Posted August 13, 2014
As a parent who has sent 3 daughters to Visitation, I have borne witness to some of the strengths and weaknesses of this institution. Strengths: rigorous education (your child will be prepared for college), interesting and talented teachers, strong sports programs, vibrant theater department, beloved traditions, beautiful campus. Weaknesses: strong alumni bias, poor administration/parent/teacher communication, stressful environment for students regardless of their academic/sports abilities, grade deflation, too little emphasis on non-performing arts. Overall, however, I have been impressed with the results - poised, analytical, well-informed, morally grounded young women. Prepare to be dazzled by your daughter and her classmates at a very moving graduation ceremony.

Posted May 21, 2014
This school is the most stressful learning environment I know of. It is unnecessary to make teenage girls feel this horrible about themselves. I am crying over the workload almost every night, and my teachers do not help. I want to transfer every day, and I would if my parents weren't so heart set on this "fine academy." Do not come here, no matter how hard the faculty may try to lure you in. I am smart and highly capable, but this institution has made me feel anything but. Take this as a warning.

Posted August 20, 2013
This is a dream school. The girls are bright, focused, and friendly. There is absolutely no bullying. Being intelligent is considered cool. Teachers are involved with the students. Classes are challenging and interesting. The girls bond like I've never seen. At the dances, all of the girls and their dates remain classy. There is no drinking or drugs.

Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School 2

Posted August 05, 2013
No single child is taking public transportation to this school.All are being dropped off by a driver in their luxury cars or limos. If you are middle class family or cannot afford a house around the school forget about registering your child here. Your child will feel isolated. School atmosphere is not heathy at all. This school is only for rich kids who has no single dreams in their future. Absolutely pathetic.

Posted April 19, 2013
Heinously elitist school culture. Absurd levels of parental involvement in academic and school life. GV does not make DC or America great.

Posted October 14, 2012
We could not be happier with this school. The girls are poised and bright; the academic environment is challenging; the teachers care about their subjects and their students; and the leadership from the administration seems very sound.

Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School 3

Posted December 26, 2011
My daughter really seemed to blossom at this school. However, I found that the Religious aspect was surprisingly unsatisfactory. A religion teacher was very inappropriate towards certain students. Cussing, speaking of drugs (in a jokingly way), and not preparing them well enough for exams and tests. Other than this, the teachers are great, and the girls are sweet.

Posted March 06, 2011
Beautiful campus, great people, and classy girls! As a mother of three, I have had to work hard for my children, like most parents do. When my daughter came home from shadowing she was in love with the school. I wanted nothing but the best for my daughter and didnt want her going to some snobby school. Visitation is the exact opposite! The teachers are delightful and very intelligent. The physics program is rigorous and probably the highlight of the freshman experience so far. The sports teams are phenomenal and the sports coach is in charge without being mean! Parents are darlings and there are NO bad apples. Overall, just an extremely delightful school and experience.

Posted February 28, 2011
Visitation seems to be a school that is more about parents than about educating our children. I'd been forewarned that it has a very elitist attitude - and now I've seen it for myself. I don't see Catholic morals or values in their operations, so I wouldn't expect to see them in their classrooms either.

Posted July 25, 2009
A great school that really watches out for your daughter. Great friends have been made and she loves the school, arriving early and staying late.

Find the great schools in Washington DC

Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School
1524 35th St NW, Washington, DC  20007
Last modified Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top