Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at this so very effective because they make sure each student master the necessary curriculum at hand.

Amount of homework: Agree

I feel that this school gives the right amount of homework every night. I don't have a problem with my child receiving homework. I don't think its too much.

Develops character: Agree

I feel that this school develops honesty, integrity and fairness in its students because there is a theme the students must follow every week. The theme usually consists of honesty, integrity and fairness.

I went to this school and my oldest daughter and now my youngest goes to this school and she love it. My youngest been going to Garrison since she was in Headstart and now she is in the thrird grade.

My child started PK3 and is loving school. They have an excellent Early Childhood program, and he loves his teacher and aid. He also talks about his Specials teachers for art, music, Spanish, and PE. I have noticed a dramatic difference in his level of independence, and he's learned so much in this very short time. We will be staying at Garrison next year, and hopefully beyond.

I absolutely love Garrison. It was a great experience for my children! Their teachers were awesome! I just registered them for the 2014/ 2015 school year and I look forward to many more to come.

My child has gone to Garrison since she first started school in kindergarten. At first I was skeptical about the school mainly because of certain staff. I felt like they didn't have the necessary tools and experience to make Garrison number one for me but now I can honestly say what a big difference I can see with my own eyes. When they announced the school might be closing I saw the principal put a lot of effort to keep for that not to happen. I saw constantly on facebook and fliers about the closure which I think helped alot of parents to be involved. Seeing the attitude of the staff and especially the passion that you can see in the principal, I believe is what motivates the team to work hard for their students. I am happy with Garrison and I have no doubt they will be successful in the future. I look forward for my daughter's academic years at Garrison.

This is our first year hear (our child is in PK). She loves it and we love the community and the motivated principal and staff. This school is going places!!!

Garrison Elementary is an excellent neighborhood school. My daughter is 3 years old and started PreK-3 there this Fall. We benefit from engaged and interested teachers and staff and a diverse student body. My daughter is excited to go to school and I am grateful that there is this option in my neighborhood.

We live in the neighborhood and have been very impressed with the community engagement at Garrison. The strong leadership from Principal Hill, as well as the PTA, not only helped to keep Garrison open, but is transforming every aspect of the school. Our daughter is in pre-school and is loving it. The teachers are great and there is a strong community spirit. We are proud to be part of the Garrison family!

Last modified Garrison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.