K-8|Private

Bad
Good

We found Sheridan almost by accident but in the end we're quite happy we did. As two dads we were not sure what to expect but the true commitment to diversity at the school is very impressive. Not that they have it perfect -they don't - but they are willing to have tough conversations and look beyond band aid solutions. Academically, I am still working to understand the nuance behind the term "progressive education" but what I see is a school that focuses on teaching kids how to think. We were super impressed by the approach to math - it's not just rote memorization (although there is some). I even learned to think about math differently because of it. The school has been having some great discussions about the future. I was very pleased to see that as part of the strategic planning process both feeder and destination schools were interviewed and the overall opinion of Sheridan was very high. Although our family is not thinking about high school yet, it's great to know that the Sheridan kids are sought after for their maturity and their inquisitive approach to learning. In addition to the very warm and safe school environment, we found that our son LOVES the after school activities as well. From Karate to breakdance to "future makers" he's enjoyed it all. Overall, we've loved our Sheridan experience so far. We've become fond of the kids, the staff, the parents and the overall community.

Our son loves Sheridan and so do my husband and I. Sheridan School offers a progressive curriculum which is helping our son become a more critical thinker. Sheridan also offers a safe, caring and inclusive school environment. The teachers are great! They're highly educated, great at communicating the weekly class assignments (via the class blog) and are always available to give us advice and/or updates on his progress. Sheridan has been a great fit, not just for our son, but also for our family.mar

Sheridan is a great school with a wonderful community of parents, teachers and staff. It has been a joy to watch our daughter blossom and grow academically and socially. She is an environment where she feels safe and her confidence has increased as a result. I cannot say enough about the wonderful teachers and the joy they bring to learning. It is a wonderful feeling when your child says she loves school and looks forward to going every day.

Sheridan has been an incredible experience for our children. It is caring, nurturing, and extremely child focused - things that make it a safe place for our kids to try new things, stretch themselves, and explore complex ideas and concepts. We have had wonderful experiences with teachers in every grade so far who care about our children as people and learners. From languages to art to science, they work to engage each kid where they are and stretch their limits. If you are considering Sheridan, I encourage you to go to an open house and talk to one of the 8th graders - the best measure of a school's success. You will be blown away by their maturity and poise, and by the fact that they are truly well-balanced, kind, thoughtful human beings. Both my daughters look up to the older kids at the school and feel connected to and supported by them. It is a real community, not snobby, not racist, not quirky. Take the negative posts with a real grain of salt - and go visit and see for yourself. It is an amazing place.

This is a wonderful school. Completely supportive of all types of children and families, academically challenging, with a focus on social/emotional development. We could not have asked for a better environment. Everyone knows my child so she will never get lost. Attentive teachers and administration who view parents as partners in their child's academic success.

This school has been wonderful for my daughter. She has come out of her shell and gain so much confidence. She loves the close knit community. This is a great school for those looking for a small, nurturing and creative environment.

Sheridan is an amazing school. I am now in my 9th year there, as for the people says kids have 'social problems' is far from the truth the community is strong. The headmaster is kind and caring to every child there. The staff is kind and wants you to succeed. We are not a sit down, be quiet school. We are a friendly school focused on every member of the school. I think that this is a great school it may be small but it's a great school

sheridan is a creative, nuturing, inspiring, and academically challenging environment where each child is allowed to develop as an individual while becoming an integral part of the overall school community. Our child thrived in her kindergarten year and loves her school, teachers, and friends. Our only complaint would be the food service, which is too rushed and offers too many processed alternatives to the regular well-balanced lunch menu and too many junky snacks during recess and after school - there is no financial opt out for parents who would rather pack lunch and snacks. However, this same source caters some of the other independent schools in the area, so that issue should not be a large factor in decisionmaking.

Sheridan is a great place to school. There are fabulous teachers, fantastic learning techniques, and great people. It is a cute little school with lots of wonderful people and great teaching.

Our daughter has been at Sherican for 1.5 years now (all of K and half of her first grade year) and my nephew and niece each attended Sheridan for 9 year (K-8). We really have nothing but good things to say about the schhoo.nothing bo

Last modified Sheridan School is a Private school that serves grades K-8