Posted July 08, 2013
I go to this school and it is the best. It is also easy for me I had straight A's only one B in the whole school year. It is about 60% blacks 5% whites 30% hispanic 5% other. What it can improve of is flexible and nice teachers. That is my opinion. Grrrrrrreeeeeeeaaaaaaattttttt school

Posted October 22, 2012
This school was actually put on my radar when the DCPS central office tried unsuccessfully to meddle with the program. While it was unfortunate that the school community suffered leadership upheaval, in the end it gained a great leader in the current principal. After some investigation, we decided as a family to transfer our child from one of the more successful schools in town to Hardy, and it's the best decision we've made in a while. My child is engaged and challenged in a way I suspected he wasn't before. The teachers are energetic and bright. There's a strong parent organization. Class sizes are small and the school has a very warm and cozy feel. Hardy has a new school-wide program designed to address the needs of its most academically advanced students and offer enrichment to those who could be identified as gifted. I can't really ask for much more from a middle school. Hardy is a hidden gem.

Posted October 03, 2012
Hardy has transformed itself in the past few years. They now have an amazing building with the addition of experienced teachers and supportive leadership. If you're looking for an option other than Deal, please do look at Hardy. You'll find bright, vibrant classrooms filled with students from all parts of DC being taught by true professionals. There are lots of sports, and after school options and the added benefit of the music and arts program. Check it out!

Posted January 31, 2011
I am a student at Hardy middle school. I am currently in the 8th grade. I have experienced the struggles and hardships that Hardy has gone through in the past year. Hardy is a very interesting school and I am proud to be a student that attends the school. The arts and music in the school interest me and help me look forward to my goals in the future. The teachers are great and outstanding. The only concern that I have about the school is the re-assignment of our last principal, Mr. Pope. He was really great and I really miss him.

Posted April 19, 2010
Outstanding leadership and staff: teamwork. Complete and thorough implementation of a quality program under Principal Pope.

Posted April 19, 2010
Students learn at a high levl Teachers really care Best principal in the area Music & Arts program make students excited about learning in general and it teaches great discipline

Posted April 19, 2010
Great programs, administration, teachers and students! This is a wonderful learning environment for all!...

Posted April 18, 2010
Hardy MS provides a wonderful, well-rounded education at the middle school level. The principal has put together a program that succeeds because of the extraordinary arts and music faculty and strong core academic faculty. The diverse student population from all over the city is also an enormous asset.

Posted April 18, 2010
WOW!, there are so many reasons why Hardy is a great middle and why I love Hardy Middle School totally!! Hardy Middle has AWESOME leadership- Principal Mr. Pope, teachers, staff and students. Hardy gives thousands of children the ability to thrive, be challenged through curriculm and experience the greatness of the world through arts and music. Hardy rocks...

Posted April 18, 2010
I have two children that currently attend Hardy and we are very pleased with the quality of education they are receiving.

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Hardy Middle School
1819 35th St. NW, Washington, DC  20007
Last modified Hardy Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hardy Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews.