PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 10, 2015
Yes I do believe the school develops persitence, grit and determinationin its students. The school gives it students a great deal p The school does develop persistence grit and determination in its students. The teachers work with the parents and they to ensure the highest potential of the students is brought out. Developing strong student is done in collaboration with parents to ensure students reach the highest potential.

Posted July 10, 2015
Overall, I am very pleased with the fact that the school makes students work hard for their grades. I happen to have a child that is quite capable and if allowed would only do minimum work. I am so appreciative of the teachers for pushing my son and making it clear they require him to work to his highest potential.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 10, 2015
I like the fact that the school works hard to keep a balance with homework requirements while allowing time for family and friends.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 10, 2015
The students are taught, daily, to respect their elders, those more vulnerable than themselves, and their own self. I am so glad my child is in this type of environment because it is lacking in general society today. It reaffirms what we teach at home.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 10, 2015
I see this evidenced especially by the older students in how they interact with the younger students. So refreshing to see middle school children speak to and reach out to the younger students with interest.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 10, 2015
This is at the core of their teachings! My experience is that these values are taught by example.

Posted July 10, 2015
The teachers teach in such a manner that the child applies their new-found knowledge in every day life. I was preparing for a party and arranging things, and my then 5-year-old, says, "oh, you are making patterns" and proceeded to help me, actually keeping to the pattern I had started. I was so tickled!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 10, 2015
When a parent walks down the hall at this school you can see the joy on the students faces. The support and encouragement from the school staff improves the students' self-esteem and academic goals as well.

Posted July 10, 2015
I have never met a more dedicated bunch of teachers in my children's 6 years of school.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 10, 2015
My chlid loves homework and I can see the focus, determination, and enjoyment my child has to succeed.

Find the great schools in Washington DC