Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 18, 2015
The teachers at this so very effective because they make sure each student master the necessary curriculum at hand.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 18, 2015
I feel that this school gives the right amount of homework every night. I don't have a problem with my child receiving homework. I don't think its too much.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
I feel the this school always pushes its students to persevere and always do their best in anything they may approach,

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
I feel that Garrison teaches their students to always be respectful of each other as well as the staff.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted November 18, 2015
I feel that Garrison cares about their students well-being and the staff always have empathy for its students.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted November 18, 2015
I feel that this school develops honesty, integrity and fairness in its students because there is a theme the students must follow every week. The theme usually consists of honesty, integrity and fairness.

Garrison Elementary School 5

Posted November 18, 2015
I went to this school and my oldest daughter and now my youngest goes to this school and she love it. My youngest been going to Garrison since she was in Headstart and now she is in the thrird grade.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 18, 2015
The teachers I would like to thank are Ms. Tyburski and Ms. Black. Both of them are so supportive when it comes my child learning and development. Both teachers are very involved in the school as well as the community. Both are always available if you need them. Both are very great teachers and I am so proud that my daughter has the opportunity to have both as her teachers.

Garrison Elementary School 5

Posted November 19, 2014
My child started PK3 and is loving school. They have an excellent Early Childhood program, and he loves his teacher and aid. He also talks about his Specials teachers for art, music, Spanish, and PE. I have noticed a dramatic difference in his level of independence, and he's learned so much in this very short time. We will be staying at Garrison next year, and hopefully beyond.

Garrison Elementary School 4

Posted May 12, 2014
I absolutely love Garrison. It was a great experience for my children! Their teachers were awesome! I just registered them for the 2014/ 2015 school year and I look forward to many more to come.

1200 S Street Northwest, Washington, DC  20009
Last modified Garrison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.