Washington, DC

Posted May 18, 2015
My son have been going to Annunciation Catholic School for 4 years not. Each year he grows more educationally, mentally and emotionally. The staff has such support for the students and parents. The class sizes are small which helps with the attention from the teachers. It would be a plus for anyone to bring their child to attend school here.

Posted May 18, 2015
Annunciation Catholic School provides a loving environment and rigorous academic curriculum for our children. The religious instruction is top-notch and has had a significant, positive, impact on our children's lives. The principal is highly professional and responsive to families' needs, always seeking to address challenges as well as acknowledge successes.

Posted May 18, 2015
As a parent of two children at Annunciation Catholic School, I have been tremendously impressed by the experience my children have received. The principal, teachers and community/faculty encourages and cares for the students by promoting high self esteem and academic excellence. The curriculum is very rigorous this year and my child has to put in extra hours to stay on task. The Teacher's offer tutoring to children who seem to be having difficulty/ which we love tremendously. They understand what methods work best for teaching children and the small class size helps to maintain order and one on one guidance is a plus!

Annunciation Catholic School 1

Posted May 14, 2015
This is a very sad place, and honestly probably the worse Catholic school in the area. The Principal has no concept of what she is doing, and the teachers seem to be without guidance, or effective guidance. The administration has no idea how to deal with problematic classroom situations, such as bullying, foul language and mean behavior. My children learned the very worst words in the English language, and for the first time learned about drugs and other issues not appropriate to their age in their loosely monitored aftercare program. Despite the small class sizes, my children were still below grade level, compared with any other school, albeit private, public or charter. It was a horrible experience for them. Whatever you do, don't send your babies here!

Posted April 14, 2015
Annunciation s PK3 class is extremely affordable, comparatively. And it offers FREE before care starting at 7:45 am so convenient for our busy family! It also offers very affordable weekly pizza lunches and monthly hot dog lunches the convenience continues! It has an impressive curriculum. A full-service school, the Pre-Kers go to Spanish, music, gym, and art classes (yes!), have 2nd grade "mentors" who read to them weekly (so cute!), and go on fun off-site field trips (Imagination Stage). We get weekly (!) hand-written report cards on our daughter s progress, and receive regular emails on the units being taught each week. The teachers/staff are terrific! They really care about students, lovingly comforting them when they're hurt, sick, or scared. They provide fun, age-appropriate educational instruction using play-based toys, books, and hands-on activities. Administrators are competent and responsive. My daughter always comes home with big smiles and exiting stories about her day - the true mark of a great program. The student body is diverse, unlike neighboring private schools, and the S/T ratio is low 1:4. We love Annunciation and you will, too!

Posted September 22, 2014
This is a very good school and worth the investment in a child's education. The principal, teachers and staff are very professional. The student teacher ratio is very good, incredibly low. It is a small school and yet it offers students choices. It was a bold move to change to using tablets this year (Fall 2014-Spring 2015) instead of textbooks but that was not only forward thinking but logical considering what the students will face in the future with an aptitude in technology required to be second nature. I would highly recommend parents to consider this school if they want an excellent private school education along with the freedom to have their children pray and learn good solid Christian values. It is on par with the best Montgomery County public elementary schools, middle schools and private Catholic Schools in Maryland (which I as a parent have had experience with).

Posted July 23, 2014
My child is new to this area and school and I cannot begin to express how happy I was with both the Teachers and the Administration. They really seam to care about the children. It was the Principal's first year with the school and she seamed like a veteran. She promised at the beginning of the year that she would hold people accountable, teachers, students and parents alike, and she stuck to it. While I didn't always agree with her decisions, I respected them. Our last school was all about numbers and money, Annunciation is all about progress! My daughter's teacher promptly answered all my emails and kept me informed of her progress, that did not happen at our previous school. We will be here for a while!!!!

Annunciation Catholic School 2

Posted June 12, 2014
Horrible! The Principal doesn't know what she is doing! The staff seems unhappy, it's a sad place to be. Completely disappoint it!

Posted April 03, 2014
Our son is in pre-K this year, and we are so happy with the loving and wonderful environment of this class and school. We could not be happier. The school is absolutely fantastic and we are so happy we found it!

Posted August 31, 2013
The classroom sizes are great! My son is in the 6th grade this year and he only has 12 students in his class. They also have engrade which helps me keep an eye on his grades on a daily basis. The parent family is also great. This is the best school my son has ever attended. Please come and check it out.

Find the great schools in Washington DC

Annunciation Catholic School
3825 Klingle Pl, NW, Washington, DC  20016
Last modified Annunciation Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Annunciation Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top