Posted April 28, 2014
Hyde is a great school with lots of parental involvement and teacher commitment. I have 3 sons and they have all different personalities, at Hyde each of their needs are met and they are all able to learn beyond measures. I also that the principal is one of the best and takes on a role that is personal, passionate, and respectful, that helps the children feel more confident and want to excel in everyday learning. I think that Hyde Addison Elementary is one of the best in Washington DC.

Posted April 20, 2014
My school is where I learn, I play and I stay 6 hours a day. I go with my little brother. He is in kindergarten and I am in 3rd grade. Everyone knows our names. There I met my best friends. They are Americans or from all over the world. Together we learn Math, Science, History and also other countries's cultures. My favorite places are the library and the playground. But it could be better. I wish we have more teachers and a theater for plays. I love to go to school every day!

Posted September 30, 2013
Hyde Addison is a gem. For a public school, you really get a quality education. The staff is professional, responsive, and - most importantly - they love the children. There is a strong sense of community and my children have learned values that far exceed academics. They have learned to celebrate differences, conflict resolution, empathy, and respect for self and others. I can on and on about this school. There is a very involved community of parents that are an integral part of the educational experience. Dana's leadership is phenomenal. She gives her all to that school and it really shows. We are blessed to be a part of such a vibrant and thriving community!

Posted September 26, 2013
This is a wonderful small school that does a great job across many areas of education. My eldest child has attended from PreK-4th grade, and my youngest from PreK-1st. Both kids have had amazing teachers who have worked with them and pushed them to do their best. Every adult in the school knows every child's name and there is a good feeling of community among the parents. I find it to be an excellent school!

Posted September 26, 2013
This is a wonderful school, with great teachers, parents and staff. So lucky to have my son at Hyde Addison.

Posted September 26, 2013
An excellent school. Principal extremely responsive, teachers are consistently amazing. My daughter began in Kindergarten and is now in 4th grade and every year is better than the last. highly recommend.

Posted February 23, 2012
My child has attended grades K-5 at Hyde Addison and I can say without hesitation that I have no regrets with sending him here. Hyde has all of the benefits of a small school but some of its drawbacks as well. I have a lot of faith in Principal Nerenberg and the teachers. They all know my child, which isn't uncommon, and take a genuine interest inside and outside the classroom to make sure he succeeds. The school underwent a multi-million dollar renovation thanks to the Fenty Administration and now has 2 historic schoolhouses connected by a fenced in playground. While the school has all the charm of Georgetown so too its space constraints. The children go to Fillmore (Hardy) on Wednesdays for 2 arts electives. This works out well but the school's lack of a gym is something the administration needs to address. They have 2 PE classes/week outside or in makeshift spaces. Performances and PTA meetings are generally held at St. John's Church across the street. Class sizes are on the high end and would be difficult to manage if not for the student teacher assisants. The school is incredibly diverse both socioeconomically and linguistically. I call it the United Nations of schools.

Posted October 03, 2009
This school is simply wonderful - the principal and teachers are phenomenal and the support staff is superb.

Posted May 05, 2009
Hyde is a wonderful school! Ms Nerenberg is an excellent principal and the staff is wonderful! My kids have been at Hyde for the last two years. The educational opportunites are endless, and the staff really does dedicate time to your child. Kudos to Mrs Alsop and Mrs Roth!

Hyde-Addison Elementary School 3

Posted May 23, 2007
My child has attended the school since First grade, this is her fourth year, overall I am very pleased with the school 1-3 grade results, The fourth grade year has fallen flat due to lack of clear direction and communication issues as well as the teachers not having enough support to properly implement the standards. I am sure things will get better as the school grows accustomed to its new leadership, but unfortunately it is to late for its current years students.

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Hyde-Addison Elementary School
3219 O Street Northwest, Washington, DC  20007
Last modified Hyde-Addison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hyde-Addison Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top