Posted April 27, 2010
As a leader and parent I am upheld to a higher standard of conduct and discipline. These are also criteria s I expect from teacher(s) at Jefferson Middle School. By yelling, criticizing, and embarrassing my student in the company of her peers will seriously and negatively affect her self esteem and academics. For the teacher(s) at Jefferson Middle School who continues to practice and run their classroom in this way should expect very little in way of success from a student. It is very difficult to defend you in the areas of respect when you lack giving it.

Posted February 18, 2010
This is a very good school I myself attended Jefferson Middle School. When Graduated in 2008 it was hard to say goodbye to a good School. I had fun when I was there.

Posted January 20, 2010
the teacher are not lazy,they work hard to make sure we learn,they add fun. This was a staement from my chid who has attended Jefferson for the 7th and 8th grade. I as a parent choosen to display my sons opion,because of his quick response,when ask,I am busy parent,so I dont get to be apart Jefferson,but I am apart of my son,and i see the difference,dispite that I am not there in every PTA,Jefferson has made every effort to keep me in form,by email,or phone.

Jefferson 3

Posted April 14, 2009
My son attends Jefferson and enjoys the fact that it is a science and technology school. They offer robotics club, chess club, digital photography and more for their after-school programs. The school is going through transition with a new principal, but I believe the changes being made are good overall. The teachers are attentive to the students from my experience.

Posted January 20, 2009
Mym son is in the 7th grade and we love it. He really likes his teachers and the 7th grade vice principal is great. She really understands kids and seems to work well with my son's teachers. The other day my son stated that Ms. Waller walks around to each of the classes to ensure 'academic excellence'. I really like the school.

Jefferson 1

Posted December 07, 2008

Posted October 08, 2008
This school has some serious management issues. The administration is very nice but seems to have a big problem getting the school into a permanent schedule. My son has informed me that his schedule is being completely mixed around for no apparent reason 7 weeks into school. My biggest concern is that he said one of his classes is now being held in a very small room in the basement of the school. There's barely enough room to fit all the desks and some students have to sit on the floor. There's one tiny window and they can't even hear the bell or announcements. He's pretty sure it's because the current teacher cannot control the class and the administration decided that they could not have class in the auditorium. Seems to me they are playing the out of sight, out of mind game instead of addressing the problem.

Posted October 06, 2008
My son attends this is school and it is a very good school. I have no regrets sending my child to this school

Jefferson 2

Posted September 15, 2007
- a former student

Posted September 12, 2007

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Jefferson
801 7th St. SW, Washington, DC  20024
Last modified Jefferson is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.