Our Lady of Victory School 4

Posted December 07, 2012
I graduated in 2007 and had a blast while at OLV. It definitely prepared me a lot for high school. I was never bullied nor witnessed friends that were bullied. I loved all my teacher's and received care and attention from each and every one of them. I am now in my second year of college and continue to reminisce about my days at OLV. OLV truly helped me become who I am today. I continue to have close bonds with the friends I made while at OLV.

Our Lady of Victory School 1

Posted October 13, 2012
Our child continues to be bullied and the teachers and the principal ignore continue to ignore this very important issue. History has proven over and over again that when bullying exists, terrible things happen, if it is not addressed. In a Catholic School, the expectation is a safe and caring environment. This certainly does not exist at this school.

Posted September 11, 2012
My son recently graduated from OLV and was accepted into an academically competitive prep school. The education he received at OLV clearly prepared him, as he did well on the placement test, which I chalked up to the school s focus and preparation. Also, the teacher recommendations are important and their teachers do carry a lot of weight with the local prep schools. I do understood a few of the negatives mentioned on some of the recent comments about the favored treatment children of the faculty receive, but all in all OLV is a tight, close knit group that strives to do their best and the children are just that much better because of it. What hasn't been mentioned in the comments is that OLV gets their young graduates into very good prep schools, both the girls and the boys. For a small school, their batting average is excellent. The term I ve heard is 'feeder school.' So before a prospective parent turns down their nose at the asphalt playground or the Tokyo-like use of limited building space, understand that it works. And it works in spite of those things because of the dedication, caring and commitment of the faculty and parents.

Our Lady of Victory School 3

Posted September 09, 2012
As a former student at OLV I would recommend this school, but there are a few problems. The school shows heavy favoritism to children of faculty. The program of studies is very good all around, especially Spanish, but the math education was not good at all. Socially I enjoyed myself until middle school. I was bullied my last 3 years at school, and when complaints were registered not much was done to deal with it. Despite this, I had an overall good time at OLV and the pre-school and elementary school are incredible.

Our Lady of Victory School 4

Posted April 19, 2012
We've had a great middle school experience at OLV. My child attended OLV for only middle school; it was as pleasant and enriching an experience as possible for those years. The exposure to tough academics coupled with strong support from teachers and peers really helped my child thrive - during what is usually thought of as the tough years. It's small, but that turned out to be just what we neeeded.

Our Lady of Victory School 2

Posted April 05, 2012
OLV is ok but leaves a lot to be desired. The school shows favoritism between families, which seems to be driven by wealth. It is a small school, so everyone knows everything about everyone. There is no open door policy at the school. It's very, very traditional. So, the school uses traditional worksheets to teach subject matter, instead of innovative, new techniques and practices. There is little to no staff diversity.

Posted March 05, 2012
OLV is like a second family for us! We love the close-knit, diverse community that our child is exposed to at OLV. In addition to the wonderful community and comraderie that our child experiences, we also find that the outstanding teachers and solid curriculum have really helped to turn our reluctant learner into a child who loves to come to school since each day offers new adventures and challenges. This is a great school and we have really enjoyed becoming a part of this community!

Posted February 14, 2012
A great option in NWDC! In comparing notes with friends at other private or top-tier public schools in Montgomery County in NoVA, we seem to have had the most consistent run of great teachers. We've seen a little turnover due to marriage/childbirth, but the principal always manages to attract another stellar performer to join the faculty. The school is small, with a nice neighborhood feel, but we love that it attracts a diverse group of students from all over the city along with a number of international kids from the neighborhood embassies, World Bank, etc. Parents are very involved and the community does seem to watch out for one another; one of our children had some health issues last year, and I was heartened by the number of parents and teachers that approached me to check in and make sure things were going well.

Posted November 02, 2011
Best kept secret in DC! Our Lady of Victory literally changed our lives. The sense of community at this school extends to each and every grade. The diverse group of kids at OLV know each other, respect each other and live out the school's values code on a daily basis. We started in Pre-K and now are now in our fourth year. In the early childhood years the environment is a warm, caring, fun learning environment. Grades one and two have been an amazing shift from "fun" to more serious learning. The curriculum is challenging, the teachers are engaged and engaging and my child is LEARNING. And, the entire atmosphere is one of a family. The key to all this is the school's principal. She is fantastic. Go to an open house and meet her- you won't be disappointed.

Posted October 28, 2011
Our Lady of Victory is a wonderful school with a very warm community. The new counselor is amazing, and so are all of the other teachers. OLV is an excellent example of how a good school should be run. We have had our ups and downs with the school, but in the end I could honestly and sincerely look back and think about all of the wonderful things about Our Lady of Victory. It is such a wonderful and loving community; anyone would be blessed to be apart of it. The school has excellent teachers, a strong principal, and many other amazing qualities that a great school would have. OLV has really changed my daughter for the better.

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Our Lady of Victory School
4755 Whitehaven Parkway Northwest, Washington, DC  20007
Last modified Our Lady of Victory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady of Victory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews.