Washington, DC

Posted May 31, 2014
As a student almost in the 7th grade at Maret, I love it at this school. This coming school year will be my second year at Maret and I am in love with the school. It is truly an amazing place to be.

Posted March 05, 2012
Maret was the best thing that ever happened to me. Coming from a public school, I had no idea what to expect. With many affluent classmates, I thought I would stick out as that was not my background. This is a learning environment like no other. Students, faculty and staff alike made me feel safe, special, and a vital part of the Maret community. I'm 6'3" and I still remember the little kindergarteners running in between my legs on the way to class. Those kids are now grown men and women now who are some of my best and most loyal friends in the world. With such a stellar reputation and the exclusivity of such a private learning environment, you would think it could be stifling and rigid, but that's exactly what Maret is not. You learn to seemlessly mesh with all races, nationalities, religions, etc...and it's not forced at Maret. That just doesn't happen at many places---maybe on a college campus but not in a lower, middle or high school environment. The teachers have all been there for decades but their teaching styles and techniques are all individualized, not stale. If you want to learn and grow as a person too, there is no place like the Maret School.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 15, 2011
I cannot say enough good things about Maret. This is a challenging school run by expert educators who are dedicated to being sure each and every child reach his/her potential. We transferred from St Albans to Maret and felt like our son had been emancipated from an overload of "drill and Kill" homework to class assignments and discussions that were designed to really teach children new skills and become more creative and thoughtful. At Maret they really teach kids to love learning , respect each other, and rise to meet new challenges. In addition, the place is culturally an incredibly nice community where students are comfortable working closely with teachers and respect/ admire their peers rather than seeing them as "competition".

Posted June 19, 2011
My daughter is at Maret (MS) and we are really really happy. The school's teachers and families are amazing and the progressive/ free spirit education values that Maret School promotes, are simply spectacular.

Posted June 10, 2011
Outstanding school that combines both accademic and educational excellence with a supportive and humane environment. Teachers are creative and enthusiastic in their approach to each student. Our daughter has been at the school for 5 years and we have yet to hear a complaint about a teacher or class from her.

Posted June 26, 2010
My son was a "lifer" (attended from kindergarten through 12th grade) and loved it. There is a clear sense of community and respect for individuality. It has a very strong academic focus, yet the atmosphere is cooperative rather than competitive.

Posted February 10, 2010
My doughter is in 4th grade and has been there since kindergarten.She really likes to be with the older and the younger kids. The quality of the instruction is very high. There is an interdisciplinary approach to learning that works well towards educating well rounded children.

Maret School 0

Posted May 26, 2009
I go to Maret and I love it. you know everyone in the school, except for maybe a couple people, But you even know the people in high school. If you have trouble during the day, the teachers devote the extra time they have to us, the students. They are very patient and very polite. Most the teachers our very nice and they become your best friends. You end up having a great relationship with the teachers and everyone else there. I love Maret!

Posted March 18, 2009
Maret is a phenomenal school. It has taught me to strive for the best as well as seek knowledge in every facet of life. I have studied texts whose main points help me in a variety of debates. I would recommend this school to anyone with intellectual curiosity.

Maret School 0

Posted October 27, 2008
I am at Maret and I LOVE it the teachers are great and so is everybody in it!

Find the great schools in Washington DC