K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Leadership, in my opinion, makes all the difference both in and out of the classroom. Leardership that is student focused verses organizational focused is why we looked to a private school education. Attitudes generally reflect leadership, Maret has a few wonderful teachers as does many other private and public schools.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Programs at the school are focused on conformance verses multi-dimensional diversity which increases the bullying environment for multi-dimensional diverse students.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

See previous comments regarding leadership and my experience.

Develops character: Disagree

The character values are nicely stated, however implementation needs improvement.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

A few of the teachers are remarkable and because of them recogniation should be given.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Character development, in my opninion should be done in concert with family values.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Every kid that I have had the chance to ask at least a question has treated me with respect. They reflect the school spirit.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

For what I was able to see today during my tour, the kids seem engaged and involved in the class. We were able to observe during class.

Not only the school environment is great but they also really want to know about your kid qualities as a person, academically etc. other schools spoke so much about their school curriculum and curses they offer (which of course is something we all are interested too) but didn't show much interest in my kid as an individual.

I just finished my first year here as a 9th grader coming from public elementary and middle schools in VA and honestly Maret is a unique experience, especially compared to what I know from my close friends at Sidwell Friends and at McLean High School (public). Kids are really looking out for each other and connected to each other in the broad spectrum of things. Tons of diversity here. I'm learning way more than math and history being at Maret... including how different people and personalities work, learning about and recognizing social trends, norms, and breaking and questioning them (an experience I guarantee I wouldn't be having at most other schools). We also learn (as part of the curriculum) about homelessness and poverty in DC, and have mandatory hands on volunteer work in soup kitchens, homeless shelters, etc. I have a new appreciation for "school" after this past year.

Last modified Maret School is a Private school that serves grades K-12