Bad
Good

i took my student there and he got no respect and they treated him wrong

As an educated professional, I chose to move into this upcoming community and send my kids to this school. I discovered that the school focuses on student needs above all else. It has a demanding "can do" school culture that many of us love!

Don t let the supposed high test scores fool you (less than half of all students are passing the tests, sounds like a failing grade to me). Sousa does not provide the best middle school education in DCPS. Any school with such a high turnaround of staff does not have the tools to provide an education comparable to Sousa s peers in Georgetown or in the VA and MD suburbs. Think again before you send your child to Sousa. Our communities are regularly taken advantage of and it should not be tolerated. The administration assumes that families in this community are uneducated. If your student reports that they have witnessed any unusual activity, call the school. Then call your local media outlet. Sousa has a spotlight on it due to it s supposed turnaround under the last principal. I am sure that other media outlets would like to hear that Sousa is still failing the children of SE.

This is the school I truly underestimated about. This is daughter first year @ Sousa. And Sousa has truly exceeded my expectation. My daughter finally found her comfort zone. And that is truly wonderful from the previous school setting that she was in. The leadership @ Sousa is not only a Principal, he demonstrates to me to be a wonderful mentor to our trouble youth men. As a Vice President of the PTA my mission is to get more parents involvement which the lacks in. However, we are seeing it increases as meetings are forming. I am so forward to see more wonder things @ Sousa. If you are a parent seeking a great school, Sousa Middle School is the school of choice no doubt.

I Am So Pleased That My Child is in This School Because it is a great enviorment and staff i am so glad that my 2 children are succeeding in school and this would be a great middle school for your tween or teen to go to.

I was in sousa for a year which was last year.The staff at sousa really cared and encouraged the students.You could tell they cared.There were a few problem children which is normal that would be handled the right way-right away i would recommend this school.Which is why i was sad when i had to change schools for an unorganized maryland school

sousa has been excellent over all the this school year compared to last year and the year before that.discipline is 100%.and test scores have increased and i'm a proud and happy parent for my child succeding with her education at sousa.

my teachers are excellent and the test scores are the best

my child has really improved i all subjects and the teachers and principals are excellent

The principal is awesome and the teachers are awesome and dedicated. I love the single sex classrooms!!

Last modified Sousa Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.