Washington, DC
Before care: Yes

Posted August 23, 2013
My daughter will be attending this school this upcoming school year. So far we are looking forward to the new year. The staff and principals have been wonderful so far. My daughter will be a 6 grader this year.

Posted May 23, 2013
My school has a religious foundation and family oriented. It has a very friendly and knowledgeable staff. The school has standard based curriculum and high testing scores. The students are very polite and respectful of each other and visitors.

Posted November 13, 2012
What makes St. Augustine Catholic School unique is its nurturing, close-knit family environment. The curriculum pushes students to their optimal level and core values such as honesty, respect and responsibility are instilled in all students so that they have the "life-skills" to be future leaders of tommorrow. Overall, I am grateful that my daughter and son attend St. Augustine Catholic School because I'm certain that their educational experience will bring out the best in them and exceed expectations.

Posted November 02, 2012
As a parent, I am so thankful to have found St. Augustine for my pre-schooler. Not only is the academic curriculum excellent, but also, and even more importantly, the environment is warm, caring and nurturing. I was looking for a school that teaches the basics like phonics and grammar, and yet is adept to our changing world. I found this at St. Augustine's Catholic School. The bonus is that the values, morals, consideration and love we are teaching our child is being reinforced and exemplified while she is in school. All this at a very reasonable tuition for what you and your child receive.

Posted October 28, 2012
The decision to place your child in a private or public school is personal. I would suggest St. Augustine Catholic School to any parent who wants their child to be in a well integrated environment on an academic, social and spiritual level for a very reasonable price. The most important investment you can make is in your child. I have spoken to other parents and have done the research as well, What St. Augustine offers is unmatched for the price. The before and aftercare is also great with varied activities that appeal to varied interests. Along with what is happening for us individually the school is continuing to blossom into a strong unit collectively. There is a strong Home School Association (HAS) and the drive of the parents to support their children and school as a whole is at a high point. Thankfully, Father Pat, Sister Gloria and the entire staff care and they continue to do everything to help our son and students overall to reach the highest level of development. The support has been there on every level and we humbly thank God for the work that is being done.

Posted October 16, 2012
I am a high school student who graduated from St. Augustine a few years ago. I always found that the teachers were there to give me extra help when I needed it. I am now attending one of the best high schools in the city, and St. Augustine helped prepare me.

Posted September 20, 2012
I am the parent of a St. Augustine School alumnus, and I also have a child who is a current student at the school. St. Augustine prepared my son for success in high school because when he had to take Algebra II as a high school freshman, he had already taken Algebra I at St. Augustine. My son is attending a very rigorous high school in DC, and St. Augustine effectively prepared him to do well.

Posted September 18, 2012
The early childhood K-3 program at St. Augustine is absolutely rock solid and phenomenal. I don t know how Sister Gloria put together such a stellar team, but it is nothing short of brilliant. For those of you who have children in Mrs. McDonald s Pre-K and Miss Latney s Kindergarten; hold on to your hearts because you are in for a real educational treat. Here s how the early childhood journey goes. Mrs. McDonald s incredible talent nurtures confident babies who become literary, mathematical and scientific blue ribbon geniuses. Yes the babies can read, manipulate numbers and conduct experiments when they leave her nurturing class! Mrs. McDonald then delivers future blue ribbon students to the extraordinarily gifted Miss Latney in Kindergarten. Miss Latney puts on the finishing touches and delivers polished young intellectuals for a phenomenal hand off to Ms. Wilson s first grade! I am now super excited about the great possibilities of first grade and what s on the horizon for St. Augustine this year. I can hardly wait to see the prodigies that will unfold under Miss Wilson s tutelage.

St. Augustine School 4

Posted June 29, 2012
I have three children who attend Saint Augustine in grades 1, 3, and 7th. I believe in Saint August Mission and I have confidence in the leadership of the Principal. However, some of the teachers are entrenched in their ways and are not willing to learn newer methods of teaching. What is lacking is motivation. The dullest moment at Saint Augustine is the Assembly. Its painfull to hear the students say the 'Hail Mary

St. Augustine School 3

Posted June 29, 2012
I am bit shocked by some of the negative comments that have been posted. As with anything you get what you put in. If your child is willing to learn then they will succeed. But if you have parents (of which there are quite a few here) who take absolutely no repsonsibility for their child's behavior and leave it to rest on the shoulders of the teachers then you get the negative comments below. I have had children attending this school for the last three years. Yes there have been issues but when presented in the right arena (parent conference) and not the hallways in front of other children you get results. There are number of parents whom I only see when there is an issue and not when the school needs their support on the front end. What I would like to see is more scholarship funding given to the students whom are excelling than the children and parents who receive funding based on living in DC or economic status whom seem to be the source of the majority of the behavior issues. This past year my children had a phenomenal year academically...4th grade and Pre-K were excellent! My children were thoroughly challenged. As GENUINE parent involvement increases the school will improve

Find the great schools in Washington DC