers because now that we have a new bulding some times the doors are propped for afterschool and we can't check all the doors all the time because we have to stay at our posts.

As a parent, I like the organization and the curriculum of the school. I think its great because for my son's kindergarten class they implement a lot games and snap words. I like that they want you to set goals for you child. I like that they use collge as motiviation for the students. I don't like how the school is upkept. I wish that it would be remodeled.

I love working at this school because I like the individual support that is given to students based on their academic needs. The culture of the school is family oriented and a positive environment. I love working at a place where kids love coming to school and learning. As a staff memember that deals with culture I like how the school emphasizes culture as much as academics.

I love how our teachers are very involved and passionate about the kids understanding each concept they learn in school. The culture is good. They give the kids a different outlook on life.

Last modified Stanton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.