Bad
Good

Seaton Elementary School 5

Posted December 19, 2014
I'm a parent of a PK3 student and I couldn't be happier with Seaton. Our daughter looks forward to going to school every day. My wife and I are certain to re-enroll for PK4. The teacher quality is terrific. Midway through the PK3 year, our daughter is writing about half the alphabet, which she learned almost entirely in school. Our PK3 teacher, Ms. Leehey, regularly takes the kids on walks around the neighborhood and engages the kids in different class activities. You sometimes hear that DCPS schools don't have extracurriculars or the arts. That's not the case with Seaton. The art teacher, Ms. Thomas, is one of the most creative and patient teachers I've ever met, and certain better than most art teachers I had as a kid. We're very impressed with the fun projects our daughter brings home after school. Don't worry about the test scores. First, the tests aren't administered until the 3rd grade, 6 years after PK3. So improvements in the early grades aren't reflected in the scores. Second, many of the students at Seaton are ESL--which, to me, is a huge strength--but it reflects in some of the scores. Bottom line, Seaton is a terrific school flying way below the radar.

Seaton Elementary School 5

Posted October 06, 2011
Seaton is an amazing school! The principal works hard to ensure that all students are getting a quality education. He has been there for years and is doing an awesome job! I am happy to send my kids to Seaton.

Seaton Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2007
Seaton E.S. is a great place to learn. Most teachers have always been open to suggestions and parental involvement. I love the fact that the AfterSchool for All Program always has exciting activities for my children. They come home from school bursting with emotion about what they did in school. I love the fact that my children are not only challenged in the classroom but they challenged physically in Gym class and in various sports teams. This is the only Elementary School in DC that teaches my kids to swim with certified swim instructors. All in all Seaton is a great school.

Find the great schools in Washington DC

Seaton Elementary School
1503 10th Street Northwest, Washington, DC  20001
Last modified Seaton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.